Israel Folua Poll

Would Israel Folau Add Value To The Wests Tigers?

Yes
36%
No
64%

Total votes: 98

Geo.

Re: Israel Folua Poll

Post by Geo. » Sun 13 May, 2018 3:51 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 3:46 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 2:06 pm
The irony. The LGBTQ community built their foundations on the basis of free speech and accepting opinions. Now, in no way do I agree with Folau but the fact he is not allowed to voice his opinion after BEING ASKED A QUESTION REGARDING IT (so, no, he's not forcing his opinion down your throats, he was asked) seems very hypocritical and reminiscent of conventional propaganda.
So, if you are a member of the LGBTQ community, and this guy has just said he believes you should go to hell, you don’t have the right to be upset?
Does Heaven and Hell exist..?

Anyhow... No to Folau ..3 years ago yes but now would rather have 3 solid 1st Grade Rugby League players for the price Folau would want to come back...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 13 May, 2018 5:09 pm

He would not be value for money he hasnt played real football in years.

cqtiger

Post by cqtiger » Sun 13 May, 2018 5:21 pm

gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 11:57 am
magpiecol wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 11:54 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 10:49 am
hodgo wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 10:41 am

Thats the problem with this world people are not allowed to have a view thst differs with others
What if he said all Aborigines will go to hell?

All good?

We don't need a bigot in the place.
So no free speech for you either. Anyone can say what they like as long as it's not hate speech.

Don't like it? Tough
I'd classify that as hate speech.
He just believes certain people will go to a mythical place after they die unlike real haters who want to kill you.
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse
– Henry Ford

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 13 May, 2018 6:27 pm

i think he'll be a valuable player on the field but i feel cleary is basing his squad on how they can help off the field. folau to me is a very individualistic player, he isn't there to cover his teammate but relies more on one out running, breaking tackles and high balls.

dont get me wrong, he has more skills than any of our backs combined but unless he buys in to what cleary is doing and expectations of him- i don't feel he'll succeed here as much and we won't get our moneys worth
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

joelw2002

Post by joelw2002 » Sun 13 May, 2018 6:50 pm

No. If there was a chance of us signing him we would probably have to pay $1 mil and I don't think he's worth that. Signing players on that amount of money causes salary cap problems, just take a look at Manly. And he's not getting any younger either.
President of the Mahe Fonua Fan Club

Mahe Fonua Fan Club Members:

upthetigers. happy tiger. NT Tiger. WestsBenTigers. Masterton. westy81. Tiger Steve. Donald Trump. The Patriot. TigerTiger. TopTiger. Earl. JB58. Magpie Magic. Wildcat777. wt01.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:04 am

hodgo wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 10:39 am
I question peoples thoughts here. The guy is tall, fast,freakushly talented still. Would be a top 10 nrl player period. I do go as far and say hes a once in a generation talent if u can get him you do
Obviously!

And we need a quality fullback/winger!
It's the biggest no-brainer ever.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:14 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 2:46 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 12:44 pm
I'm still at a loss as to why his opinions mean anything. Just because he is a top grade footballer, why does anyone think his opinions or tastes on anything actually mean something.

It's no different to parents letting their kids look at these guys like role models. If you do, youre an idiot for allowing it. Role models are parents, uncles, aunties, grand parents, good neighbours. Not dimwitted footballers, half of whom are just dum uneducated housos.

Why oh why does anyone think his beliefs or opinions are of more value than anyone elses?
Swords, his opinions don’t mean more - but his voice is louder because he has celebrity status. You or I say something - not many hear. He says something and it’s instant news. His opinions are not of more value but they carry more weight.

Also - I know many people living in housing commission. Great people - definitely not dumb and uneducated!!
You're looking at a product of Housing commission. Born and Bred Mt Druitt, Tregear actually, so Im happy to put my name to the comment which I stand by. Many have gone on to achieve great things, many haven't. For these footballers, they are classic uneducated kids from Penrith, Mt Druitt, St Marys, Werro, you name it. All they have is football and they have worked damn hard to get there with great support, but if it wasn't for football, they would be on the centrelink scrap heap. ...So Im not sure why, just because they have some status as a footballer, we suddenly believe their opinions are important.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Mon 14 May, 2018 11:38 am

Swordy wrote:
Mon 14 May, 2018 11:14 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 2:46 pm
Swordy wrote:
Sun 13 May, 2018 12:44 pm
I'm still at a loss as to why his opinions mean anything. Just because he is a top grade footballer, why does anyone think his opinions or tastes on anything actually mean something.

It's no different to parents letting their kids look at these guys like role models. If you do, youre an idiot for allowing it. Role models are parents, uncles, aunties, grand parents, good neighbours. Not dimwitted footballers, half of whom are just dum uneducated housos.

Why oh why does anyone think his beliefs or opinions are of more value than anyone elses?
Swords, his opinions don’t mean more - but his voice is louder because he has celebrity status. You or I say something - not many hear. He says something and it’s instant news. His opinions are not of more value but they carry more weight.

Also - I know many people living in housing commission. Great people - definitely not dumb and uneducated!!
You're looking at a product of Housing commission. Born and Bred Mt Druitt, Tregear actually, so Im happy to put my name to the comment which I stand by. Many have gone on to achieve great things, many haven't. For these footballers, they are classic uneducated kids from Penrith, Mt Druitt, St Marys, Werro, you name it. All they have is football and they have worked damn hard to get there with great support, but if it wasn't for football, they would be on the centrelink scrap heap. ...So Im not sure why, just because they have some status as a footballer, we suddenly believe their opinions are important.
I agree - opinions are not more important but they get heard due to massive media exposure. It’s not right but it real. Same way journalists can influence the game because of their exposure. Phil Rothfield talks the refs and things change. You or I write an email to NRL and it’s not even read! Not right but real
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.