Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
171
59%
Hell no.
121
41%
 
Total votes: 292

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:13 am

Next Farah will be blamed for not enough decimated coconut on the lamingtons.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)


User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5547
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:20 am

gallagher wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:41 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:26 pm
Now that theres no chance of making the 8 I cant see any reason to sign him. No logical reason anyway.
You just don't hand out contracts for the feel good factor.
I was keen however before this weekend I believed we were still a chance of sneaking 8th.

Now the Broncos have won and we were horrible today. 4 Point gap likely to get bigger. We play Souths and Dragons twice.

Im starting to wonder if its really worth it.

Personally l I would just like to see him play for the Tigers again from a biased perspective. As I thought he was unfairly scapegoated (however se things differently and i respect that)

However from a clubs perspective I think its almost hardly worth it given were so far off the pace.
A 9 week contract for any player would be waste now. Unless they are looking at him for next year aswell.
Though I agree Top 8 is challenging from here, there is absolutely plenty of chance of still making the finals this year.

The mentality that we can't turn it around in 9 weeks and win more than half those games is the same mentality that lets Canberra score 32 points in 25 mins. You just can't give up like that on a season, otherwise you can't be complaining if the team puts in rubbish performances for the last 2.5 months.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4901
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:35 am

jirskyr wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
gallagher wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm
Eddie wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:41 pm
gallagher wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 8:26 pm
Now that theres no chance of making the 8 I cant see any reason to sign him. No logical reason anyway.
You just don't hand out contracts for the feel good factor.
I was keen however before this weekend I believed we were still a chance of sneaking 8th.

Now the Broncos have won and we were horrible today. 4 Point gap likely to get bigger. We play Souths and Dragons twice.

Im starting to wonder if its really worth it.

Personally l I would just like to see him play for the Tigers again from a biased perspective. As I thought he was unfairly scapegoated (however se things differently and i respect that)

However from a clubs perspective I think its almost hardly worth it given were so far off the pace.
A 9 week contract for any player would be waste now. Unless they are looking at him for next year aswell.
Though I agree Top 8 is challenging from here, there is absolutely plenty of chance of still making the finals this year.

The mentality that we can't turn it around in 9 weeks and win more than half those games is the same mentality that lets Canberra score 32 points in 25 mins. You just can't give up like that on a season, otherwise you can't be complaining if the team puts in rubbish performances for the last 2.5 months.
It's the teams mentality that let in 32 points ib 25 minutes. They cant turn it around.

How about we get Heigno back too? The feel good story of the year.

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4475
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:14 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 7:26 pm
Gus was saying today that Souths should not let him go due to his good play and possible needs of Souths.
Hope they heed his advice.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5547
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:14 pm

cktiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 10:21 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:29 pm
cktiger wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:14 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Sun 17 Jun, 2018 2:03 pm

Congratulations for the most ironic post of the year.

"Forget hearsay, here are some FACTS:
1. Opinion
2. Opinion
3. Opinion
4. Prediction"

Or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning?
Your sarcasm detector isn't malfunctioning but your sense of reason is.
You don't think he is the most passionate player we've fielded, is one our best ever players and is a better hooker than anyone we've currently got?
Pretty sure the 'prediction' of having a better chance of winning will prove true also ...if he signs.
I didn't say I disagreed with you, I just found it funny that you criticised people for repeating things they've heard, then proposed to talk facts, before running out a list of opinions.

It's all the same - opinions, hearsay, guesses, assumptions, ideas, feelings.
Your opinion they’re not facts?
My opinion is they are - and seeing you say you don’t disagree with them you haven’t put up much of a case that they aren’t .
Feel free to disagree all you like... it is a forum after all.
I think you need to check the definition of the word "fact".

A fact is something that is known true or supported by evidence to be true. E.g. "the Moon rotates around the Earth" or "Robbie Farah is of Lebanese descent".

Everything else you've said is an opinion, not a fact. Not consistently known to be true, not supported by any evidence whatsoever.

So my opinions specifically wrt your comments.

1. Is Farah the most passionate player we've ever had? Well how do you define "passionate"? Does that mean intensity on and off-field, does that mean professionalism and dedication to the club? Does that mean self-passion?

If you mean is Farah the most aggressively self-interested player we've ever had, then yeah, he's up there. He's also been a great club man but my personal opinion is the clubman's-ship is related to his own personal goals, not the glory of the club. So Chris Lawrence is for me one of the most passionate Wests Tigers ever, because he not only plays hard and to his best every week, but he puts the club first all the time, he speaks about the club's goals and club's opportunities, and goes about his own personal business on the quiet.

