Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

The Patriot

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by The Patriot » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:56 pm

851 wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:38 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:39 pm
4jtigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:22 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:56 pm

Treated the Club? He was bullied into Reserve Grade to force him out cause the Club didn't want to honour his Contract.
There's 15 other Clubs if you are that down about it hop along.
hop along where? geez, getting personal now are we? I am not down. Who told you I was? oh my, some people really? I was just expressing the concern I have for the club. The club has made the decision and I am ok with that... they know better than I do. So we will leave it at that. Good luck coach!!!

PS. they were honouring his contract - only that he was playing in Reserve Grade - there was no promise that he will play in FG all the time or did I miss something? was there a promise in the contract that he will be in FG all the time?

oh boy, some people... welcome RF and good luck coach!!!
Um he played Origin that year when they put him in Reserve Grade says more about the Coach he had at the time and where is he now? Back pedalled to the place where they would feel sorry for him and give him employment :lol:

He's here for half year you'll be right
Exactly FT, it was all about JT and his ego, he had the current origin hooker in reserve grade and Rankin at hooker in 1st grade, the board should have sacked the fool right then for such a stupid team selection, club first my backside JT, so glad you are no longer our problem.

With the advantage of hindsight i totally agree. I gave him some benefit of doubt at the time, but it just doesnt stand up to history.

Add the board now bringing Farah back and its pretty clear Jason Taylor is mud around this club
Its an opinion!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:59 pm

criwdfluffer wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:00 pm
And Leichhardt will be feeaking jumping against the titans.

He is very much loved out this way.
Which way is that?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:18 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:56 pm
851 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:
4jtigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:22 pm

hop along where? geez, getting personal now are we? I am not down. Who told you I was? oh my, some people really? I was just expressing the concern I have for the club. The club has made the decision and I am ok with that... they know better than I do. So we will leave it at that. Good luck coach!!!

PS. they were honouring his contract - only that he was playing in Reserve Grade - there was no promise that he will play in FG all the time or did I miss something? was there a promise in the contract that he will be in FG all the time?

oh boy, some people... welcome RF and good luck coach!!!
Um he played Origin that year when they put him in Reserve Grade says more about the Coach he had at the time and where is he now? Back pedalled to the place where they would feel sorry for him and give him employment :lol:

Exactly FT, it was all about JT and his ego, he had the current origin hooker in reserve grade and Rankin at hooker in 1st grade, the board should have sacked the fool right then for such a stupid team selection, club first my backside JT, so glad you are no longer our problem.

With the advantage of hindsight i totally agree. I gave him some benefit of doubt at the time, but it just doesnt stand up to history.

Add the board now bringing Farah back and its pretty clear Jason Taylor is mud around this club
Could just be the club completely lacks any leadership or football knowledge at the exec level.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:18 pm
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:
foreveratiger wrote:

Could just be the club completely lacks any leadership or football knowledge at the exec level.

How many posts do you have to post in this thread before you feel better. Looks like you are having a hard time?
Its an opinion!

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:20 pm

Very happy to have Robbie back on board .. can't wait to see Leichhardt Oval on the 1 Jul 18, I can see the signs now .."the prodical one returns" .. "Welcome back Robbie" etc, etc and of course the debut of Moses Mbye in Tigers colours for the first time .. !! Does anyone know how much in $$ we have paid for Robbie at this stage.
Gonna be a good old fashion partay at Leichhardt that afternoon .. :sign:

Now unto a more serious issue .. who do we package off at season end ??

Robbie and Benji - both contracted to end of the 2018 season
Tim Grant - time to move on
MM aka Killa - will we be moving him on
Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone
Robbie Rochow - has he done enough to stay
Kev Naiqama - is going seasons end to the ESL
Tui Lolohea - do we keep him or will he stay

So dare I say it we should have a nice little kitty to play with for next season.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:29 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm
Harvey wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
851 wrote:

How many posts do you have to post in this thread before you feel better. Looks like you are having a hard time?
I am. 18 months ago the club was dragged through the mud in the media with the brand tarnished, mud slinging between players, their contacts, coaching staff and the board. It eventually passed and parties went their own ways and moved on, but now I am left asking what was that for? Why did the club bother moving on a life member and creating that upheval unless there was a problem there and how can he come back to a club with the same leadership that he so publicly slagged off.

It is like watching a destructive relationship where the police have turned up, AVO's have been issued and a week later they are back together until the next time it happens.

