Josh Mansour

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3028
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Re: Josh Mansour

Post by Harvey » Sun 06 May, 2018 11:07 am

Milky wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 2:26 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:23 am
Milky wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:15 am
My mail is he is off to the Dogs
Is that when we get Blake Austin...?
Haaa.

A day is a long time in rugby league. Deals fall through.

My current mail is Mansour to Dogs. It could change but im happy to share it.
On a 5 year backended contract where he earns minimum wage for the first 3 years


User avatar
kafta
Member
Member
Posts: 1727
Joined: Fri 16 Mar, 2012 10:07 pm

Post by kafta » Sun 06 May, 2018 11:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Sun 06 May, 2018 11:02 am
Very close to inking a deal with...





























The Rorters.... :o :o
SWEET

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Sun 06 May, 2018 11:26 am

Can we get the same cap as the rorters, they will have 4 players taking up 4 million, maybe more next year, plus Mansour and the rest of their representatives, great accounting there.
Go hard or go home

hsvjones
Member
Member
Posts: 172
Joined: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by hsvjones » Mon 07 May, 2018 1:48 pm

Just seen in Sporting News that we are in the hunt for Mansour.. Sounds good to me if we have no luck with Val Holmes / Barber .

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 974
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Mon 07 May, 2018 1:54 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:48 pm
Just seen in Sporting News that we are in the hunt for Mansour.. Sounds good to me if we have no luck with Val Holmes / Barber .
Don't want Mansour at all. Injury plagued and overrated.


Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1352
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Mon 07 May, 2018 4:05 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:54 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:48 pm
Just seen in Sporting News that we are in the hunt for Mansour.. Sounds good to me if we have no luck with Val Holmes / Barber .
Don't want Mansour at all. Injury plagued and overrated.
× 2

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2152
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 07 May, 2018 4:31 pm

Damm I though we had him,
Sorry Geo I pinched your line.

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 711
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 5:01 pm

No doubting he is a class winger.

A class winger isnt going to win us a comp though, we have much much bigger issues.

next. . . .
Its an opinion!

User avatar
shakey4d
Member
Member
Posts: 1019
Joined: Mon 16 Apr, 2012 6:25 pm

Post by shakey4d » Mon 07 May, 2018 5:05 pm

Seantice wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 4:05 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:54 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:48 pm
Just seen in Sporting News that we are in the hunt for Mansour.. Sounds good to me if we have no luck with Val Holmes / Barber .
Don't want Mansour at all. Injury plagued and overrated.
× 2
x 3 money better spent elsewhere. Crazy to spend the kind of money mentioned on a winger that hasn’t even proven versatility at fullback or centre or an established goal kicker. Keep looking Ivan please.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 07 May, 2018 5:12 pm

shakey4d wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 5:05 pm
Seantice wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 4:05 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:54 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 1:48 pm
Just seen in Sporting News that we are in the hunt for Mansour.. Sounds good to me if we have no luck with Val Holmes / Barber .
Don't want Mansour at all. Injury plagued and overrated.
× 2
x 3 money better spent elsewhere. Crazy to spend the kind of money mentioned on a winger that hasn’t even proven versatility at fullback or centre or an established goal kicker. Keep looking Ivan please.
Yup....

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 1857
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:19 pm

Mansour only makes sense if their is a suitor for Nofa like the Eels. Too much money for a winger but if you offload Nofa who is paid well it offsets somewhat. Cleary knows what he is doing doesn’t pay overs historically.

User avatar
TigerSkins
Member
Member
Posts: 348
Joined: Sun 10 Nov, 2013 8:28 pm
Location: Canberra

Post by TigerSkins » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:20 pm

It was mentioned in here before round 1 that Mansour would be a rooster come 2019. People in the know, knew that Uncle Nick had delivered Mansour a brown paper bag (bpb) in a meeting .. and Mansour couldn't refuse the gift .. was too good to say no to .. !! So that's Josh Mansour (penriff) and Angus Creighton (souffs) to the Headless Chooks next season.

The BPB wins again .. !!

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5290
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Wed 09 May, 2018 5:48 pm

Re-signing with Penrith

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5477
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Wed 09 May, 2018 5:55 pm

Milky wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:48 pm
Re-signing with Penrith
I hope he does Milky
Go hard or go home

User avatar
the third
Member
Member
Posts: 731
Joined: Wed 01 Sep, 2010 10:55 pm
Location: here and there

Post by the third » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:01 pm

Injured Panthers flyer Josh Mansour has four clubs chasing his signature

PANTHERS
May 9, 2018 1:18pm
by MARK ST JOHN
Source: FOX SPORTS

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... fbc1954292

PANTHERS flyer Josh Mansour is recovering from a fractured cheekbone but is in demand with four clubs after his signature, after Penrith gave him permission to test his value on the open market.

Mansour is an Australian Test winger with no shortage of interest in taking him away from the foot of the mountains according to The Daily Telegraph’s Dean Ritchie.

“There’s four clubs lining up for Josh Mansour,” Ritchie told Triple M.

“The Roosters, Eels, Bulldogs and the Tigers.

Gus (Phil Gould) said last month that Penrith can’t compete with the money being offered and it was probably going to be a situation where Mansour goes.


“I’m now hearing that things have changed and he is desperate to stay.

“He wants to stay so if Penrith can make some competitive offer, I think Mansour will spurn those four offers and sign a long term deal to remain up there at Penrith Stadium.”

If Mansour has no choice but to accept a big money offer away from Penrith to support his young family, then Akuila Uate has been mentioned as a replacement.

“I think Uate is a back-up plan,” Ritchie said.

Mansour has proven himself to be a loyal clubman in the past which is way Gould is trying his best to reward that loyalty and re-sign the injured winger.

“He signed for a lot less to stay with us and I never forgot that,” Gould told 100% Footy. “Even the last time we paid him good money, but he could have got more if he put himself on the market.


“He didn’t put himself on the market. He said, ‘just tell me what I’m worth and I’ll sign for it.

“This time, he’s not single anymore - he’s married, 28, and I sat down and said, ‘mate, this is payback.

“You’ve been very, very loyal to us.

“You go and get the best price you can get and I’ll tell you if I can match it.”




Sounds like the kind of player you would keep around. We have no shot at him I’d say

User avatar
Milky
Member
Member
Posts: 5290
Joined: Fri 29 Mar, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by Milky » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:15 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:55 pm
Milky wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:48 pm
Re-signing with Penrith
I hope he does Milky
Ill give up with my inside info if this fails

The deal is almost over the line though

Spud Murphy
Member
Member
Posts: 1544
Joined: Sat 13 May, 2017 5:04 pm
Location: Third Heaven

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:36 pm

Milky wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 6:15 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:55 pm
Milky wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:48 pm
Re-signing with Penrith
I hope he does Milky
Ill give up with my inside info if this fails

The deal is almost over the line though
Good! Unless he is 6' 5'' and as fast as a gazelle, then a winger is NOT what we need.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6411
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:47 pm

How are the bulldogs legit chasing him?
They couldn't afford the man.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Post Reply