Lolohea

willow

Re: Lolohea

Post by willow » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:07 am

Geo. wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 10:05 am
Lolohea won't be replacing Thompson at FG...given ISP's predicament losing another half on the weekend..Lolohea may be better served coming back through there...

Was going well at 5/8 last year some more heat on Benji wouldn't hurt either..

Reynolds is quite a way off...
He should be a shoe-in for 6 in ISP.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:21 am

willow wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:58 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:27 am
If Tui is anywhere near ready put him straight in at 5/8.

Benji is like an overcooked turkey at the moment.
That's the problem at the moment, he's way down on match fitness.
It's a shame. The guy needs to get on the park
Its an opinion!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:23 am

The Patriot wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 9:41 am
Yep Thompson is a set and forget winger.
I feel that last week against Warriors showed Thommo's limitations as a fullback. A good backup and a good kid, but he got fairly monstered and he just doesn't cause enough drama in attack from set pieces. He has great footwork but about half of his kick returns are dominant tackles, and although he supports offloads well, we haven't been much of an offload team of late. His positional play is excellent, but also he'll almost never be able to barge out of an in-goal or stop a try 1-1 at the line.

The premium FBs at this level offer another dimension in attack - tackle breaks, pass selection / extra 5/8th, pure speed to worry a backline. Thommo is more a winger, hunting around for opportunities, makes his tackles, solid positioning.

Again very good fullback 2nd option but as a first option, he's not going to add a lot of threat.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:32 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 07 May, 2018 10:23 am
The Patriot wrote:
I feel that last week against Warriors showed Thommo's limitations as a fullback. A good backup and a good kid, but he got fairly monstered and he just doesn't cause enough drama in attack from set pieces. He has great footwork but about half of his kick returns are dominant tackles, and although he supports offloads well, we haven't been much of an offload team of late. His positional play is excellent, but also he'll almost never be able to barge out of an in-goal or stop a try 1-1 at the line.

The premium FBs at this level offer another dimension in attack - tackle breaks, pass selection / extra 5/8th, pure speed to worry a backline. Thommo is more a winger, hunting around for opportunities, makes his tackles, solid positioning.

Again very good fullback 2nd option but as a first option, he's not going to add a lot of threat.
Well summed up.
Its an opinion!

BalmainTiger

Post by BalmainTiger » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:10 pm

jirskyr wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Finally some one who agrees with me. you hit the nail on the head.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 07 May, 2018 10:21 pm

Not sure who knows what on this forum with team selections but from the different comments I’ve heard in the press this week I’m predicting Tui back as fullback, Thomson to wing and McQueen in the 17 with Lawrence out. Also expecting Liddle to play with Taylor as back up.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Mon 07 May, 2018 11:47 pm

jirskyr wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

Booo!!!
Thompson shreds.

Tigertail

Post by Tigertail » Tue 08 May, 2018 12:09 am

WE need to show some faith in Tui in the fullback role, give him a few weeks to settle in there, and he showed last year what his capabilities are , he has the X factor that we need. Have Thommo and Fonua as our wingers.

BalmainTiger

Post by BalmainTiger » Tue 08 May, 2018 2:23 am

Tigertail wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 12:09 am
WE need to show some faith in Tui in the fullback role, give him a few weeks to settle in there, and he showed last year what his capabilities are , he has the X factor that we need. Have Thommo and Fonua as our wingers.
yes totally agree

the third

Post by the third » Tue 08 May, 2018 1:19 pm

If he’s back before Reynolds put him on the bench. ET covers hooker, tui covers fb, centre via Fonua, and can give benji a rest when he needs it. Or, just start him at 5/8 and play benji like it was supposed to be. We know what he can do at 5/8

Cory will be targeted with kicks on the wing and I’m not sure we would be better off with him there. With Fonua on the other wing - all the kicks will go his way

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 7:18 pm

No way tui comes in before Thompson.... are you kidding me....,haven’t you been watching games this year. He has been as safe as houses and one of our main attacking avenues....dear god. I have seen nothing from tui....you thinking Marshall is going ordinary and taking the wrong options....you multiply this with tui

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 7:18 pm

No way tui comes in before Thompson.... are you kidding me....,haven’t you been watching games this year. He has been as safe as houses and one of our main attacking avenues....dear god. I have seen nothing from tui....you thinking Marshall is going ordinary and taking the wrong options....you multiply this with tui

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 7:26 pm

tigerbenji wrote:
Thu 03 May, 2018 7:32 am
Its alright to talk swapping players but if the player doesnt want to go its a no go.
He’ll go get if he wants to play nrl

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:29 pm

Tigertail wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 12:09 am
This is my hope. Tui has been underwhelming but playing injured may have been the reason.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:38 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 7:18 pm
Maybe you missed the post on the previous page saying Cleary confirmed he came back too early from a knee injury.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:49 pm

Fully fit he is a slow version of Marshall at his worst

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 08 May, 2018 8:50 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Tue 08 May, 2018 8:49 pm
Fully fit he is a slow version of Marshall at his worst
😂 Savage description
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

larrycorowa

Post by larrycorowa » Tue 08 May, 2018 9:12 pm

We don’t need any more rocks and diamonds players......they are killing us