Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

TonyTiger

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:13 pm

Looking more potent now after our spinal fusion, Robbie offers so much in attacking options, defence, kicking-especially another field goal exponent and Mbye has the pace we desperately need!

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:34 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:13 pm
Looking more potent now after our spinal fusion, Robbie offers so much in attacking options, defence, kicking-especially another field goal exponent and Mbye has the pace we desperately need!
He will also bring pride and passion back to the team, priceless.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:51 pm

Certainly! Winning passion from 2005 - you can’t manufacture that.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:54 am
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:20 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:01 am
Of course this whole issue will be over withing a few weeks and toes will not be so sensitive but credit where credit is due, that was an excellent article on skills of DH - have read nothing on this board comparable. As I learnt in philosophy - that even it is was Hitler that discovered that 2 plus 2 equals 4 it would still be correct.

Perhaps also read this in relation to information from other sites..
3. Rumours are to be treated as such and not as facts. The naming or implying of individuals in any rumour of a personal nature is strictly prohibited. Rumours from other forums, social media networks or any other channel are only acceptable if the original statement is referenced properly (screen-grab, hyperlink, scan) with evidence clearly displaying the source. Elaboration beyond what is referenced is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the offending post being removed. Weststigersforum reserves the right to moderate or ban users who continually breach this rule.
None of which occurred..

http://www.weststigersforum.com/viewtop ... f=2&t=1012
Ah Geo I'm going to get you on a technicality here. "Rumours from other forums" are the only text type referenced in S3 as you have posted. Says nothing about opinions, comments, articles, polls etc. from other forums.

Personally I actually disagree with yourself and ink on this one, I have no drama with people on this forum posting tidbits of commentary from other fans. Any opinion is valid, doesn't matter where it comes from, and people will typically only post things related to Tigers subjects anyway.

I certainly haven't observed an avalanche of copy/paste from other forums, to warrant a ban. We still have the foe button for blocking out users who write crap.

I consider this topic it similar to news article grabs - you can argue that people should just post links and have readers visit all websites everywhere. In fact, technically, copying articles from behind media paywalls and distributing on the forum is a breach of copyright.

The Warren, if I'm not mistake, forces users to sign up, which personally I'm not interested in doing, but I can appreciate other users reporting back on what other supporter groups are saying.

Lastly in my opinion, comments from other non-Tigers sources enriches our discussions, comparable to supporters of other clubs occasionally posting on here. Otherwise all we ever hear is Tigers supporters banging on about well-tread Tigers issues.

Ban away if you have to, but I disagree and don't think it causes much damage.
Not if the article is correctly linked and source credited..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:17 pm

Left of Field
IfFarrah goes ok for the rest of this season , he will stay on for 1 more , just a hunch

hugh1954

Post by hugh1954 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:24 pm

Depends on what Robbie can still bring to the team. if his form is consistent from the south's last two games then get the pen ready for 2019

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:33 pm

andrew 474 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:17 pm
Left of Field
IfFarrah goes ok for the rest of this season , he will stay on for 1 more , just a hunch
Think it was Brent Read, he mentioned something along those lines when signing was announced yesterday.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm

Isn't he going to be the new receptionist after he retires at the end of the year?

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:52 pm

I can see a 1 yr extension for sure..
Ivan's Laws

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 2:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:52 pm
I think we all hoping that he can keep fit and strong to give Liddle best options. Now the whole fan base is behind him to glue the team together and even captaincy if he really pulls it off. Could be a curse again for him though.

I expect nothing but hope for the best.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:43 pm

Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:43 pm

Pres. MCK fan club

MCK fan club members: VP hobbo. Spud Murphy. WestsBenTigers. wt01. TigerKapa. TigersBusDriver. Clearyweareone. kh_canada. sheer64. Magpie Magic. tigermac88. LeichhardtTiger. beachtiger. TSupps05. underdog. rex2ce. teddy23. Tigerdon. willow. TrueTiger. tigerbenji. Balmainbred. hank37w. criwdfluffer. Ken Y.

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:44 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:52 pm
Farah's game isn't based on speed so he could play for another 2 years if injury is not an issue.

Tacky

Post by Tacky » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 3:45 pm

Pres. MCK fan club

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Geo. wrote:
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:01 am
Of course this whole issue will be over withing a few weeks and toes will not be so sensitive but credit where credit is due, that was an excellent article on skills of DH - have read nothing on this board comparable. As I learnt in philosophy - that even it is was Hitler that discovered that 2 plus 2 equals 4 it would still be correct.

3. Rumours are to be treated as such and not as facts. The naming or implying of individuals in any rumour of a personal nature is strictly prohibited. Rumours from other forums, social media networks or any other channel are only acceptable if the original statement is referenced properly (screen-grab, hyperlink, scan) with evidence clearly displaying the source. Elaboration beyond what is referenced is strictly prohibited. Failure to comply with this rule will result in the offending post being removed. Weststigersforum reserves the right to moderate or ban users who continually breach this rule.
None of which occurred..

Ah Geo I'm going to get you on a technicality here. "Rumours from other forums" are the only text type referenced in S3 as you have posted. Says nothing about opinions, comments, articles, polls etc. from other forums.

Personally I actually disagree with yourself and ink on this one, I have no drama with people on this forum posting tidbits of commentary from other fans. Any opinion is valid, doesn't matter where it comes from, and people will typically only post things related to Tigers subjects anyway.

I certainly haven't observed an avalanche of copy/paste from other forums, to warrant a ban. We still have the foe button for blocking out users who write crap.

I consider this topic it similar to news article grabs - you can argue that people should just post links and have readers visit all websites everywhere. In fact, technically, copying articles from behind media paywalls and distributing on the forum is a breach of copyright.

The Warren, if I'm not mistake, forces users to sign up, which personally I'm not interested in doing, but I can appreciate other users reporting back on what other supporter groups are saying.

Lastly in my opinion, comments from other non-Tigers sources enriches our discussions, comparable to supporters of other clubs occasionally posting on here. Otherwise all we ever hear is Tigers supporters banging on about well-tread Tigers issues.

Don't read this then:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ts-paywall

I am guessing we would find SMH, Telecrap have T&Cs for their subscribers that prohibit on-sharing of content to non-subcribers.

Anyhow you didn't directly address my comment as to why posting from other forums meets any prohibited criteria on this forum - can we post such stuff so long as it's correctly linked and credited, even if it's comments from other forum users?

sheer64
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by sheer64 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:10 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm
Isn't he going to be the new receptionist after he retires at the end of the year?
Most receptionists run the show, whilst the CEOs wine and dine themselves into a golden handshake.
Arise Sir Waste Anasta, Tool of the highest order!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Geo. wrote:

None of which occurred..

Don't read this then:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ts-paywall

I am guessing we would find SMH, Telecrap have T&Cs for their subscribers that prohibit on-sharing of content to non-subcribers.

Anyhow you didn't directly address my comment as to why posting from other forums meets any prohibited criteria on this forum - can we post such stuff so long as it's correctly linked and credited, even if it's comments from other forum users?
You can..go for it..as can Byron if done correctly..

And yay Canada..
Ivan's Laws

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:18 pm

andrew 474 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:17 pm
Left of Field
Would likely cost us Liddle who is off contract at the end of next year.