Kane Linnett

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: Kane Linnett

Post by yeti » Wed 09 May, 2018 11:37 am

bathursttiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 10:38 am
happy tiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 9:43 am
I would have thought by now many would have worked out that speed on the flanks is important

I'm happy for my centres to be able to do the basics well

Defend , pass well , strong in body , good size , reasonable speed

I look at the centres in the last 20 years , the real standouts biggest strength was defence , speed was a bonus

Give me a Gidley , Mick Devere or a Chris Johns any day of the week , the others may have been better but the price tag was at least realistic
I couldn't go past Paul Whatuira, quick great defender, one of my fav WT players.
I don't think 'Fats' ever passed a ball.


coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Wed 09 May, 2018 11:44 am

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
Harry Wells is still available. Big, strong, hard-running centre who gave (Reg) Gasnier plenty of room to move when they played together for NSW and Australia. Wouldn't cost a lot either.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Wed 09 May, 2018 12:18 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:11 am
king sirro wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:03 am
iofthetigers wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 10:00 am
With discussions happening this week in regards to reducing the interchange to 6 next year (IC is on the panel), I would rather Kev.

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean
Ivan Cleary is on the panel which is discussing whether the interchange will be reduced from 8 interchanges to 6 interchanges from next year and he would prefer Kevvy over Linnett in the centres is they way I read it..
Yes....and what is the correlation between reduced interchange and the comparison of 2 centres?
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 2846
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Wed 09 May, 2018 2:40 pm

king sirro wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 12:18 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:11 am
king sirro wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:03 am
iofthetigers wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 10:00 am
With discussions happening this week in regards to reducing the interchange to 6 next year (IC is on the panel), I would rather Kev.

I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean
Ivan Cleary is on the panel which is discussing whether the interchange will be reduced from 8 interchanges to 6 interchanges from next year and he would prefer Kevvy over Linnett in the centres is they way I read it..
Yes....and what is the correlation between reduced interchange and the comparison of 2 centres?
When the defense gets tired, a fast player would be better than a slow player.

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 16933
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:10 pm

coivtny wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:44 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
Harry Wells is still available. Big, strong, hard-running centre who gave (Reg) Gasnier plenty of room to move when they played together for NSW and Australia. Wouldn't cost a lot either.
Might be an injury risk though.
And the sky is filled with light, can you see it?
And the black is really white, if you believe it.
And the longing that you feel, you know none of this is real;
You will find a better place, in this twilight...

Fuerza en la adversidad.


king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5709
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:20 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 2:40 pm
king sirro wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 12:18 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:11 am
king sirro wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:03 am



I have no idea what this post is supposed to mean
Ivan Cleary is on the panel which is discussing whether the interchange will be reduced from 8 interchanges to 6 interchanges from next year and he would prefer Kevvy over Linnett in the centres is they way I read it..
Yes....and what is the correlation between reduced interchange and the comparison of 2 centres?
When the defense gets tired, a fast player would be better than a slow player.
Lol...kev is fast now. Ok
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Newtown
Member
Member
Posts: 5304
Joined: Fri 28 Sep, 2012 8:40 am

Post by Newtown » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:25 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
I just cannot believe that these type of players would be thrown up as new signings when Wests Tigers still have a small fortune which they can invest on a player or players before June 30 this year.

User avatar
teddy23
Member
Member
Posts: 911
Joined: Tue 03 Feb, 2015 10:46 am

Post by teddy23 » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:30 pm

Personally consider him one of the worst players in the NRL

That’s just me

Big no

hobbo
Member
Member
Posts: 7987
Joined: Mon 10 Mar, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by hobbo » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:32 pm

Did we miss out on Val Holmes :shock:
Vice President of the Michael Chee-Kam Fan Club .

GoldXR50Leroy
Member
Member
Posts: 1826
Joined: Tue 31 May, 2011 3:36 pm

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 09 May, 2018 3:58 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 10:03 am
I'd rather Latrell Mitchell..Rorters can have Linnett..
Pretty sure he was at the Rorters before going to the Cows, originally from the 'Gong and played for the Stains.

supercoach
Member
Member
Posts: 6727
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 2:38 pm

Post by supercoach » Wed 09 May, 2018 4:39 pm

With our two weekly players ending up in disney land we already have a reduced interchange. Next year we will be playing with 11 men most second halves

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4089
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Wed 09 May, 2018 5:51 pm

coivtny wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:44 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
Harry Wells is still available. Big, strong, hard-running centre who gave (Reg) Gasnier plenty of room to move when they played together for NSW and Australia. Wouldn't cost a lot either.
No, don't be silly - I wouldn't take anyone over 85.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Wed 09 May, 2018 6:32 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 5:51 pm
coivtny wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:44 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
Harry Wells is still available. Big, strong, hard-running centre who gave (Reg) Gasnier plenty of room to move when they played together for NSW and Australia. Wouldn't cost a lot either.
No, don't be silly - I wouldn't take anyone over 85.
Fair enough, apparently he turned 86 yesterday. I saw him a few weeks ago at the Wests reunion night. He still looked pretty fit and had a steely glint in his eye. Maybe he could come off the bench.

Fade To Black
Member
Member
Posts: 5132
Joined: Tue 21 Feb, 2012 5:51 pm

Post by Fade To Black » Wed 09 May, 2018 10:14 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 3:10 pm
coivtny wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:44 am
TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 09 May, 2018 11:27 am
Our expectations and standards have dropped to an all-time low.
Let’s contact ‘Meals On Wheels’, they may have some clients that we can transition into our side, no doubt with plenty of life experience.
Harry Wells is still available. Big, strong, hard-running centre who gave (Reg) Gasnier plenty of room to move when they played together for NSW and Australia. Wouldn't cost a lot either.
Might be an injury risk though.
Probably have to stew the half-time oranges..........

In regards to Linnett, 3 or 4 seasons ago he would of been a good pickup, we should be aiming a bit higher with the money we have available these days though.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 285
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 09 May, 2018 10:15 pm

Linnet is terrible. If the Cowboys lost the 2015 GF, i would’ve held him 100% responsible.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Post Reply