Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
171
59%
Hell no.
121
41%
 
Total votes: 292

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28921
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by innsaneink » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm

Im sure his Norths team mates will be glad to be rid of him...couldve played on Sunday but chose not to (officially he was ''rested'')....they probably, more than likely win if he does play


Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:43 pm

So if Farahs deal comes off that means we have 1 spot to fill is that correct.

Seantice
Member
Member
Posts: 1499
Joined: Mon 13 Mar, 2017 9:00 pm

Post by Seantice » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:44 pm

Newtown wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:36 pm
Seantice wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:25 pm
supercoach wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:20 pm
One things for certain is he is a lot better than a few players we have on our books for another three years. Although if we are going to beat enough teams to make the 8 this year we need a lot more than Farah
Agreed.

1. Mbye
6.Reynolds
7. Brooks
9. Farah.

From an attacking point of view that looks way more dangerous then what we have been dishing up.
True enough but what about our shortage of centres and strike forwards?
Yeah i know. We still have issues. Honestly if we can get our ruck area right in attack and defence we work from there. Our ruck on the weekend was non-existent. Our forwards were lazy and tackled about as hard as a junior player. Get the forwards sorted with Robbie and we might start seeing some improvement.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4833
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm

Robbie had his detractors at Souths but many there are very upset with his departure - they wanted another Grand Final and he was their back up.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2247
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:56 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:43 pm
So if Farahs deal comes off that means we have 1 spot to fill is that correct.
Not correct....Farah takes last spot


Balmainbred
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 261
Joined: Wed 17 May, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Balmainbred » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8122
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:59 pm

The missing link. 😉
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Eddie
Member
Member
Posts: 3562
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Eddie » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm
Im sure his Norths team mates will be glad to be rid of him...couldve played on Sunday but chose not to (officially he was ''rested'')....they probably, more than likely win if he does play
Hasn't Siebold and Farah talked about the plan with Farah all season to keep him fresh?

How do you know he choose not to play?

How do you know it wasn't the coaches decisions?

Interesting how you say like a matter of fact he choose not to play.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29180
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Perugia Italy..

Post by Geo. » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:06 pm

Yeah I'm with Eddie ..reckon Farah would have been itching to retain the JT Cup..coach said no..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

User avatar
Chicken Faced Killa
Member
Member
Posts: 1892
Joined: Mon 17 Apr, 2017 8:19 pm

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:51 pm
Robbie had his detractors at Souths but many there are very upset with his departure - they wanted another Grand Final and he was their back up.
Well why don’t they keep him. Honestly don’t know why Souths would let go of a quality back up when they are a big shot this year. Cook has to make it through Origin which isn’t going to be easy.

I don’t have strong feelings either way on this one let’s see what happens.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm

Strange by Souths to release Farah considering Cook is playing origin.
Their problem I guess.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5347
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:14 pm

They go to all those lengths to get rid of him, pay him hundreds of thousands to play elsewhere and then when he's finally off the books they re-sign him.

And people think we've got good management..

I hope him and Mybe turn things around for us.

Ivan cleary
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by Ivan cleary » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:15 pm

Balmainbred wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:43 pm
So if Farahs deal comes off that means we have 1 spot to fill is that correct.
If we count Siro’s as apart of our top 30 then yes he is the last one, but if we don’t we might be able to get kelly here before June 30.

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 9:18 am
Location: Central Coast

Post by coivtny » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Strange by Souths to release Farah considering Cook is playing origin.
Their problem I guess.
Someone on the Souths LU forum is suggesting Godinet is moving to Souths as Farah's replacement. SWould be great if true but hard to believe.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2652
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:20 pm

Eddie wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm
Im sure his Norths team mates will be glad to be rid of him...couldve played on Sunday but chose not to (officially he was ''rested'')....they probably, more than likely win if he does play
Hasn't Siebold and Farah talked about the plan with Farah all season to keep him fresh?

How do you know he choose not to play?

How do you know it wasn't the coaches decisions?

Interesting how you say like a matter of fact he choose not to play.
Read where Siebold has a system in place where he doesnt play Farah in ISP everyweek - based on his age and experience and that he viewed him as FG but believes in playing a DH for eigthy minutes - Cook.
Make of that what you will.

User avatar
bigsiro
Member
Member
Posts: 1374
Joined: Tue 11 Jan, 2011 10:50 pm

Post by bigsiro » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:28 pm

coivtny wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Strange by Souths to release Farah considering Cook is playing origin.
Their problem I guess.
Someone on the Souths LU forum is suggesting Godinet is moving to Souths as Farah's replacement. SWould be great if true but hard to believe.
Sounds too good to be true.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 28921
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:30 pm

Eddie wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:00 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 4:38 pm
Im sure his Norths team mates will be glad to be rid of him...couldve played on Sunday but chose not to (officially he was ''rested'')....they probably, more than likely win if he does play
Hasn't Siebold and Farah talked about the plan with Farah all season to keep him fresh?

How do you know he choose not to play?

How do you know it wasn't the coaches decisions?

Interesting how you say like a matter of fact he choose not to play.
Yes, his games are tailored to suit him...its what Ive been told but its hard to imagine Farah being dropped from reserve grade.....wouldnt wanna upset him

User avatar
hammertime
Member
Member
Posts: 2520
Joined: Sat 26 Sep, 2009 6:00 pm
Location: Rozelle, NSW

Post by hammertime » Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:46 pm

coivtny wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:17 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Tue 19 Jun, 2018 5:10 pm
Strange by Souths to release Farah considering Cook is playing origin.
Their problem I guess.
Someone on the Souths LU forum is suggesting Godinet is moving to Souths as Farah's replacement. SWould be great if true but hard to believe.
Interesting... It might have been why we also saw Matty m get a run in firsts. Maybe Ivan was trying to showcase his wares?

Post Reply