Lolohea

Madge

Re: Lolohea

Post by Madge » Mon 28 May, 2018 8:15 am

His support play was also exceptional every time there was a break he was the first one there, when Lawrence made the break he was next to him but chose not to pass would of been a try next to the posts

The_Doc

Post by The_Doc » Mon 28 May, 2018 3:32 pm

If we sign Mbye i would have Tui as our bench option next year could slot anywhere in the backline with ease and at a pinch play a bit of dummy half or swap around with grub if need be. That is of course is if Benji hangs em up and we dont swap Tui for Mbye.

P.S. I think Benji should hang up the boots and move into a mentoring/ambassador role next year.

VanillaThunder

Post by VanillaThunder » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:07 pm

TigerBlood93 wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 1:44 am
I hope not! I like Tui, besides what do we get out of swapping him for Moses? Still paying close to 700k for Moses. Doesn't make sense
Where does this come from? Moses asked for a release, and was granted one, the only money on our salary cap was what we had already paid him last year.
I may be wrong but that’s just my understanding of it...

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:11 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 4:07 pm
TigerBlood93 wrote:
I hope not! I like Tui, besides what do we get out of swapping him for Moses? Still paying close to 700k for Moses. Doesn't make sense
Where does this come from? Moses asked for a release, and was granted one, the only money on our salary cap was what we had already paid him last year.
Think you'll find he is talking about Moses Mbye.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:11 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 8:04 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 7:58 am
We would be crazy to let Tui go, he is still transitioning to the fullback role - that doesn’t happen overnight but he was one of the shining lights against the bulldogs with his speed and footwork.
But if Mbye comes....
I think it would depend on Benji, if he hangs up the boots Tui could be 14 next year.

I have never seen Tui play Hooker except for 1 set yesterday but when Liddle needs a rest either Reynolds or Mbye can defiantly fill in at hooker.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 28 May, 2018 4:12 pm

VanillaThunder wrote:
Mon 28 May, 2018 4:07 pm
TigerBlood93 wrote:
There was talk Mose Mbye was going to be a swap for Lolohere. Nothing to do with the worm Moses
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Snow Tiger

Post by Snow Tiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:10 pm

What are peoples thoughts on looking to use Lohohea as a hooker. I know he's having trouble with his knee currently however this will improve and he showed lasted that he's a football talent. As he's maturing his body is turning into more of a typical forward.

A spine of:-

9 Tui
7 Brooks
6 JR
1 Mbye

14 Marshal

might just be enough to push us deeper into the back end of the season. It also means we could play ET at lock or second row which is preferable.

Thoughts!
Since 1999 a supporter of Wayne Pearce and Tommy Raudonikis bastard child.

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:22 pm

Snow Tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:10 pm
What are peoples thoughts on looking to use Lohohea as a hooker. I know he's having trouble with his knee currently however this will improve and he showed lasted that he's a football talent. As he's maturing his body is turning into more of a typical forward.

9 Tui
7 Brooks
6 JR
1 Mbye

14 Marshal

might just be enough to push us deeper into the back end of the season. It also means we could play ET at lock or second row which is preferable.

Thoughts!
I don't think he could handle it.
Lazy and sloppy defender.

Think we should just admit he's a dud and that we need Mbye now and a reliable hooker. Outsourcing needed.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 2:33 pm

Demps wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:22 pm
Snow Tiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:10 pm

9 Tui
7 Brooks
6 JR
1 Mbye

14 Marshal

Thoughts!
I don't think he could handle it.
Lazy and sloppy defender.

Think we should just admit he's a dud and that we need Mbye now and a reliable hooker. Outsourcing needed.
Not sure he could handle the defensive load in the middle.

kingbrooks

Post by kingbrooks » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

Tui to hooker?? He looks gassed after 2 sets, never mind having to do 40 tackles a game.