2. Is Farah one of the best ever to play for us? My opinion yes. But not a fact, because "best players" are subjective. If you did a poll and 95% of people said Farah was one of our best ever, still not a fact, but an argument well supported by evidence of a general opinion.

3. Is he better now than anyone we have? No. Liddle is currently a better footballer, if he can stay on the field. Farah has played bugger-all football this year and has years of physical experience over Liddle, but that doesn't make him better.

4. Are we a better chance of winning games with him in the team? No opinion, that's just a guess at best. He might play and we might lose all remaining games, or he might be part of a revamp, including Mbye, that rescues our season. But no facts to be found here.


Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3094
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:22 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
Next Farah will be blamed for not enough decimated coconut on the lamingtons.
It's desiccated coconut, not decimated. Your brain cells are what has been decimated.

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1275
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:28 pm

Well, after that performance from the team, I'm not sure why Farah would want to come over, regardless of whether Souths were prepared to release him or not.

TigerSJ
Member
Member
Posts: 377
Joined: Tue 22 Apr, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by TigerSJ » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:49 pm

Last week I posted that I thought he was playing well enough - especially in his recent NRL games for Souths - but as much as he could probably improve us, I didn't think he was the right fit for "Ivan's WTs 2018," nor for the fans of the club (just too divisive a character).
However, after this weekends game against the Raiders, I am having second thoughts. We are struggling terribly at D/H and our lack of any punch or skills at all there is putting a lot of pressure on our halves. Farah definitely could steer our forwards around and bring them onto the ball. He also has a kicking game and is fit for 80 mins. If Souths agreed he might even come for this season only and finish his career.
The obvious negative is that he can't make much difference on a week in week out basis with a pack that certainly isn't as dominant as Souths - it might be too much to expect.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 5792
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:57 pm

One thing is for sure If Farah does come, he can't stifle our attack as he was supposedly doing before, because we don't have any attack at present.
And the bloke Farah was supposedly stifling is Brooks, and he has not ignited any attack, so maybe it wasn't Farah's fault we couldn't score tries.
Go hard or go home

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm

Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2664
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm
Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Isn't there a board meeting today?

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4397
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:23 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm
Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Isn't there a board meeting today?
I thought I read here that a stretch limo was picking Farah up at 9.30am to carry him to Tigers boardroom
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Cairnstigers
Member
Member
Posts: 698
Joined: Wed 07 Feb, 2018 10:00 pm

Post by Cairnstigers » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:24 pm

Put your hands up if you voted to get Farah back

Now if Farah comes back and he fails which of you will still stab Cleary in the back for making the signing
It doesn't seem like Ivan can win this one
He is Damed of he does
He is famed if he doesn't

It's easy to make hypothetical signings on this forum and we all do it
Put youself in Ivan's shoes

Ivan cleary
Member
Member
Posts: 178
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Ivan cleary » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:26 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm
Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Isn't there a board meeting today?
Yes and Farah is all but On the bus

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 7500
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:26 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm
Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Isn't there a board meeting today?
Yes and Farah is all but On the bus
Good.
Make him captain.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tonza
Member
Member
Posts: 119
Joined: Sun 04 Mar, 2018 10:50 am

Post by tonza » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:39 pm

851 wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 12:57 pm
One thing is for sure If Farah does come, he can't stifle our attack as he was supposedly doing before, because we don't have any attack at present.
And the bloke Farah was supposedly stifling is Brooks, and he has not ignited any attack, so maybe it wasn't Farah's fault we couldn't score tries.
The second half was terrible yesterday, however we were a leaderless rabble in the first half and should have been up by 20+ points with that wind. Stupid errors and lack of direction. Farah would have helped in that area.
Last edited by tonza on Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 944
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 3:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
Next Farah will be blamed for not enough decimated coconut on the lamingtons.
Yes, well, I suppose dessicated coconut is also decimated.

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 4901
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Mon 18 Jun, 2018 3:20 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm
Ivan cleary wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:26 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:12 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Mon 18 Jun, 2018 1:09 pm
Why the delay in announcing that Farah is returning? Are their punch-ups in the board room?
Isn't there a board meeting today?
Yes and Farah is all but On the bus
Good.
Make him captain.
As much as I don't want him back, I could actually see the benefit in making him captain. Cleary is unwilling to name a captain, so he's gonna need to take control of things anyway.

Post Reply