Naiqama > St Helens Confirmed.2019

Cultured Bogan

Re: Naiqama > St Helens Rumour

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 22 May, 2018 4:33 pm

You'd have the think that one more slip up and Barba is gone from the NRL for good, might be a good time for Wests to have a crack. If he stuffs up and gets de-registered by the NRL, well nothing ventured, nothing gained. Money goes back into the kitty to have another lash.

I'll note that I in the past have been well against signing him.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Glennb

Post by Glennb » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:30 pm

That St Helens press release tells us a few things.

1. Obviously its genuinely pursuing him
2. The fact that Tigers are holding Kev back implies something is happening i.e. they are considering it and if "something" is happening but its not happening yet, there MUST be more to the deal ie a player to the Tigers.

promising IMO. Good for Kev if he can get a big payday and secondly if we do end up with a quality back out of it,

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 5:54 pm

They are welcome to him.Over there his defence will not be exposed too much and his attack will be fine.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:01 pm

Watched a few St Helens games and they have a young winger named Regan Grace who has some serious pace that stuck out.

Played for wales in the world cup quals last year and scored a few tries.

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/teams/first- ... gan-grace/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regan_Grace

Would get to keep Kevs haircut.

I think he is signed until the end of next year.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:02 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:54 pm
They are welcome to him.Over there his defence will not be exposed too much and his attack will be fine.
X2

Much prefer Marsters and Fonua as our centres
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:05 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 6:02 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:54 pm
X2

Much prefer Marsters and Fonua as our centres
It appears it would be a signing to play fullback which he killed it at during the world cup and his defence has not been an issue this year.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:52 pm

Ivan Cleary wont release Kev until the Wests Tigers get theirs.

I like this kind of coaching, much better than just giving players away like previous years.

Something is definitely happening, negotiations are on going. Cant wait to see what the end result is.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 6:53 pm

Glennb wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 5:30 pm

2. The fact that Tigers are holding Kev back implies something is happening i.e. they are considering it and if "something" is happening but its not happening yet, there MUST be more to the deal ie a player to the Tigers.
Exactly.
Its an opinion!

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:03 pm

Kevin Naiqama to depart Wests Tigers at season’s end

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Kevin Naiqama will depart the club at the end of the season.

Naiqama, who was off-contract at the end of 2018, will depart Wests Tigers to take up a multi-year deal in the English Super League.

The Fijian international joined Wests Tigers for the 2015 NRL season and has taken to the field for the club 79 times since then, scoring 31 tries.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe thanked Naiqama for his ongoing commitment to the club.

“Kevin has been a key part of our team since the day he joined Wests Tigers and I thank him for everything he has done both on and off the field,” said Pascoe. “This new multi-year deal is a great opportunity for Kevin to extend his playing career, and we wish him the best of luck in the English Super League.”

Wests Tigers General Manager Football Kelly Egan echoed Pascoe’s comments.

“Kevin has been an important member of the playing group and a great role model while at the club,” said Egan. “We look forward to having Kevin continue those contributions both on and off the field for the remainder of 2018. He has worked hard and deserves this Super League opportunity to continue his career beyond 2018.”

Tarl

Post by Tarl » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:05 pm

Whatever this deal is, looks like it's not happening until the end of the year.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:06 pm

So it’s all for next year with no new player coming on board for 2018. Things can change but I can’t see a big name signing coming on board this year.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:07 pm

The fact that they make a point of stating here that it wont happen until the end of the season means there is another club involved in this deal.

Kevs release is dependent on this other club(Sharks id say) coming to the party.

We are playing the game, read between the lines. . .
Its an opinion!

Leichhardt Logger

Post by Leichhardt Logger » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:14 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:07 pm
The fact that they make a point of stating here that it wont happen until the end of the season means there is another club involved in this deal.

Kevs release is dependent on this other club(Sharks id say) coming to the party.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:17 pm

The Patriot wrote:

Maybe it just a case of Kevin is under contract till the end of 2018..

Anyhow Kevvy has always put in for us Club and team 1st with some great highlights along the way...Good Luck to him he should do well over there...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..
happy tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Sorry FT , you know I'm not the brightest match in the pile

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:21 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:17 pm
The Patriot wrote:

Anyhow Kevvy has always put in for us Club and team 1st with some great highlights along the way...Good Luck to him he should do well over there...
Seems a lost concept at times. Every player we get linked to, someone will always ask ''is it for this year?''. Patience is a lost art.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:23 pm

Good for Kev. Has shut up the majority of the forum over the last 12 months having become a solid hand. Great clubman.

marzie

Post by marzie » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:24 pm

Saints have swooped to sign Fijian flyer Kevin Naiqama from Wests Tigers for the next three years.

The experienced 29-year-old centre has scored 47 tries in 102 NRL appearances and is currently Captain of Fiji.

He will link up with his new club for the 2019 season.

Saints Head Coach Justin Holbrook said: “Kevin is a great coup for the club and we’re really looking forward to having him on board next season.

“He has a wealth of experience in the NRL and, as current captain of Fiji, will bring leadership to our side.

“He’s lightning quick too, with great hands, and can finish from all over the park.”

Naiqama played his junior rugby for Arncliffe Scots before being signed by the St. George Illawarra Dragons.

He then moved to Newcastle Knights, and played alongside his brother Wes, until he signed for Penrith Panthers in 2014.

In-between, he starred for Fiji in the 2013 Rugby League World Cup – a feat he repeated in 2017 as Captain when he took his international tally to 14 caps.

Naiqama joined Wests Tigers in 2015 and has posted an impressive try scoring record of 31 tries in 79 matches for the club to date.

Kevin stated: “I am really looking forward to getting over to St Helens for the next three years. I love the fact the club is family orientated and the fact they are successful. They are one of the top teams who are always competing and that is appealing to me.

“The thought of winning a Super League Grand Final or Challenge Cup would be unreal and I feel I can do that with the Saints and the squad they have.

“I have a lot to offer; I am a versatile player who can play on the left or right and I still feel I am learning too. I don’t feel I have reached the pinnacle of my football yet and St Helens can help me do that. I feel they can bring more football out of me defensively and with the ball in hand.

“I feel I have made a great choice to join the club – now my focus is on this season with the Tigers. They have been a massive contributor to how I am as a player and I will be giving them my best as we look to reach the semis and beyond.

“I want to leave here on a good note but I am also looking forward to getting over to St Helens for the next three years and hopefully helping them achieve further success.”

Saints Chairman Eamonn McManus added: “Kevin represents another top class addition to an already quick, skilful and exciting Saints’ backline. Super League will also benefit greatly from his signing.

“He also adds leadership and experience at the highest of levels as we look further to improve our already very strong squad for 2019.

“This is a good time to be a Saints player and a Saints fan.”

https://www.saintsrlfc.com/2018/05/22/s ... e-naiqama/

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 22 May, 2018 7:29 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:21 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 22 May, 2018 7:17 pm
The Patriot wrote:

Seems a lost concept at times. Every player we get linked to, someone will always ask ''is it for this year?''. Patience is a lost art.
I think youll find that pretty much every Wests Tigers supporter has patience. Its been bred into us.
Its an opinion!