Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

Geo.

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:04 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:02 am
If I wanna read crap from souths fans I will join their forum... Please stop posting other forums comments here
Yeah 100%..further posts from other forums will be deleted..if people want to read them visit there knock yourselves out..that goes for the kennel mong eyed eels dragoons lair cockpen etc etc....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:13 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:04 am
innsaneink wrote:
If I wanna read crap from souths fans I will join their forum... Please stop posting other forums comments here
Yeah 100%..further posts from other forums will be deleted..if people want to read them visit there knock yourselves out..that goes for the kennel mong eyed eels dragoons lair cockpen etc etc....
Given BBF has admitted to the sickening act of purchasing a Souths jumper can we just delete all of his posts too?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:25 am

Nelson wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:13 am
Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Given BBF has admitted to the sickening act of purchasing a Souths jumper can we just delete all of his posts too?
Only it hasn't happened - come in spinner

My Parra mate bought the Haynes gridiron jersey real expensive then Haynes was sacked about a week later.

I was going to buy a Tigers one a few years back but could not stand all the ads on them.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

coivtny
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by coivtny » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:34 am

Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see why anyone would suggest a ban on posts from other forums. I reported a couple of days ago that the Souths LU forum were suggesting Robbie would come back home in a trade for Godinet. It turned out to be totally false but it was worth reporting. I thought the usual mantra on this forum was that people could choose to read or not read as they wished. The only censorship I'm aware of is the one against swearing which is an entirely appropriate one. Or is there another agenda here?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:39 am

coivtny wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:34 am
Geo. wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something but I can't see why anyone would suggest a ban on posts from other forums. I reported a couple of days ago that the Souths LU forum were suggesting Robbie would come back home in a trade for Godinet. It turned out to be totally false but it was worth reporting. I thought the usual mantra on this forum was that people could choose to read or not read as they wished. The only censorship I'm aware of is the one against swearing which is an entirely appropriate one. Or is there another agenda here?
Posting stuff you read on other forums in the context is fine that won't be deleted..........slabs of posts from other forums well they are already posted on their forum ..you can read them there

If you want to link..that's fine also..
Ivan's Laws

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:48 am

Unlike many, I don't mind BBF, but when it comes to his total infatuation with Farah and the crap that comes with it, well that is another matter.

I don't want to "foe" anybody on here, as that may have me missing reasonable comment from them, so that is where moderation can help, by removing that which the vast majority doesn't think belongs here.

I doubt that anyone here has a problem with a pertinent quote from another forum, but posting multiple opinions is another matter. Sure, surf any forum that one wishes and post a link for those that may be interested if it has substance, but leave the other crap where it belongs, elsewhere.
Last edited by formerguest on Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:49 am

^^^^^^^^ what he said..
Ivan's Laws

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:01 am

Of course this whole issue will be over withing a few weeks and toes will not be so sensitive but credit where credit is due, that was an excellent article on skills of DH - have read nothing on this board comparable. As I learnt in philosophy - that even it is was Hitler that discovered that 2 plus 2 equals 4 it would still be correct.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:13 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:01 am
Of course this whole issue will be over withing a few weeks and toes will not be so sensitive but credit where credit is due, that was an excellent article on skills of DH - have read nothing on this board comparable. As I learnt in philosophy - that even it is was Hitler that discovered that 2 plus 2 equals 4 it would still be correct.
No it was just obnoxious an obnoxious reponse to what the other poster had said and assumed he/she would not be aware of what passing from dummy half obviously entails. What you have to pass right/left as well as left/right?! Earth shattering!

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:17 am

foreveratiger wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:41 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:08 am
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm

And people still want to ask how is Leichhardt better than Campbelltown??? Just get to the old girl next game and watch it all unfold
No thanks.
Why?
Some just have never embraced the merge steve
That’s what I figured.
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:20 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:

Perhaps also read this in relation to information from other sites..
3. Rumours are to be treated as such and not as facts. The naming or implying of individuals in any rumour of a personal nature is strictly prohibited. Rumours from other forums, social media networks or any other channel are only acceptable if the original statement is referenced properly (screen-grab, hyperlink, scan) with evidence clearly displaying the source. Elaboration beyond what is referenced is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the offending post being removed. Weststigersforum reserves the right to moderate or ban users who continually breach this rule.
None of which occurred..

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtop ... f=2&t=1012
Ivan's Laws

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:42 am

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:20 pm
Very happy to have Robbie back on board .. can't wait to see Leichhardt Oval on the 1 Jul 18, I can see the signs now .."the prodical one returns" .. "Welcome back Robbie" etc, etc and of course the debut of Moses Mbye in Tigers colours for the first time .. !! Does anyone know how much in $$ we have paid for Robbie at this stage.
Gonna be a good old fashion partay at Leichhardt that afternoon .. :sign:

Now unto a more serious issue .. who do we package off at season end ??

Robbie and Benji - both contracted to end of the 2018 season
Tim Grant - time to move on
MM aka Killa - will we be moving him on
Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone
Robbie Rochow - has he done enough to stay
Kev Naiqama - is going seasons end to the ESL
Tui Lolohea - do we keep him or will he stay

So dare I say it we should have a nice little kitty to play with for next season.

