WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Doc Tiger

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 3:01 pm

He's not a kiwi. We need more Kiwis

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 3:24 pm

Fred Flinstone is on the outta at Warner Bros. We should sign him to add some real value.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Tigerstruck

Post by Tigerstruck » Sat 21 Apr, 2018 3:25 pm

I would personally love Izzy at the Club, as mentioned before, I think he offers the x-factor we need and can play anywhere in our back five. With the money we have and the money the NRL would hopefully chip in, we can definitely afford him, and I think he would complete the team WT are trying to build.
Regarding his recent comments, I am a strong believer that as an Australian, he has the right to free speech and that he can say what he wants the issue. However, contradicting that, I also think that the 'go to hell' comments were a bit over the top and that he shouldn't have said it.
Nevertheless, I believe he has learned his lesson now, and if we do sign Izzy, which I think we definitely should, he will only add to the team.

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 8:12 am

underdog wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:50 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 9:17 am
Unfortunately you can’t separate his recent comments from this thread. It’s kind of like when we were chasing Packer, and that thread was mainly all about his assault. He happens to be topical atm and for the wrong reasons.
Nailed it.

I wonder about his price tag though too. Would have to be around the 800 - 1 mill mark.

Wonder if the NRL would chip in if the tigers showed interest? The precedent was already set with Hayne.
Ha, I can see the NRL even banning the high performance unit to stop this transfer! It would be a fair call to say Izzy is a high performance player and it should apply. All for free speech, but his comments and actions have tanked his value. No 1M paycheck for him in the NRL. He might get registered on 600K but I think were going to see him in France or Britain, somewhere where his views won't be as widely known.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 9:47 am

Great work by the QLD rugby gals with their rainbow socks.....Izzy can go to hell.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:59 am

I think its harsh for people to say hes not the type of player we want or the personality we want at the club. He has been in professional sport for 10 years and barely had an incident that I can recall, bar this in the last week. There are wife beaters, criminals, public nuisances, thugs in our game. Folau voicing his opinion on a matter is not the biggest deal, obviously he has been poorly managed in how he voices that, but again its hardly something to write someone off who has a clean record after a dozen years in the game. There are many many players who have done far worse in the game, probably some at our club and people are happy to have them in the game.

He would answer alot of questions for us.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 11:17 am

kingbrooks wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 10:59 am
I think its harsh for people to say hes not the type of player we want or the personality we want at the club. He has been in professional sport for 10 years and barely had an incident that I can recall, bar this in the last week. There are wife beaters, criminals, public nuisances, thugs in our game. Folau voicing his opinion on a matter is not the biggest deal, obviously he has been poorly managed in how he voices that, but again its hardly something to write someone off who has a clean record after a dozen years in the game. There are many many players who have done far worse in the game, probably some at our club and people are happy to have them in the game.

He would answer alot of questions for us.
There's also plenty of young (& old for that matter) people struggling to come to terms with their sexuality and believe me, they don't need a person of his profile spewing the crap he has been of late. Just because he may not be physically violent towards others, that doesn't mean he's any less offensive.

ed612313

Post by ed612313 » Sun 22 Apr, 2018 9:17 pm

Surely we have a few more boys from the islands that are Mormons at the Tigers?
Should we get rid of them too?
What do you expect when you ask someone of the Mormon background what they think of Homosexuality? Assemblies of God v Mormon = Same same.
Whats next? Do we have any Mulsims at the club? Pretty sure homosexuality isnt accepted in that faith also. Would you be surprised if they openly stated their belief? Christians? Virtue signalling SJW idiots.
Get over yourself... Just because you believe one thing it doesnt mean you have the right to denigrate what another believes.
I dont have the same belief as what Izzy does towards homosexuals. But i get over it and move on. In no way do i consider my opinion more valuable to others than his. We all have our own beliefs.
And in no way do i want to see Izzy in the Tigers colors.. Why? Because he isnt worth the asking price. Even as a youngster he wasnt "electric" or fast. He was great under the high ball in an era where bombing to the wings was the game plan.
He has been playing a truely 2nd rate sport for years now where he makes a few tackles a game and at best runs 100m. And thats against 2nd rate athletes.
Hed be a good NRL player but plenty better....
No thanks

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Mon 23 Apr, 2018 11:59 pm

I don't think we should sign him. He's not worth $1 mil in my opinion. It's honestly got nothing to do with what he's said recently it's just I don't think he's that much of an x factor. He's starting to get old and he's not the player he was in his younger days. I'd rather sign somebody a lot younger with a lot of pace to play in our back line.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 12:21 am

ed612313 wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 9:17 pm
Surely we have a few more boys from the islands that are Mormons at the Tigers?
Should we get rid of them too?
What do you expect when you ask someone of the Mormon background what they think of Homosexuality? Assemblies of God v Mormon = Same same.
Whats next? Do we have any Mulsims at the club? Pretty sure homosexuality isnt accepted in that faith also. Would you be surprised if they openly stated their belief? Christians? Virtue signalling SJW idiots.
Pretty sure the problem is him actually saying in public what he feels that's the problem, no one is playing thought police.

