Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

gallagher

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by gallagher » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:26 pm

hammertime wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:12 pm
Those kind of interviews above make me think twice. He says he's over it, but it's obvious he isn't. He can't take responsibility for his own actions yet. Nothing seems to be his fault.

He isn't a changed man where he needs to be.
That's what worries me. Its not worth the risk.

Ken Y

Post by Ken Y » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:34 pm

Looking at it from a different perspective, how good is it that as a club we are able to identify a gap and potentially recruit for it pre- june 30 (E.g. Mybe for fullback).

With this in mind, we need an experienced 9 ATM and RF is allegedly available. If the coach thinks he'll improve our chances for 2018 then I'd gladly welcome him back.

For too long we've been guilty of planning for 'next' year. Seeing we're in with a shot for this year, why wouldn't we consider him.

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:38 pm

Realist wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:17 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:56 pm
Realist wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:03 pm
Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 12:54 pm

What...we'll win due to Farah? We couldn't do that for a decade with him at his peak.
This is where you anti Farah people lose it. We ever won games with Farah at his peak?
Never said that. We were a miserable failure most years though
Miserable failure? Seriously? Didn’t meet some expectations sure but miserable failure is a stretch.
no...its a pretty accurate assessment imo. He's a real piece of work that one. I'll never forget the way our 'legend" treated our club.
Poor Robbie. It's all about poor Robbie. Screw him. I'd rather lose all hope of playing finals without him than otherwise. Our team can do it. We've been so close to winning so many games this year. We actually have credibility. He doesn't deserve to reap any rewards that our current group of battlers have instigated. Hoping the board decide it's not in our best interests to bring him back.

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm

I think Robbie has around 50 aliases on this forum
It's funny how all of a sudden it's a split decision on his comeback
For the record I said NO
But if Ivan gets him back then he has his reasons
Let's hope it pays off for all involved

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:41 pm

He stated the conflict was with Taylor and not the Club. When Taylor first came to tigers my Parra mate predicted him and Farah would clash due to their dogged personalities. It is this same doggedness in Farah that keeps him a professional player and competitor in his "old" age and why he must be respected. Every person who is a hard worker themselves respect Farah.

I don't think it would ever cross Farah 's mind to sabotage the Club or bring them any more controversy. As well he could not do that to Benji when it was Benji who started the push for his return. Give him his 250 games that of course he will fill with dignity and pride, then his 12 guest appearances and everyone can be friends again.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm

wow this thread almost doubled in size in 8 hours

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:44 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:42 pm
wow this thread almost doubled in size in 8 hours
So will Robbies head if he comes back

Doc Tiger

Post by Doc Tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:49 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:41 pm
He stated the conflict was with Taylor and not the Club. When Taylor first came to tigers my Parra mate predicted him and Farah would clash due to their dogged personalities. It is this same doggedness in Farah that keeps him a professional player and competitor in his "old" age and why he must be respected. Every person who is a hard worker themselves respect Farah.

I don't think it would ever cross Farah 's mind to sabotage the Club or bring them any more controversy. As well he could not do that to Benji when it was Benji who started the push for his return. Give him his 250 games that of course he will fill with dignity and pride, then his 12 guest appearances and everyone can be friends again.

Ridiculous statement. One of your best.

prattenparkchild

Post by prattenparkchild » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:53 pm

I have said no, but if Cleary wants him, that's fine by me. Same scenario with Lichaa. As long as a hooker that Cleary can work with is on board by 30 June to cover for Liddle I don't care who. I still think it funny McIlwrick is out of favour,but I hope he does well this weekend.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:56 pm

I couldn't wait for him to leave due to his performances on 900k/year contract.

But that aside now, its a no brainer to have him fill a problematic situation the team faces this year on a minimal contract. He will improve our chances of making the 8.

We would have a great looking spine adding both Mbye & Farah. Fans need to stop being stubborn and bias against Farah.

900k vs 100k contract, the club would have to be mad not to take advantage of that.

BodhiTiger

Post by BodhiTiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:01 pm

WTF!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! :brick:
To be fair, I thought the same about Marshall and that hasn't turned out half bad, although I think it has ran it's course.
Soo, with great trepidation; In Ivan I trust! :?
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:05 pm

Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 3:58 pm
Clifferd wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:11 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 1:00 pm

Exactly right , people quote we only made the semis 3 times in 10 under Sheens , well we only made the semis 3/13 with Robbie

Certainly no Messiah that's for sure

Plus you bring both Marshall and Farah back together at your own risk , they still wield a lot of power
Rabbitohs fans on LU want to keep Farah. They praise his influence on Cook as the reason Cookie is the player he is now.

Would you rather have...Taylor/Godinet as our hooker rotation for the rest of the year or play Farah 80 mins week in week out with 4 forwards on the bench.

Don’t kid yourself, Farah would solve all of our problems barring he doesn’t bring the club down which I’m confident he won’t with IC steering the ship
I'd prefer to go with Killa short term and fail than bring back Farah , CULTURE isn't something you use when it suits , much like the decision to stand down Fonua

Just my opinion
Everyone said the same about Marshall but he’s been great for us. I feel the same sort of redemption story for Farah tbh.
Been away for a while ,Marshall has been garbage since Round 4

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:07 pm

With the Farah rumour heating up Prince has put his hand up

We just need to get Hodgo back on the field and can have the 05 band back together.

:lol:

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:09 pm

Doc Tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:49 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:41 pm

Ridiculous statement. One of your best.
Yeah I don't know the bloke but judging from his deranged ramblings he's the least authority on what a "hard worker" would think about anything.

Fibros

Post by Fibros » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:11 pm

I was 223 vote and broke the deadlock.
We will smash em 50+ get on.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm

Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm
For the record I said NO
They'll get my out of towners membership back if they sign Farah

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:18 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:15 pm
Cairnstigers wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:39 pm
For the record I said NO
They'll get my out of towners membership back if they sign Farah
And if i hear you doing that ill buy one to counter it.

Enough with the sooking.
Its an opinion!

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 15 Jun, 2018 7:22 pm

CocaCola wrote:
Fri 15 Jun, 2018 6:56 pm
I couldn't wait for him to leave due to his performances on 900k/year contract.

But that aside now, its a no brainer to have him fill a problematic situation the team faces this year on a minimal contract. He will improve our chances of making the 8.

We would have a great looking spine adding both Mbye & Farah. Fans need to stop being stubborn and bias against Farah.

900k vs 100k contract, the club would have to be mad not to take advantage of that.
Who said anything about 100k except you.

Did you just do it like a sweep and pull a number out of a hat or what?

By the way fans arn't stubborn and biased - it is the non fans.