Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

Byron Bay Fan

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:21 pm

sheer64 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:10 pm
Balmain Boy wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:48 pm
Isn't he going to be the new receptionist after he retires at the end of the year?
Most receptionists run the show, whilst the CEOs wine and dine themselves into a golden handshake.
I have heard of receptionists who used to listen in on the CEO's phone calls then go and trade in shares with inside knowledge - making a fortune
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm

Harvey wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:18 pm
andrew 474 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 1:17 pm
Left of Field
IfFarrah goes ok for the rest of this season , he will stay on for 1 more , just a hunch
Would likely cost us Liddle who is off contract at the end of next year.
Agree - then we'd be stuffed in a stride.

Post by 851 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm
Harvey wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Left of Field
IfFarrah goes ok for the rest of this season , he will stay on for 1 more , just a hunch
On exposed form, I don't think to many clubs would be lining up to sign a bloke who is injured more often than not.
Go hard or go home

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Russell wrote:
Harvey wrote:
andrew 474 wrote:
Left of Field
On exposed form, I don't think to many clubs would be lining up to sign a bloke who is injured more often than not.
He is the best of all the young blokes going around.

You keep on going about injuries - plenty of young blokes go through this. Benji did for one - it comes from playing them too young.He has had the operation on his shoulders, they are good. He picked up a sternum injury which anyone can and is now back - he played 80 min last weekend and will in the next game as well.

WswWt

Post by WswWt » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:30 pm

Is robbie on the team bus or getting his own way to games? I hope it’s the team bus this time around.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:35 pm

Robbie Farah makes his grand return to the Wests Tigers after parting ways on less than harmonious terms in 2016

WESTS TIGERS
June 21, 2018 4:50pm
by JOE MCDONOUGH
Source: FOX SPORTS

Source: FOX SPORTS
ROBBIE Farah has had his first training session with the Wests Tigers.

The club legend, who was an integral figure in the 2005 premiership-winning team and spent 14 seasons at Concord, has made his grand return.

Farah found himself unwanted at the club in 2016 under then coach Jason Taylor, and has spent the past two seasons at South Sydney.

However, the outstanding form of Damien Cook meant the former Kangaroos rake was stuck in the Intrust Super Premiership with the North Sydney Bears.

So, with Ivan Cleary needing a quality hooker, the stars aligned for Farah to rewrite history with the club he loves.

The Rabbitohs showed plenty of class not to stand in the way of Farah, who obviously wants to finish his career playing at the highest level.

“When it finally did happen it was very tough to tell my teammates at the Rabbitohs and the club, they’ve been great to me over the last 18 months,” Farah said while wearing the orange and black again.

“The way they’ve treated me has been nothing short of amazing and really accepted me into the group.

“But they understand that the Tigers is where my heart is and how much it meant to me to come back here. They wished me all the best except for when we play them twice this year, so that’ll be interesting,” he laughed.

Farah said it was a surreal feeling being back at the club he debuted with in 2003.

“It kind of felt like my first day at school, few nerves, but it was good to get here out at Campbelltown,” he said.

“Benji picked me up, we don’t live too far from each other, so we carpooled in which was nice.

“So just get to know the new boys obviously, and some familiar faces from the past that were good to see again.”

The drama will come full circle in his first game with his old club, when he looks up at the scoreboard where he said goodbye to the Tigers faithful in September, 2016.

“I never really thought it would happen or I’d be back here so soon... it hasn’t really sunk in yet.

“But I’m sure next Sunday when I run out at Leichhardt Oval it will be one of the best feelings ever.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... da2c359236
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:38 pm

That’s if he gets picked 😉

Post by 851 » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm
851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Russell wrote:
Harvey wrote:

He is the best of all the young blokes going around.

You keep on going about injuries - plenty of young blokes go through this. Benji did for one - it comes from playing them too young.He has had the operation on his shoulders, they are good. He picked up a sternum injury which anyone can and is now back - he played 80 min last weekend and will in the next game as well.
I don't doubt he has skill, but if you can't stay on the field no one will buy you, unless you are Canterbury of course, Foran cough, cough
Go hard or go home

Tigers dna

Post by Tigers dna » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:08 pm

Fantastic. Robbie represents everything that is great about the tigers. There is not much loyalty in league today but Robbie heart and commitment has always been with the tigers. Apart from that he has been in great form and the team now need someone of his calibre. I now believe the tigers will make the top 8 as we have both Robbie and a
spine to be reckoned with. Another coup for Cleary.

Robbie leaving was Taylor made. A wrong has been righted. Love the tigers

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm

Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:15 pm

I hope Ivan has a sharp instrument proof vest...cause it will always be someone elses fault.I sure hope Robbie has learnt something from the "experience"..three coaches careers ended
That's what $800k gets you I guess
As for Ivan...a drowning man clutching serpents comes to mind.
Disappointed
Last edited by clontarfkid on Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eyewonder

Post by eyewonder » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:16 pm

I'm okay for Robbie coming back as the team definitely need his guidance around the ruck.with Robbie there,the team's attack will have structure.
Dare I say that Robbie will have to realise the pecking order in the team has changed and he will not have the influence he used to enjoy.
some Robbie farah desire wont go astray as well.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:37 pm

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:45 pm

I like the part where he said Benji contacted him about the return... Even Benji must of realised they need a hooker to take pressure of them.. Smart move

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm
Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.
Listen mate, that old ex girlfriend of Les Boyd could have been my then missus - did she hang out in Cobba Davis's group? Yours is one of the best Land Down Under posts ever appearing on this board - have a few more drinks and keep them coming! I warn you mate never try straight metho - it's deadly
Last edited by Byron Bay Fan on Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:48 pm

I'll take "pointless BBF anecdotes that didn't happen" for $200, Alex.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Masterton

Post by Masterton » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:51 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm

CB, is your avatar the "succulent chinese meal" bloke?

"I was on the bus before you painted it yellow."

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:52 pm

Certainly is Masterton. Our mate was a bit eccentric and a chess player. Whom does that remind you of?
Madge's Maulers.