Can i honestly say, i feel sorry for Killa
He did a Stellar job last year for us, he hasnt done a thing wrong and between him and Pita , MM has been heaps better

I'd' keep him.
If Farah and Godinet are not playing for Wests Tigers next season McIlwrick will be needed as a back-up for Liddle. The opportunity of course is now there for Liddle to concentrate for the rest of the season on improving his game and 80 minute stamina in ISP as well as strengthening his upper body strength during the off-season.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:48 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

3. Rumours are to be treated as such and not as facts. The naming or implying of individuals in any rumour of a personal nature is strictly prohibited. Rumours from other forums, social media networks or any other channel are only acceptable if the original statement is referenced properly (screen-grab, hyperlink, scan) with evidence clearly displaying the source. Elaboration beyond what is referenced is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the offending post being removed. Weststigersforum reserves the right to moderate or ban users who continually breach this rule.
None of which occurred..

As an dinky di Aussie whose motto is close enough is good enough I can't image complying with all those crossing t and dotting i so will just refrain - cut my tongue out

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:49 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:44 am
from the Warren
.....Lots of Souths fans are reactive and are like lemmings or sheep.

Many banged on about why did Souths sign Farah for so long. The answer was simple. Rusty Crowe as owner made that decision and private ownership means what Rusty wants he gets.

Now many are banging on about why did Souths release Farah back to the Tigers.

All the while without much fanfare Anthony Siebold gets the best out of Robert Farah’s brain and in doing so transforms Cook from a player who panics and throws passes willy-nilly to a SOO player.

So bang on to your hearts content about Farah but give at least a modicum of respect to the coach of a side that lost their 1st 2 games and won 11 of their next 13. Siebold made an agreement with Farah if he could play some NRL at another club then he would not stand in the way of his release.
--------------------------------
Plus there are a lot more sweet things and thanks to Robbie for his short time over there.
Keep forum comments to those from Wests Tigers fans only.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:54 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

None of which occurred..

Ah Geo I'm going to get you on a technicality here. "Rumours from other forums" are the only text type referenced in S3 as you have posted. Says nothing about opinions, comments, articles, polls etc. from other forums.

Personally I actually disagree with yourself and ink on this one, I have no drama with people on this forum posting tidbits of commentary from other fans. Any opinion is valid, doesn't matter where it comes from, and people will typically only post things related to Tigers subjects anyway.

I certainly haven't observed an avalanche of copy/paste from other forums, to warrant a ban. We still have the foe button for blocking out users who write crap.

I consider this topic it similar to news article grabs - you can argue that people should just post links and have readers visit all websites everywhere. In fact, technically, copying articles from behind media paywalls and distributing on the forum is a breach of copyright.

The Warren, if I'm not mistake, forces users to sign up, which personally I'm not interested in doing, but I can appreciate other users reporting back on what other supporter groups are saying.

Lastly in my opinion, comments from other non-Tigers sources enriches our discussions, comparable to supporters of other clubs occasionally posting on here. Otherwise all we ever hear is Tigers supporters banging on about well-tread Tigers issues.

Ban away if you have to, but I disagree and don't think it causes much damage.

getagrip

Post by getagrip » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:56 am

Newtown wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:42 am
Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:32 pm
TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:20 pm
Very happy to have Robbie back on board .. can't wait to see Leichhardt Oval on the 1 Jul 18, I can see the signs now .."the prodical one returns" .. "Welcome back Robbie" etc, etc and of course the debut of Moses Mbye in Tigers colours for the first time .. !! Does anyone know how much in $$ we have paid for Robbie at this stage.
Gonna be a good old fashion partay at Leichhardt that afternoon .. :sign:

Now unto a more serious issue .. who do we package off at season end ??

Robbie and Benji - both contracted to end of the 2018 season
Tim Grant - time to move on
MM aka Killa - will we be moving him on
Godinet - gone
McQueen - gone
Robbie Rochow - has he done enough to stay
Kev Naiqama - is going seasons end to the ESL
Tui Lolohea - do we keep him or will he stay

So dare I say it we should have a nice little kitty to play with for next season.

Can i honestly say, i feel sorry for Killa
He did a Stellar job last year for us, he hasnt done a thing wrong and between him and Pita , MM has been heaps better

I'd' keep him.
If Farah and Godinet are not playing for Wests Tigers next season McIlwrick will be needed as a back-up for Liddle. The opportunity of course is now there for Liddle to concentrate for the rest of the season on improving his game and 80 minute stamina in ISP as well as strengthening his upper body strength during the off-season.
What happens if Liddle's form and fitness in ISP over say the next 2 weeks indicates he is more than ready for NRL? Does Robbie get dropped with 299 games for WT?

getagrip

Post by getagrip » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:57 am

Sorry. 249 games

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:02 pm

Do we know the fine details of Farah's contract? Are there any options either way? re 249 games, Farah can play first receiver pretty well as did in World Cup. And of course Ivan wants to go out a hero also so will abide.