Also not every religious person feels the same way about homosexuality as Izzy. Religion being the pick and mix it usually is, people (for the most part) pick and choose what they agree or don't agree with.
ed612313 wrote:
Sun 22 Apr, 2018 9:17 pm
Get over yourself... Just because you believe one thing it doesnt mean you have the right to denigrate what another believes.
Isn't this what Izzy has done though?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 12:28 am

I have 4 words for you

"Managed by Isaac Moses "

six to go , play on

WestsBenTigers

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 2:44 pm

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/24/bri ... ael-folau/

Jamayne Isaako has been tagged as the new Israel Folau and the Brisbane winger has revealed how he intends to follow in the dual international's footsteps in the NRL.

Broncos legend Steve Renouf said in a recent NRL Podcast that Isaako reminded him of Folau with his ability to get up high above the pack and take bombs.

The four-time Brisbane premiership winner said there were also elements of Folau in Isaako's running game where his giant quads and powerful sidestep make him a dangerous broken-field runner.

Isaako's bomb catching skills came to the fore again in the 34-20 loss to Melbourne when he leapt high to catch a high ball before throwing an overhead ball for James Roberts to score the opening try.

"I always looked up to Izzy and watched him closely when he played for the Broncos, and before that at Melbourne," Isaako told NRL.com.

"He was someone I idolised and who I've always wanted to play like. To be classified [by Renouf] as someone who plays like Izzy really boosts me to want to be that type of player as well.

"Izzy had that ability to get up under the ball and score and set up tries off the back of it."

It looks natural but Isaako revealed he had "never been naturally good at jumping for the high ball".

"Coming here to Brisbane it is something I have worked a lot on and [assistant coach] Kurt Richards has helped me a lot over the last three years."

Isaako is off contract and his manager Jim Banaghan recently said the plan was to re-sign with the Broncos.

Brisbane captain Darius Boyd also told NRL.com that Isaako's best position long term would be fullback, but the young winger said his desire to stay at the Broncos would not be diminished by not getting to play there in the short term.

"I had a good year at the Souths-Logan Magpies last year playing fullback and that is definitely where I'd like to play long term in the NRL," Isaako said.

"At the moment Darbs is there and I back him to do the job because he is one of the best in the game.

"I am a young gun growing into my role week-to-week on the wing. Watching Darbs is helping me grow and learn about the position I want to play and he's helped me a lot with positional play and with the right lines to run."

Isaako has been a standout for the Broncos this year but learned a lot from his one below-par Telstra Premiership game against the Newcastle Knights.

"I spoke to the coaching staff and I needed to work on my carries and running the ball straight and harder, and that's what I have been working on ever since the Newcastle game," he said.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 24 Apr, 2018 2:47 pm

i feel what cleary is looking for is someone who can help us off the field. someone who can put in as much as all the other guys when we do the sand dunes, beep tests, weights etc.

our season has started off well coz of a good pre-season and next pre-season has to be better. im happy even if we don't sign a marquee as long as they are good trainers and someone the rest of the squad can look up to and follow their leads.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Thu 10 May, 2018 11:54 am

http://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncatego ... s-haircut/

Folau Apparently Not Okay With Gay Lifestyles Despite Previously Rocking This Haircut

CLANCY OVERELL | Editor | CONTACT

Wallabies star Israel Folau has once again indicated that he is not a supporter of gay lifestyles and culture, despite the fact that he rocked a dashing feathered blonde fringe for a whole season back in 2014.

in Ivan we distrust

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Thu 10 May, 2018 12:22 pm

Nothing wrong or against people being gay here .. but since when did a haircut determine that you are gay .. !!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Thu 10 May, 2018 12:25 pm

Sorry .. forgot to contribute to the discussion ..

It's a hell yeah .. I'd pay top dollars for Izzy, a big, fast fullback who also has fair kicking boot on him nowadays. He'd be perfect combining in our back line .. he brings the "X" factor that we are looking for.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 10 May, 2018 12:30 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 12:22 pm
Nothing wrong or against people being gay here .. but since when did a haircut determine that you are gay .. !!
Since that haircut...

MissMe911

Post by MissMe911 » Thu 10 May, 2018 10:28 pm

Didnt read anY comments but Izzy is a big NOOOOOPPPPEEEEE
Constantly in the media for his big mouth and the media LOVE picking on the tigers and the last thing the tigers need is another player with a big ego and even bigger mouth