Is there any ex WT's players you would take back

Is there any ex WT's player you would take back ??

TMM
3%
Tedesco
18%
Farah
5%
Lodge
1%
Addo Carr
52%
Blair
No votes
Ayshford
1%
Austin
1%
Marshall King
1%
Woods
No votes
Fine
No votes
Heighington
No votes
Paseka
2%
Sironen
1%
Taupau
9%
Moses
1%
Gower
2%
Fifita
4%
Seumanufangai
2%

Total votes: 131

Spartan117

Re: Is there any ex WT's players you would take back

Post by Spartan117 » Wed 02 May, 2018 9:13 am

Robbie Farah and Jason Taylor

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 10:58 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 9:13 am
Robbie Farah and Jason Taylor
Fight till death?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Wed 02 May, 2018 11:48 am

851 wrote:
Sat 28 Apr, 2018 1:46 pm
JAC, a brain dead decision to play Rankin over him, or Rankin over anyone really
Plenty of people here thought it was a great idea , just shows how many brain dead supporters there are as well.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 02 May, 2018 12:13 pm

Carefactor wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 11:48 am
851 wrote:
JAC, a brain dead decision to play Rankin over him, or Rankin over anyone really
Plenty of people here thought it was a great idea , just shows how many brain dead supporters there are as well.
Only because you are thinking now rather than then.

We wanted to sign him - he didn't want to wait 2 weeks - stuff him.

Carefactor

Post by Carefactor » Wed 02 May, 2018 1:14 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 12:13 pm
Carefactor wrote:
851 wrote:

No im thinking of people who made statements about his errors or defence and those who just thought Jordan Rancid was a better fit when it was clear to all those with a football background that JAD was special and was going to be a star.
The wait 2 weeks is firthy , if the club had the foresight to see his talent he would have been a done deal.

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 02 May, 2018 1:42 pm

Carefactor wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 1:14 pm
Russell wrote:
Carefactor wrote:
851 wrote:

No im thinking of people who made statements about his errors or defence and those who just thought Jordan Rancid was a better fit when it was clear to all those with a football background that JAD was special and was going to be a star.
The wait 2 weeks is firthy , if the club had the foresight to see his talent he would have been a done deal.
I think at the time... Everyone (except Jason Taylor) were aware JaC was something special.
We all spoke in depth on this forum about how good he was however some defence issues.
Everyone here even people without football backgrounds knew he was the goods.
It was Jason Taylor who gave him his first game but opted for Rankin instead.

If you watch Josh's interview on the locker room he clearly states he loved being at the tigers and thanked Jason Taylor for the opportunity however felt for his career and his self it would be best to get out of Sydney and join a club known for its professionalism and after meeting with Bellamy he just felt it was the right thing to do.

So yeah, he was an average defender however quick and a great finishing.... Since moving to the storm he has improved dramatically and is imo the best winger in the game. The only person who didn't want him in grade over Rankin was the coach. So yeah.... What are u even talking about
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Wed 02 May, 2018 2:43 pm

Demps wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 1:42 pm
Carefactor wrote:
Wed 02 May, 2018 1:14 pm
Russell wrote:
Carefactor wrote:

I think at the time... Everyone (except Jason Taylor) were aware JaC was something special.
We all spoke in depth on this forum about how good he was however some defence issues.
Everyone here even people without football backgrounds knew he was the goods.
It was Jason Taylor who gave him his first game but opted for Rankin instead.

If you watch Josh's interview on the locker room he clearly states he loved being at the tigers and thanked Jason Taylor for the opportunity however felt for his career and his self it would be best to get out of Sydney and join a club known for its professionalism and after meeting with Bellamy he just felt it was the right thing to do.

So yeah, he was an average defender however quick and a great finishing.... Since moving to the storm he has improved dramatically and is imo the best winger in the game. The only person who didn't want him in grade over Rankin was the coach. So yeah.... What are u even talking about
I was of the opinion that we had no cap room and had to offload a well paid player to accommodate more than base salary and no deal had been done for Curtis Sironen at that point.

Anyway, water under the bridge now and I see that Woodsy still hasn't had any love in the poll.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Fri 04 May, 2018 1:29 pm

He isn’t on the list and back at the club this year as an assistant coach but back in his day hodgson was a very tough and reliable fullback, wish we had another fullback like him
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Fri 04 May, 2018 3:21 pm

Pat Richards. Sadly though looked him up and he has had to retire from a Knee injury.

Otherwise even at 36 I think we could have given him a go again on the wing. The way he could be such a ball playing winger was awesome. If you wanted to criticise Jason Taylor, why on earth did he fire him. He almost broke Origin in his last year with us and he showed how a traditional wing position could be flipped on it's head.

Seriously:
WE could make use of
JAC, Tedesco at the back. JAC strongly prefered.
Marty and Fifita up front. They would just add so much impact to our attack. Even Woods but on a 400k contract.

TMM and Farah we could take back on low contracts. I actually liked TMM as a player and he did well with the Cowboys. Sadly we locked in Reynolds just that little bit too soon (but we needed a big name and he was a good signing).

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 04 May, 2018 5:02 pm

westy81 wrote:
Fri 04 May, 2018 1:29 pm
He isn’t on the list and back at the club this year as an assistant coach but back in his day hodgson was a very tough and reliable fullback, wish we had another fullback like him
Club legend

RobertNathan

Post by RobertNathan » Fri 11 May, 2018 10:53 pm

Teddy will line up as one of the first picked in the State Of Origin side, so why shouldn't he be considered in the same way by us?

Fade To Black

Post by Fade To Black » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:49 am

Russell wrote:
Carefactor wrote:
851 wrote:

Yep. Bottom line is he did the dirty on WT by the sounds of it. Just another dog ala Moses, Ted and Woods.
And he is still useless in defence like he was with WT.
Pace-wise it would have been a sight to see having him and Korobeite on the wings running of Esan's offloads.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Sat 12 May, 2018 1:28 pm

I went with Paseka. Hard to vote for some of the bigger names that left on bad terms, and everyone knew the kid was going to be something. Left for an opportunity more than anything, but I’d love to see how Ivan could develop him with Packer, Matulino, Benji and ET around.
Definitely fills a hole in our roster too.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:02 pm

RobertNathan wrote:
Fri 11 May, 2018 10:53 pm
Teddy will line up as one of the first picked in the State Of Origin side, so why shouldn't he be considered in the same way by us?
Because he's a snake 🐍
Don't need cancer's like that at your club poisoning all the players and being a generally sly dog...

Pretty clear cut mate, sure he's a good player... But he isn't a good club man.
#Unbeatable

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Sat 12 May, 2018 10:17 pm

How bad would Farah be feeling now.. Players reserves , Benji is back and he is getting treated like a king and will retire and work for his beloved club...
I think he should still playing 1st grade somewhere though.