No, persist with what we have
39%

Total votes: 51

Moh

Re: EOI : MATT PARCELL

Post by Moh » Wed 30 May, 2018 8:43 pm

tonza wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 11:25 am
Negotiate to get Mbye asap and use him at hooker until Liddle is ready. Liddle will be No1 hooker at this club in the coming years, without doubt, baring further drastic injury. We are going to pay big bucks for this bloke because of his utility value, not because he is a star fullback.
Yup, my thoughts exactly.

Its why I'm hoping we get him before the June deadline. Thompson was doing fine at fullback, Tui can do a job there and might get better with more games. Happy to have Mbye at fullback for next season, but for now we need him at hooker while we ease Liddle in and get him ready for 80 mins by next season.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 8:51 pm

Dumb move using Mbye at hooker, the guy is a speedster and will be busted in no time if used as the Great Wall of China
I’m glad he’s not coming before a June, we need time over the offseason to formulate this guy into a weapon to ignite our backline in a rear guard offence.
This year I would work on Tui at fullback (especially positioning) then he can be used in several backline options next year with Mbye at fullback.
The wheels have fallen off Benji lately, reverting back to running in circles, offloading hospital passes and the old heave ho on the last tackle.
We are also killing Reynolds at hooker, I would have Benji 5/8 for 1st half then bench him and bring Reynolds off the bench at 5/8 for the 2nd half - this would add so much variety to our attack over the 80 minutes - Reynolds needs to be 2nd half as he has the drive, energy, kicking game and teamwork to bring us home with a wet sail.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 30 May, 2018 9:13 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Wed 30 May, 2018 8:51 pm
Dumb move using Mbye at hooker, the guy is a speedster and will be busted in no time if used as the Great Wall of China
I’m glad he’s not coming before a June, we need time over the offseason to formulate this guy into a weapon to ignite our backline in a rear guard offence.
This year I would work on Tui at fullback (especially positioning) then he can be used in several backline options next year with Mbye at fullback.
The wheels have fallen off Benji lately, reverting back to running in circles, offloading hospital passes and the old heave ho on the last tackle.
We are also killing Reynolds at hooker, I would have Benji 5/8 for 1st half then bench him and bring Reynolds off the bench at 5/8 for the 2nd half - this would add so much variety to our attack over the 80 minutes - Reynolds needs to be 2nd half as he has the drive, energy, kicking game and teamwork to bring us home with a wet sail.
Where in all that is that is our hooker?

Liddle needs time, Taylor is useless and the other two are reserve graders!
Its an opinion!

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Wed 30 May, 2018 9:22 pm

I agree Liddle is our future but I’ve stated previously that McIlrick should be brought back into the fray, he was going great guns before Godinet spoilt the party. We don’t need to keep recruiting hookers. In case you haven’t noticed the ball goes in the 2nd row these days so I believe we have capable rocket scientists already in our fold.

Moh

Post by Moh » Thu 31 May, 2018 4:39 am

Do you honestly believe you are a better judge than Ivan in RE to MM getting a call up?

I don't get a lot of chances to watch the ressies so I can't comment about how hes going. I too really liked what he did last season, but Ivan knows best as to why he's not even in the picture.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 31 May, 2018 1:50 pm

I assume that something has transpired behind the scenes for MM to be ostracised in such a fashion. Iif so it will come out one day.
The only issue I noticed on the field was a number of times he through forward passes from dummy half which killed our momentum - maybe that was enough for Cleary or ?

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 31 May, 2018 1:50 pm

Threw

colmcd

Post by colmcd » Thu 31 May, 2018 3:21 pm

Mbye is not a hooker.
Reynolds has tried it, and it dosen't seem to suit him. If he was in Reserve grade we could try him there, get him used to hooker and move him there permanently. To me it should be a position that suits him.
Benji has played hooker for Brisbane.
Mcillwrick is really a first grade running hooker, Taylor at hooker DOES NOT WORK.
Godinet, Liddle and Benji are our passing hooker options.

Moh

Post by Moh » Thu 31 May, 2018 4:07 pm

colmcd wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 3:21 pm
Mbye is not a hooker.
Reynolds has tried it, and it dosen't seem to suit him. If he was in Reserve grade we could try him there, get him used to hooker and move him there permanently. To me it should be a position that suits him.
Benji has played hooker for Brisbane.
Mcillwrick is really a first grade running hooker, Taylor at hooker DOES NOT WORK.
Godinet, Liddle and Benji are our passing hooker options.
No, Mbye is not a hooker. But as far as stop-gaps go, if we get him before June - he's our best, considering we have a couple of decent fullbacks. Definitely not keen on Mbye there for the long-term, simply as a mr fix-it for this season only if he does come now. Looked a lot more comfortable playing there for the Dogs than any one of our options.

Liddle is a very good runner from hooker - wouldn't call him a passing hooker. Has a decent pass on him too though.

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 31 May, 2018 5:33 pm

I can't see us going in to the market this year for a 9,
Liddle and Reynolds/ET will be filling the role.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 31 May, 2018 6:07 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 1:50 pm
Threw
Yep - frustrates me too!

Also: their, there and they’re
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 8:28 am

Play Corey Thompson at hooker. Willing to do any job for the team, is very quick off the mark, and passing could not possibly be worse than ET and Godinet.
He could be the next Damien Cook or Daniel Fitzhenry.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 8:47 am

colmcd wrote:
Thu 31 May, 2018 3:21 pm
Mcillwrick is really a first grade running hooker
If he was a first grade hooker he would offer more than a running game. He may be better option than Taylor but neither are first grade hookers
Its an opinion!

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Fri 01 Jun, 2018 9:35 am

McIllwrick for me, Has very good D, so . At least try him.gets the gig