WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

User avatar
old man tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 1156
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 10:37 am

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by old man tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:10 pm

I like rugby league


No to Folau


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6032
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:18 pm

no!!!!
been out of the game too long,
may be ok.
too big a risk IMO.

Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 2913
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:47 pm

trumper wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:01 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 1:25 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 11:04 pm
trumper wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 10:17 pm
Personally I couldn't care less which god he believes in.

Considering the public stance of the ARU towards being inclusive of homosexuals, the fact that the CEO of the major sponsor of the Wallabies is an open homosexual, and also the clear desire of the ailing ARU not to upset him; Folau has revealed that he is either too stupid, too stubborn or too convinced of his own importance to follow the game plan.

For me that is enough not to want him anywhere near my football team - a team which has, despite the sidelining of their highest-paid and most famous player, continued to succeed with the attitude that if a man falls in the front line, there is a willing and able man there to replace him.

Look at how Hayne derailed not only the Gold Coast but also Neil Henry in 2017.
Perfectly said.

All gays are going to hell and the CEO of your major sponsor is one of them. What a clever thing to say. Wait - "God made me do it".
The link between Qantas and Emirates makes the stance by the former against Folau to be not a good look. And the ARU inclusiveness provision not only applies to sexual orientation but also religious beliefs.

Ch9 reported this is the hot topic among fellow church members in the Eels' dressing sheds. Gallen's criticism of Folau on Ch9 last Sunday perhaps would not have gone down well with team mates who are members of the same Church (huge church).
Shouldn't the Eels be talking more about other things, like how to win a game? Nobody pays to watch people genuflecting on the first Sunday of September. If Folau has that effect on the hopeless Eels from such a distance, I'm going to double down on no thanks.

As to the whole mess with Qantas, Emirates, the ARU and Israel Folau, the observer will notice that the perversity of the Abrahamic cults of monotheism and the shrill railing against homophobia both count for nothing against a stack of printed plastic - so there's no need to really take any of that seriously.

Nobody is arguing that Folau should face exclusion because of his beliefs - well I'm not. I'd exclude him because our team, the Wests Tigers, is doing so well at the moment precisely because we don't have any such divisive characters on our roster - whether they draw the lines of division using religion, sexuality, skin colour or knock-ons per match is irrelevant, as the opposite to division is inclusion, and thats what a team is, inclusive.

Surely someone can see the criminal irony in the actions of both sides; the ARU's "Israel, you have no right to voice that opinion, we're inclusive' stance, and Folau's 'I have a right to be included because I belong to a group of people who believe in the right to exclude'.
Amen to that.

trumper
Member
Member
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed 21 Mar, 2012 6:50 pm

Post by trumper » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:59 pm

Yep.

God knows we don't need Israel's fallout.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28472
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:59 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:27 pm
People defending free speech. My question, is there a limit to free speech? Or can you say absolutely anything when you are in the public spotlight? Somehow i don't think you can.
Anyone can say whatever they want, but common sense, tact and diplomacy is wise.....otherwise you risk a smack in the mouth, getting the sack or getting divorced


WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 3320
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:13 pm

He'll re-join the storm. That's my guess
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:43 pm

For people not wanting us to sign Folau because of his personal beliefs is just ridiculous. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, it's our right in this country.

Has a story every come out about him not being a team player or causing any disharmony amongst his team mates? No. So what's the problem? I can't see him derailing our culture at all. He is a nice down to earth guy.

Just because team mates may have a different opinion to you outside of footy does not mean that's going to be impacted at training or come game day. It's just ridiculous what some people think.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4733
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm

Luke wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:43 pm
For people not wanting us to sign Folau because of his personal beliefs is just ridiculous. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, it's our right in this country.

Has a story every come out about him not being a team player or causing any disharmony amongst his team mates? No. So what's the problem? I can't see him derailing our culture at all. He is a nice down to earth guy.

Just because team mates may have a different opinion to you outside of footy does not mean that's going to be impacted at training or come game day. It's just ridiculous what some people think.
I don't care what he believes or what he says.

We don't need him at that sort of price - not value for money imo.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17532
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
Luke wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:43 pm
For people not wanting us to sign Folau because of his personal beliefs is just ridiculous. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, it's our right in this country.

