Sat 05 May, 2018 11:29 am
Geo. wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 11:27 am
851 wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 11:21 am

Who are they offering to swap
Big front rower...
Klemmer, cool
Other guy...really no idea...why do Clubs have to offer in return..who did we give the Warriors for Lolohea's services...?

Or the Panthers to get Elijah mid season..

Can be a simple matter of a Club taking up the players existing contract is enough + the player at the other Club has got to want too move...who knows...Seems an odd move for the Dogs who are still under Cap pressure..
Cap pressure has nothing on that of their fans. Isn't it great.

teddy23

Post by teddy23 » Sat 05 May, 2018 5:14 pm

Geo. wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 4:52 pm
teddy23 wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 3:49 pm
TSupps05 wrote:
Sat 05 May, 2018 3:43 pm
We need to stick by lolohea, everyone on here thinks he is s*** and we should rid of him as he offers nothing. God forbid something happen to Thompson, but if we offload Tui and some big innury occurs in our backline we are stuffed. With Tui although he hasn't come on in leaps and bounds instead he offers plenty competition and a fallback option if an injury occurs.

I back him to come back later on in the year when Brooks is playing Origin :D
Thonpason goes down god forbid

Kevy, Nofa and Heleta could all play fullback to replace him
Did Heleta get an upgrade...?
I’m not too sure.... but if Tui was to go so to speak we could

stevied

Post by stevied » Sat 05 May, 2018 5:21 pm

I'm glad that Tui's absence is due to his knee injury and nothing else. Watching him play, with the leg often strapped up, he has obviously been hampered with no trade mark pace or agility. Like a lot of people, I really hope he can return to 100% fitness, and by fitness, I mean a healthy knee and an optimum playing weight. There is no doubt he can be a real game breaker when at his best.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 05 May, 2018 6:52 pm

Ive been expecting to hear whispers of him going elsewhere for a while now, as its obvious that hes not capable of doing the job here.
But so far nothing, but I dont see that anyone would be wanting to take him on the money that we are supposed to have paid him

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:30 am

Saw on Twitter Cleary said he came back from injury before his knee was 100% and he re-injured it. Another 2 weeks away, You would hope that puts an end to the constant complaints about his fitness, but i won't hold my breath :roll:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Mon 07 May, 2018 6:31 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 6:30 am
Saw on Twitter Cleary said he came back from injury before his knee was 100% and he re-injured it. Another 2 weeks away, You would hope that puts an end to the constant complaints about his fitness, but i won't hold my breath :roll:
x2

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 7:49 am

He,d be 5/8 this week if he was available. We miss him.
Its an opinion!

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 07 May, 2018 8:20 am

Cleary said in the Presser that he would be back this week.

Assume he meant ISP.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Mon 07 May, 2018 8:34 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 8:20 am

Assume he meant ISP.
As I recall it was pretty open, such as, should be back and available for selection next week.

Whilst acknowledging his faults, I am an unashamed supporter of Tui and think that he will and needs to be part of the team when ready. Whether that be at the back, halves or three quarters, we desperately need his abilities to break open opposition.

I am all for the effort that the boys are putting in defensively, but we need to make other sides tire by forcing similar scramble through our attack. When at least one side of the field is not going forward or asking any reasonable questions as per the past few weeks, well something has to give.

I was even willing to give Gamble a go this week, but his confidence is down going by the half of reserves that I watched yesterday, so on the back burner for a little while yet.

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:20 am

formerguest wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 8:34 am
Russell wrote:

Assume he meant ISP.
As I recall it was pretty open, such as, should be back and available for selection next week.

Whilst acknowledging his faults, I am an unashamed supporter of Tui and think that he will and needs to be part of the team when ready. Whether that be at the back, halves or three quarters, we desperately need his abilities to break open opposition.

I am all for the effort that the boys are putting in defensively, but we need to make other sides tire by forcing similar scramble through our attack. When at least one side of the field is not going forward or asking any reasonable questions as per the past few weeks, well something has to give.

I was even willing to give Gamble a go this week, but his confidence is down going by the half of reserves that I watched yesterday, so on the back burner for a little while yet.
Oh ok! didn't pick up on that. Hopefully back soon.

We really need a ball playing FB in my opinion and he is it at this stage - there is no one else.

Thompson has been solid but will never set the play after chiming in. Not complaining as he has been going good.

He is a good FB but not a FB that is part of a good spine if you know what I mean. (in other words creative).

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:27 am

If Tui is anywhere near ready put him straight in at 5/8.

Benji is like an overcooked turkey at the moment.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:29 am

Russell wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:20 am
formerguest wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 8:34 am
Russell wrote:

Assume he meant ISP.

Oh ok! didn't pick up on that. Hopefully back soon.

We really need a ball playing FB in my opinion and he is it at this stage - there is no one else.

Thompson has been solid but will never set the play after chiming in. Not complaining as he has been going good.

He is a good FB but not a FB that is part of a good spine if you know what I mean. (in other words creative).

I second the issue with Thompson. He has been fantastic but he offers nothing in the way of ball playing and taking pressure off the halves.
Its an opinion!

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:37 am

While everyone loves Thompson - he is also the reason people are talking about tying to sign RTS, Holmes etc. etc.

They can see something lacking - whether our mate is the answer (who knows at this stage) but he is worth a shot when he is fit.

Thompson is a really good winger as well so that would solve another problem if it worked.

Sco77y

Post by Sco77y » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:40 am

He's looking good for 5/8 right now..

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:41 am

Yep Thompson is a set and forget winger.
Its an opinion!

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:43 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:27 am

100% agree.

willow

Post by willow » Mon 07 May, 2018 9:58 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:27 am

That's the problem at the moment, he's way down on match fitness.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:05 am

Lolohea won't be replacing Thompson at FG...given ISP's predicament losing another half on the weekend..Lolohea may be better served coming back through there...

Was going well at 5/8 last year some more heat on Benji wouldn't hurt either..

Reynolds is quite a way off...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..