WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Jay

Re: WOULD IZZY ADD VALUE TO WESTS TIGERS

Post by Jay » Fri 11 May, 2018 11:15 am

Don't want Izzy and I don't think the club would either, hope not. Every time he makes a biggoted comment, it links straight to the club because he plays to them, and I don't want that negativity to the Tigers. If he could keep his mouth shut then sure, but I don't want the drama.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:26 am

Didn't god also say that the sabbath is for rest? I guess a $1m contract has swayed his beliefs on that. Will pass on him thanks

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:42 am

For the money you would have to part with I would say no. He would tick a lot of boxes, but clubs will be willing to part with a million plus a year for Izzy and at his age I am not sure he is worth that sort of money

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:57 am

Jay wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 11:15 am
Don't want Izzy and I don't think the club would either, hope not. Every time he makes a biggoted comment, it links straight to the club because he plays to them, and I don't want that negativity to the Tigers. If he could keep his mouth shut then sure, but I don't want the drama.
gee JAY what u just said is just the same ur a bigot, i thought we were all allowed free speech, funny how the rainbow brigade can say what the want yet if u speak out against them ur the bigot. leave the bloke to his believes hes not hurting anyone. and no i would not have him at his age and price.

sjtiger

Post by sjtiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:08 am

No to Folau.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:46 am

bp tiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 10:57 am
Jay wrote:
gee JAY what u just said is just the same ur a bigot, i thought we were all allowed free speech, funny how the rainbow brigade can say what the want yet if u speak out against them ur the bigot. leave the bloke to his believes hes not hurting anyone. and no i would not have him at his age and price.
Agree 100% BP
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:51 am

Folau has way to much baggage and he is more the Rorters type of guy I say No .

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:56 am

Any improvement he could provide Wests Tigers would be small compared to his purchase cost. Think three good quality players for the price of one Izzy.

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:03 pm

DonnyBrasco wrote:
Sat 21 Apr, 2018 1:06 pm
unfortunately we already have a player (who is probably part of the “god squad”) who has said similar things on Twitter during the yes vote, but nobody has written about it in the media because he is not a high profile player
Donny throughout the NRL I'd suggest there are many players of Polynesian and Melanesian backgrounds who have similar religious beliefs. Just because the law about marriage is changed doesn't mean the views of people with similar religious beliefs will change as well. I don't agree with your use of "unfortunately" because if this player said similar things well it is consistent with his long held beliefs which pre-date the change to marriage.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:05 pm

He will leave the game to become a minister or preacher Id say...it seems to be his passion and footy will run 2nd

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:14 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:46 am
bp tiger wrote:
Jay wrote:
Agree 100% BP
How is what he said just the same? What is bigoted about his comment?

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:17 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 12:30 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Thu 10 May, 2018 12:22 pm
Nothing wrong or against people being gay here .. but since when did a haircut determine that you are gay .. !!
Since that haircut...
Well said.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

Jay

Post by Jay » Sat 12 May, 2018 12:40 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Jay wrote:
Well it's more that everything he says goes to the club and sponsors. He should keep his views to himself until he is no longer employed by them...then go nuts. I'm surprised he is allowed to, I know lots of people who have social media rules with their employer.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sat 12 May, 2018 1:03 pm

cqtiger wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 11:46 am
bp tiger wrote:
Jay wrote:
Agree 100% BP
His bigoted opinions do hurt people actually. He's really a very intolerant individual and an outspoken one at that. I hope he feels good about himself and the hurt he causes. I don't believe our club would ever consider him. I feel his intolerant views have no place in league and definitely no place around our club.

claws

Post by claws » Sat 12 May, 2018 11:05 pm

Who would want a supreme athlete running around in a Weststigers team? Go Weststigers!

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sun 13 May, 2018 12:23 am

Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 12:03 pm
DonnyBrasco wrote:
unfortunately we already have a player (who is probably part of the “god squad”) who has said similar things on Twitter during the yes vote, but nobody has written about it in the media because he is not a high profile player
Donny throughout the NRL I'd suggest there are many players of Polynesian and Melanesian backgrounds who have similar religious beliefs. Just because the law about marriage is changed doesn't mean the views of people with similar religious beliefs will change as well. I don't agree with your use of "unfortunately" because if this player said similar things well it is consistent with his long held beliefs which pre-date the change to marriage.
Donny, I find your comment ‘God Squad’ to be offensive. I’m sure your family or friends benefit from Christian schools, Christian hospitals, Christian Aged Care, Christian cultural values, from all the incredible volunteer work that is done by Christians every single day.

Donny, our God squad has been a wonderful pillar of Australia. We have earned our place and quite frankly deserve more respect than you are offering. I’m calling that in on behalf of all of us in the ‘God Squad’

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Sun 13 May, 2018 12:30 am

Mccarry wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 12:23 am
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Sat 12 May, 2018 12:03 pm
DonnyBrasco wrote:
Donny, I find your comment ‘God Squad’ to be offensive. I’m sure your family or friends benefit from Christian schools, Christian hospitals, Christian Aged Care, Christian cultural values, from all the incredible volunteer work that is done by Christians every single day.

Donny, our God squad has been a wonderful pillar of Australia. We have earned our place and quite frankly deserve more respect than you are offering. I’m calling that in on behalf of all of us in the ‘God Squad’
Youve got to be kidding. That's pathetic.
Be offended then.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sun 13 May, 2018 4:25 am

bp tiger wrote:
Jay wrote:
you can say what you want, but that doesn't make you free from any consequences. Most businesses these days try to ensure their staff watch what they say on social media.

He can keep his beliefs, but he should realise that people will say he's wrong (as is their right as well if we're going to go on about free speech).