A lot depends on who was acting on whose behalf. The suggestion at the time was JT was acting on behalf of the club leadership in forcing Robbie out, partly to resolve salary cap issues and partly to manage other egos.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:20 pm
Very happy to have Robbie back on board .. can't wait to see Leichhardt Oval on the 1 Jul 18, I can see the signs now .."the prodical one returns" .. "Welcome back Robbie" etc, etc and of course the debut of Moses Mbye in Tigers colours for the first time .. !! Does anyone know how much in $$ we have paid for Robbie at this stage.

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

So dare I say it we should have a nice little kitty to play with for next season.

Can i honestly say, i feel sorry for Killa
He did a Stellar job last year for us, he hasnt done a thing wrong and between him and Pita , MM has been heaps better

I'd' keep him.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

He did a Stellar job last year for us, he hasnt done a thing wrong and between him and Pita , MM has been heaps better

I'd' keep him.
He was given the chance against the Raiders...we were on the front foot and doing ok untill Killa got injured...he gets 10 out of 10 for that effort..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm

TigerSkins wrote:

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

I'd' keep him.
He was given the chance against the Raiders...we were on the front foot and doing ok untill Killa got injured...he gets 10 out of 10 for that effort..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:36 pm

Harvey wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:29 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:19 pm
Harvey wrote:
The Patriot wrote:

I am. 18 months ago the club was dragged through the mud in the media with the brand tarnished, mud slinging between players, their contacts, coaching staff and the board. It eventually passed and parties went their own ways and moved on, but now I am left asking what was that for? Why did the club bother moving on a life member and creating that upheval unless there was a problem there and how can he come back to a club with the same leadership that he so publicly slagged off.

It is like watching a destructive relationship where the police have turned up, AVO's have been issued and a week later they are back together until the next time it happens.

A lot depends on who was acting on whose behalf. The suggestion at the time was JT was acting on behalf of the club leadership in forcing Robbie out, partly to resolve salary cap issues and partly to manage other egos.

Id forget all "suggestions" as its just rumour and speculation and focus instead on facts.

Facts are this board are doing what any board should do and are supporting the coach. They did it with Taylor and are now doing it with Cleary.

Personal opinion doesnt come into, its just about the board doing the right thing and giving support to the guy they hired to run the football side of things.
Its an opinion!

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:37 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:29 pm
Hope he plays well for us in his stint here. I'm terrified to think of all the negative comments coming from the anti-Farah movement in the weeks to come if he plays poorly
Farah’s worst game is streets ahead of what Mcillwrick , Reynolds and ET offer at 9

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:40 pm

TrueTiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:34 pm
TigerSkins wrote:

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

I'd' keep him.
I thought he set both tries up but NRL.com have him as 1 try assist

The only error Killa had made was he couldnt stop Papali . Wasnt entirely his fault as RR sold him short

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:48 pm

tigerap wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:37 pm
TigersBusDriver wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 1:29 pm
Hope he plays well for us in his stint here. I'm terrified to think of all the negative comments coming from the anti-Farah movement in the weeks to come if he plays poorly
Farah’s worst game is streets ahead of what Mcillwrick , Reynolds and ET offer at 9
Tell that to the mob when it happens

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:15 pm

TigerSkins wrote:

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

How are we meant to move all those players on? McIlwrick, McQueen, Rochow, and Lolohea all have contracts beyond this year and we’d need someone to take them. If that happened we’d have to pay part of the money anyway. On top of that that’s 4 more players we’d have to find for next year. Are we going to change half the squad each season?

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:39 pm

TigerSkins wrote:

Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone

I'll be there, one of my friends at work (a Roosters supporter) wants to come to tick it off his bucket list.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm

Such a bad decision by the board, No one is buying tickets for the Leichhardt game

Except every man and his dog is. It will be a sell out!
Its an opinion!

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:51 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
Such a bad decision by the board, No one is buying tickets for the Leichhardt game

Except every man and his dog is. It will be a sell out!
purchased tickets already. Can't wait!
:sign:

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:55 pm

larrycorowa wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:15 pm
At least we Won’t have to listen to Byron bay fan pining anymore
WT only cut their nose to spite their face that effects flow down to fans, sponsorship, premiership points, TV ratings. When even the lowest knowledgeable fan in league can see the obvious it just proves the saying that there is none so blind that those who do not want to see.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)