Lolohea

Tiger Steve

Re: Lolohea

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 08 May, 2018 10:10 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 9:12 pm
We don’t need any more rocks and diamonds players......they are killing us
Going by your name I reckon you’re an expert at rocks and diamonds! I remember Larry Corowa running 80m untouched only to drop the ball cold whilst running in the in goal to better his position. Not a defender within 20m!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tigrr

Post by Tigrr » Tue 08 May, 2018 10:13 pm

Larry Corowa was Awesome , the Aldo Carr of his day ! Mostly a Diamond !

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 08 May, 2018 10:17 pm

Tigrr wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 10:13 pm
Larry Corowa was Awesome , the Aldo Carr of his day ! Mostly a Diamond !
Yep, mostly diamonds but he could drop a ball!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Tue 08 May, 2018 10:27 pm

Tui has played in 3 games so far this year and we are 3 for 3, and he kicked us to victory against the rorters. Not sure why he would be left out if fit.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 08 May, 2018 10:55 pm

I hope Tui finds some form, we need him to.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 11:07 pm

Tui makes Larry Corowa look like Usian bolt. Tui = cliff Lyons without the skill, smarts or strength

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Tue 08 May, 2018 11:35 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 11:07 pm
Tui makes Larry Corowa look like Usian bolt. Tui = cliff Lyons without the skill, smarts or strength
All that and more, yet Tui is our most successful player this season and fills a lot of the holes that WT have in attack and his defence is okay.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:13 am

Just wonder why he was brought back early when it was obvious to all he was struggling, slow and cumbersome

upthetigers

Post by upthetigers » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:53 am

sheer64 wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 10:27 pm
Tui has played in 3 games so far this year and we are 3 for 3, and he kicked us to victory against the rorters. Not sure why he would be left out if fit.
Correlation does not equal causation.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 09 May, 2018 8:58 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Not sure why all the hate larry - not like you.

Think this thread is one of only a few that I have disagreed with your comments.
comparing him with Larry Corwara, Cliff Lyons, Benji Marshall is just folly and really is beneath you.

He has played three games at FB for us and one of those he was injured. Writing a player off after 2 1/2 games is pretty savage, especially since we won them.

I've been watching the games and Thompson has been playing well but he is not what we need at FB. Safe yes, run the ball back yes and in defence he is ok. What he is like at organising the defence at the back who knows (not too good over the past three weeks by the look of it).

We need a FB that ball plays and we have no other than our NZ mate. Obviously needs to get fit which is why he is in ISP this week, however he is all we have. At least we need to give him a fair go. Some players have had years to come good.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:01 am

If he can regain some match fitness he has to come back into the 17 on skill alone

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:15 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 8:58 am
larrycorowa wrote:

Think this thread is one of only a few that I have disagreed with your comments.
comparing him with Larry Corwara, Cliff Lyons, Benji Marshall is just folly and really is beneath you.

He has played three games at FB for us and one of those he was injured. Writing a player off after 2 1/2 games is pretty savage, especially since we won them.

I've been watching the games and Thompson has been playing well but he is not what we need at FB. Safe yes, run the ball back yes and in defence he is ok. What he is like at organising the defence at the back who knows (not too good over the past three weeks by the look of it).

We need a FB that ball plays and we have no other than our NZ mate. Obviously needs to get fit which is why he is in ISP this week, however he is all we have. At least we need to give him a fair go. Some players have had years to come good.
We need more players like Thompson less like tui. He runs around like a chook with its head cut off like Marshall at his worst. I want players that play the percentages, take the line on with speed, hit hard in defence. I had enough of watching us beat ourselves. Surely one Marshall is enough in any team.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:23 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:15 am
Russell wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:

We need more players like Thompson less like tui. He runs around like a chook with its head cut off like Marshall at his worst. I want players that play the percentages, take the line on with speed, hit hard in defence. I had enough of watching us beat ourselves. Surely one Marshall is enough in any team.
Think you are totally wrong Larry - but that is your opinion.

Guess if you can't see it - you can't see it.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:29 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:23 am
larrycorowa wrote:
Russell wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:

Unlike last year when we were desperate for a 6, we are now in a strong position roster and cap wise. I would be trading him to a desperate team (dogs, manly) and try pick up a decent proven footballer.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:34 am

Tui is named in the ISP side this weekend

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 09 May, 2018 9:34 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:29 am
Russell wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:
Russell wrote:

Unlike last year when we were desperate for a 6, we are now in a strong position roster and cap wise. I would be trading him to a desperate team (dogs, manly) and try pick up a decent proven footballer.
I get it - you don't like him, you don't want him in the team and you want to get rid of him. That's ok Larry, your opinion.

Like I said "if you can't see it - you can't see it.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Wed 09 May, 2018 10:01 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:34 am
larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:29 am
Russell wrote:
larrycorowa wrote:

I get it - you don't like him, you don't want him in the team and you want to get rid of him. That's ok Larry, your opinion.

Like I said "if you can't see it - you can't see it.
I would be happy to be proven wrong....I just can’t have him atm

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 09 May, 2018 11:37 am

Let’s hope Tui comes back hungry - untapped potential / X factor simmering below the surface.
May need to be hypnotised to believe the Golden Arches are an architectural site in Egypt (not a 24 hour fast food burger joint)

Keep the faith.