Has a story every come out about him not being a team player or causing any disharmony amongst his team mates? No. So what's the problem? I can't see him derailing our culture at all. He is a nice down to earth guy.

Just because team mates may have a different opinion to you outside of footy does not mean that's going to be impacted at training or come game day. It's just ridiculous what some people think.
I don't care what he believes or what he says.

We don't need him at that sort of price - not value for money imo.
X2 Russ.

Don't care about his comments, he will not be value for money.
And she's turning cold, at fifteen years old,
Taken too much slow, minds gone out to sea on the P&O,
Don't know what to do, rotten shade of blue,
Another case of "stupid is as stupid does..."

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2500
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:48 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 6:59 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 17 Apr, 2018 1:27 pm
People defending free speech. My question, is there a limit to free speech? Or can you say absolutely anything when you are in the public spotlight? Somehow i don't think you can.
Anyone can say whatever they want, but common sense, tact and diplomacy is wise.....otherwise you risk a smack in the mouth, getting the sack or getting divorced
I'm not sure where all the shock is coming from. People know it's in the bible and that he's a deeply religious person. He's basically quoting a verse that everyone knows exists.

The bible has been around for a long, long time. People are going to have to learn to ignore it. Views like izzys are better on the surface than as an undercurrent.

User avatar
Luke
Member
Member
Posts: 329
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:25 am

Post by Luke » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 8:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:47 pm
Luke wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 7:43 pm
For people not wanting us to sign Folau because of his personal beliefs is just ridiculous. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions, it's our right in this country.

Has a story every come out about him not being a team player or causing any disharmony amongst his team mates? No. So what's the problem? I can't see him derailing our culture at all. He is a nice down to earth guy.

Just because team mates may have a different opinion to you outside of footy does not mean that's going to be impacted at training or come game day. It's just ridiculous what some people think.
I don't care what he believes or what he says.

We don't need him at that sort of price - not value for money imo.
X2 Russ.

Don't care about his comments, he will not be value for money.
I tend to agree, he is asking for a lot. If we were to sign him I'd want it for the rest of this year + 2019. Because that's when the next top players are off contract - i.e. Nathan Cleary. There's no other top players we could go for atm and we have a bit of cash to burn in the meantime...

Wildcat777
Member
Member
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu 04 Feb, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by Wildcat777 » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:09 pm

He is free to say what he likes. It’s Anzac Day soon and that is one of the reasons why we fought! Stick political correctness and all its friends up the clacker!

Would he add value? Probably would help sell more memberships, help with the funding...but will leave that to the Wests Tigers marketing guru’s ...it’s not rocket science.

In terms of on field performance and the benefit to the team will leave those decisions for the coach. Have faith in him and the football team! Got us this far already!
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

User avatar
Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 3860
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 9:12 pm

I'd prefer Jamayne Isaako. Probably similar risk if he is going to make a big overall difference to our team. Probably less money and can goal kick. More upside for the WTs.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

Muffstar
Member
Member
Posts: 2301
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:20 pm
Location: Port Macquarie

Post by Muffstar » Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:05 pm

Folau is a mercenary, he will take the best money on offer over the clubs best interests imo. I would be happy if he stayed away from the Tigers tbh.

User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 10931
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 12:53 am

good player and all, but yeah can he actually commit to one code and one club?

In so far as his comments are concerned, pretty sure most people can't say what they probably want to say on social media without some sort of backlash from their employers, high profile people even under more scrutiny. He was stupid making the comment he made. If he can't control that, is that something we want to bring here?

User avatar
sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 5473
Joined: Sun 23 Sep, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by sheer64 » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:01 am

Perfect fit for the rorters who still have 10mill left in their cap! :roll
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40182
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 2:01 am

Muffstar wrote:
Wed 18 Apr, 2018 11:05 pm
Folau is a mercenary, he will take the best money on offer over the clubs best interests imo. I would be happy if he stayed away from the Tigers tbh.
x 2

He is a mercenary , perfect pick up for the Roosters :pray:

Onthebus
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun 23 Apr, 2017 7:33 pm

Post by Onthebus » Thu 19 Apr, 2018 4:02 am

He would fit in well at Bondi but can see him signing with the Warriors so he can be with his wife

Post Reply