Lets face it. Hes not up to it and Cleary got this one wrong.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm

Hes a fat version of Marshall without the skill....esl

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:45 pm

I was super excited when he signed with us but he hasnt blossomed as i had hoped .
Way too pedestrian
He needs to be busy and show a lot more urgency

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:02 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 7:45 pm
I was super excited when he signed with us but he hasnt blossomed as i had hoped .
Way too pedestrian
Bad injuries can do that to some of the most talented in the NRL....Tui is no diferent, but jut keep bad mouthing him like many other key board warriors have over the last few weeks....its human nature until you walk a mile in their shoes...I hope he does come good if not Ivan will know what to do with him.....If he seriously wants to shine in the NRL then its up to him ,Im sure he and Ivan have had many long discussions regarding his form....dont make out you know more than the man qualified for the job,we are after all just fans with no inside info,rather personal opinion wich means SFA to the ones who are the main concern...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:02 pm
Way too pedestrian
Bad injuries can do that to some of the most talented in the NRL....Tui is no diferent, but jut keep bad mouthing him like many other key board warriors have over the last few weeks....its human nature until you walk a mile in their shoes...I hope he does come good if not Ivan will know what to do with him.....If he seriously wants to shine in the NRL then its up to him ,Im sure he and Ivan have had many long discussions regarding his form....dont make out you know more than the man qualified for the job,we are after all just fans with no inside info,rather personal opinion wich means SFA to the ones who are the main concern...
Did I hit a Nerve ??

How did i bad mouth him ?

Everyone on this forum has an opinion so stop acting like his mother and being over protective

And BTW, using SFA also violates rules of the Forum

You of all people should know that !

And on the topic of Bad injuries, do you see Chris Lawrence running slow ??
Still goes hard for as long as he can

so shut up and take a seat

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm

Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:06 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Way too pedestrian
Did I hit a Nerve ??

Everyone on this forum has an opinion so stop acting like his mother and being over protective

Didnt hit a nerve at all...I have played the game and know exactly how some players deal with injuries and the step up to another grade...Tui had wraps on him for quite awhile ,Ivan coached him for a fair period and wanted him at the Tigers...he is the man in charge and if Tui cant deliver for whatever reason then Ivan will find a solution...if you cant handle being told something from someone who has had experience in the same situation,then its best if you say nothing at all and listen to an honest perspective,not a negative jibe....

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:23 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm
TrueTiger wrote:
Way too pedestrian
Did I hit a Nerve ??

Didnt hit a nerve at all...I have played the game and know exactly how some players deal with injuries and the step up to another grade...Tui had wraps on him for quite awhile ,Ivan coached him for a fair period and wanted him at the Tigers...he is the man in charge and if Tui cant deliver for whatever reason then Ivan will find a solution...if you cant handle being told something from someone who has had experience in the same situation,then its best if you say nothing at all and listen to an honest perspective,not a negative jibe....

As far as Lawrence goes many wanted him out as soon as possible,Ivan has turned his game around and we are now seeing a much better player than 2 years ago...he also gives 300 per cent in being a better player and works on it ,not like some...

Post by 851 » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:25 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Way too pedestrian
Did I hit a Nerve ??

He needs to find his form, enthusiasm, hunger or what ever it is in reserve grade, we do not have the talent to carry a non interested bludger in our 1st grade team.
Go hard or go home

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Tue 05 Jun, 2018 8:26 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
TrueTiger wrote:
Way too pedestrian
Did I hit a Nerve ??

Now go back and read my initial Post

Urgency has nothing to do with injuries.
I didnt say he was slow, i said he didnt look busy

Compare him to CT at fullback
One waits for the ball to bounce and come to a rest whilst the other attacks it and runs back as soon as he can

Once again, i say Tui doesnt show the urgency.
No mention of his form, ability, skill or the lack off.
That would be a personal attack and bad mouthing

And for the record i can claim expertise in my own field too. This post has nothing to do with you, Its about Tui