Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

Nelson

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by Nelson » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:38 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 12:56 pm
I can picture you BBF refreshing the Souff's official site every 2 minutes..waiting waiting..
I'm sure he's got a box of tissues at hand ready for either eventuality...

Post by 851 » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:33 pm
Well Ivan must definitely be reading the forum lol. You wanted a ball playing fullback he got you Mbye. You weren’t happy with the number 9 he got you Farah. He is a coach of the people lol.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... f634993766
It looks like a done deal to me, some people on here are going to be very disappointed, but me I don't care, JT should have let him get his 250 games, and our current number 9's are just not cutting it, so we should improve with this signing.
Go hard or go home

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:53 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Well Ivan must definitely be reading the forum lol. You wanted a ball playing fullback he got you Mbye. You weren’t happy with the number 9 he got you Farah. He is a coach of the people lol.

It looks like a done deal to me, some people on here are going to be very disappointed, but me I don't care, JT should have let him get his 250 games, and our current number 9's are just not cutting it, so we should improve with this signing.
Well they can’t have it both ways. They can’t complain about the hooking position and be upset we are getting a genuine hooker. He has shown in 2 games of first grade this year he is much better than anything we have. Cook has praised him for the improvements in his game. Let’s hope Liddle can gain from him aswell.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:59 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:53 pm
851 wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Well they can’t have it both ways. They can’t complain about the hooking position and be upset we are getting a genuine hooker. He has shown in 2 games of first grade this year he is much better than anything we have. Cook has praised him for the improvements in his game. Let’s hope Liddle can gain from him aswell.
People will complain, the first stuff up Robbie does they will be calling for his head just wait and see. I think its great he is coming back, we should get better dummy half service, has a better kicking game than our existing number 9's so adds more dimensions to our attack. He should be a good mentor for Liddle as well.

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:12 pm

I don't know if my heart will allow me to cheer him on. To much has happened, we have moved on. Or so I thought.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:14 pm

I am embarrassed. Same leadership that punted him and paid for him to play against us last year. What was the point of getting rid of him?

So much for a 3 or 5 year plan, this club does not have a 12 month plan. No wonder they are in a constant rebuild.

Ivan recruited Godinet, re-signed McIllwrick for 2 years and less than 12 months later has decided that none of them, are up to it, and brought back the white ant.

They have lost me, none of them have an idea what they are doing.

Clifferd

Post by Clifferd » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:19 pm

The thing I gather mainly from this is LIddle is clearly our future dummy half option but injuries have held him back it’s hardly Clearys fault

enuff

Post by enuff » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:20 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:

LOVE IT!

Me personally, can't wait to see Robbie back at Leichardt in tigers colours again!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :sign: :sign: :sign:

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:28 pm

Midway through last year we had Liddle contracted. McIllwrick was re-signed and Godinet was recruited. So we are wasting money on 2 players that the coach signed, but does not consider up to 1st grade. Mcillwrick is signed for next year, so we are stuck with him, or using our cap to pay him to play elsewhere.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:32 pm

Done deal - just announced in the last 20 mins everywhere. Well now we have Farah back and whether you like it or not he'll be running out in the WT jersey next game.

Wow, who would ever have thought Benji and Robbie would both be Tigers again! In a way it sought of returns the world into balance - maybe somethings that should never have happened in the first place are now corrected. Let's hope that the second coming ends up better than the first.

What can you say.......Good luck Robbie Farah and welcome home.

criwdfluffer

Post by criwdfluffer » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:35 pm

Jesus stop whining and enjoy the moment.

One of our best ever is coming back.

This just feels right ffs sit back and enjoy.

And ps he is a mighty fine footballer who bleeds for this club.

He will get one he'll of a cheer at Leichhardt.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:38 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:26 am
This must be a billion to one of actually happening.
Can i have a dollar on with you?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:42 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:14 pm
I am embarrassed. Same leadership that punted him and paid for him to play against us last year. What was the point of getting rid of him?

So much for a 3 or 5 year plan, this club does not have a 12 month plan. No wonder they are in a constant rebuild.

Ivan recruited Godinet, re-signed McIllwrick for 2 years and less than 12 months later has decided that none of them, are up to it, and brought back the white ant.

And we have seen that godinet and mcwillrick aren’t first grade standard. Liddles body just can’t handle first grade at the moment. If one of the above was killing it then we would have no need. We seen how cooks game has improved after being mentored by Farah, why would we not bring him here to shore up the number 9 and mentor liddle to be our future.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:45 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:42 pm
Harvey wrote:

And we have seen that godinet and mcwillrick aren’t first grade standard. Liddles body just can’t handle first grade at the moment. If one of the above was killing it then we would have no need. We seen how cooks game has improved after being mentored by Farah, why would we not bring him here to shore up the number 9 and mentor liddle to be our future.
I would have thought our esteemed coach would have seen that before signing them. The club is lost and has no idea where it is heading.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:47 pm

4jtigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
Tuiaki Chicken Wings wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:39 am

Then we have this.. who to believe.
and the circus has started - hooray RF hooray!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Who is turning it into a circus,
Most are merely stating the facts as we find them out.
Again most people that ive talked to outside the rareified air of the forum, are happy to see him back and being a big lift in a position that we are crap in .
We've seen in the last couple of weeks that he is still a bloody good Hooker. and will be better than anyone else we could have picked up outside the club
There'll be people who hope that he falls flat on his face, because of their personal feelings,
The ones that are creating any circus , is those who are still carrying around their old hatreds for him.
Why not give him the benefit of the doubt for a couple of weeks, to see what he can do for the club. there'll be plenty of opportunities to Death Ride him, after that.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:54 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:45 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:42 pm
Harvey wrote:

I would have thought our esteemed coach would have seen that before signing them. The club is lost and has no idea where it is heading.

Can I buy any tickets that you have for Lo or Cambelltown, seeing as the club is in its Death Throes with this decision?? :lol: :lol:
I wouldnt worry too much Harvey, Im pretty sure that the sky isnt falling, but I'll check again after Robbies first game

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:00 pm

All I ask is keep him away from Liddle.

Dst6._

Post by Dst6._ » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:03 pm

OFFICIAL: Rabbitohs have released Robbie Farah to the Wests Tigers for the remainder of the 2018 season.
The Rabbitohs have released hooker Robbie Farah from the remainder of his NRL contract to join the West Tigers. bit.ly/2K1AbeM #GoRabbitohs pic.twitter.com/tTGS…