Official Moses Mbye signs till 2022..

GNR4LIFE

Re: Report: Wests Tigers sign Moses Mbye from Bulldogs, announcement imminent

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 May, 2018 8:56 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:52 pm
It’s a matter of when not if now. Cleary has mentioned we have room for this year so it may be here soon. Probably hear something on Monday or Tuesday
Safe assumption.

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:00 pm

LARDS wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:54 pm
vlad wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 8:47 pm

—-

Pretty much confirms it
Looks like it.
One things for certain, he won't make a good politician
Honesty is a good trait to have.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:06 pm

Every day that he remains at the dogs, their cap situation is a couple of grand or so worse off. Same with any of the other highly paid players that are blocking recruitment of a better balanced roster.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:10 pm

It’s been obvious for 3 or 4 days. No subtle grins from Ivan or thumbs up from Mbye to the Tigers members need to confirm that.

I’m already looking past him and waiting to see who else we pick up. Granville and Kelly hopefully.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:56 pm

Wests Tigers have cap space to lure Mbye now: Cleary
Dan Walsh Timestamp Sun 27 May 2018, 08:17 PM

Ivan Cleary has confirmed the Wests Tigers have the salary cap space to accommodate a mid-season signing such as Moses Mbye while refusing to close the door on Aaron Woods returning to his junior club.

Cleary remained coy on reports linking the big-name Bulldogs pair to Concord, but he didn't exactly pour cold water on the suggestions after a gritty 14-10 defeat of Canterbury on Sunday.

Mbye and Woods are the two latest blue and white stars linked to an exit from Belmore due to the club's salary cap woes.

Despite being contracted until the end of 2020, Mbye is expected to link with the Tigers on a three-year deal from next year within the next fortnight, as revealed by NRL.com over the weekend.

Asked whether Cleary could add Mbye his current roster before the June 30 cut-off, the Tigers coach said: "We're always looking for good players, we're always looking.

"Anyone involved in an NRL club will tell you, it's the way our competition works and with the transfer set-up, it's on all the time.

"You're always looking at players - whether you're going to keep them, whether you're going to look at someone else. This week will be no different to any other week."

He also declared the Tigers had a reasonable amount of cap space free in 2018 given the massive player turnover since Cleary arrived a little over 12 months ago.

Whether the Bulldogs would be willing to release Mbye could hinge on any freight needing to be paid on his heavily back-ended deal.

Questions around Woods' future have surfaced once more, just six months into four-year Bulldogs deal understood to be worth over $3 million.

While a Tigers return would seem unlikely given the club recruited Russell Packer and Ben Matulino following Woods' exit, Cleary couldn't have been more impressed with the big man's conduct as he left the joint-venture.

"We're pretty OK in that position. But as a person and a player, of course," Cleary said of Woods.

"When I got here there was lots of things going on players possibly leaving and Woodsy was one of those ... from the time that he made a decision to go to the Bulldogs, the rest of the year I thought he played really well and I really enjoyed his company and enjoyed what he added to the team."

Woods rejected media requests after the four-point loss, compounding a rough week for the 27-year-old in which he lost his NSW Blues spot after a five-year tenure.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sun 27 May, 2018 9:59 pm

Is anyone a little nervous about this signing?

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s got a lot of potential and talent. He’s got plenty of speed, footwork and his time in the halves has benefited his passing and kicking game. He also seems to have a good attitude and head on his shoulders.

I just can’t get my around is he better then Tui or Thompson? All have similar traits to their game and are fairly similar players. All are also pretty untested at fullback.

Tui probably has a bit more x-factor than Thompson, but Thompson is ever improving and has been safe as a bank at fullback. Thompson just lacks that passing game in the backline that modern day fullbacks need.

Unless Tigers have picked Mbye up for about $500k per year then I really can’t really see the value or think he will make much difference then our current options. He might be a slightly better player than Tui and Thompson, but is Mbye going to be a real game breaker for us in comparison?

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:10 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:10 pm
It’s been obvious for 3 or 4 days. No subtle grins from Ivan or thumbs up from Mbye to the Tigers members need to confirm that.

I’m already looking past him and waiting to see who else we pick up. Granville and Kelly hopefully.
I know of the Kelly news but where has the Granville stuff come from?
No more plodders!
:sign:

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:27 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:10 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:

Kelly is pretty much a done deal. Buggered if Granville is coming.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:29 pm

tigertye wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 9:59 pm

Don’t get me wrong I think he’s got a lot of potential and talent. He’s got plenty of speed, footwork and his time in the halves has benefited his passing and kicking game. He also seems to have a good attitude and head on his shoulders.

I just can’t get my around is he better then Tui or Thompson? All have similar traits to their game and are fairly similar players. All are also pretty untested at fullback.

Tui probably has a bit more x-factor than Thompson, but Thompson is ever improving and has been safe as a bank at fullback. Thompson just lacks that passing game in the backline that modern day fullbacks need.

Unless Tigers have picked Mbye up for about $500k per year then I really can’t really see the value or think he will make much difference then our current options. He might be a slightly better player than Tui and Thompson, but is Mbye going to be a real game breaker for us in comparison?
Not worried in the slightest. For all of Tui's upside, I don't think he's a genuine fullback. I reckon Mbye will complement our style of play moreseo than Tui.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:39 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:29 pm
tigertye wrote:

Not worried in the slightest. For all of Tui's upside, I don't think he's a genuine fullback. I reckon Mbye will complement our style of play moreseo than Tui.
I'm surprised by this Willow. I thought you would be the kind of person critical of this signing.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:46 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:39 pm
willow wrote:
tigertye wrote:

I'm surprised by this Willow. I thought you would be the kind of person critical of this signing.
No idea why you would think that.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:51 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:27 pm
WT2K wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I thought I heard somewhere a couple of days ago that Granville resigned with the Cowboys for 3 years, I could be wrong though.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:55 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:46 pm
swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
tigertye wrote:

You have very specific types of players you want the Tigers to target.
Last edited by swag tiger on Sun 27 May, 2018 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:55 pm

tigermac88 wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:51 pm
willow wrote:
WT2K wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

I thought I heard somewhere a couple of days ago that Granville resigned with the Cowboys for 3 years, I could be wrong though.
I think what you're referring to are articles saying he is "close" to re-signing with the Cowboys. I haven't seen anything saying he has actually re-signed yet.

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:57 pm

Nelson wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:55 pm
tigermac88 wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:51 pm
willow wrote:
WT2K wrote:

I think what you're referring to are articles saying he is "close" to re-signing with the Cowboys. I haven't seen anything saying he has actually re-signed yet.
Yeh I think you’re right, I just had a look and couldn’t find anything :lol:

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:57 pm

Would love to get him this year, would really boost our chances to finish in the 8..

He isn't the best fullback in the comp at the moment but with Cleary and Hodgo coaching him he could become one of the best.

Plus he is versatile and is a better kicker than what we have at the moment and I would hate to think how many games we have dropped over the years because of goal kicking.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2018 10:58 pm

swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:

Mbye fits the bill quite nicely. Not a superstar, but he is improving at fullback and he has a decent football brain, not to mention commonsense. The next step up from Mbye for me was RTS. Different player, but he is respected by his peers despite his young age.

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Sun 27 May, 2018 11:04 pm

willow wrote:
Sun 27 May, 2018 10:58 pm
swag tiger wrote:
willow wrote:
swag tiger wrote:

Mbye fits the bill quite nicely. Not a superstar, but he is improving at fullback and he has a decent football brain, not to mention commonsense. The next step up from Mbye for me was RTS. Different player, but he is respected by his peers despite his young age.
Seens like you have been doing some research.