Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

Pawsandclaws

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by Pawsandclaws » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:53 pm

851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm
851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm

Agree - then we'd be stuffed in a stride.
On exposed form, I don't think to many clubs would be lining up to sign a bloke who is injured more often than not.
He is the best of all the young blokes going around.

You keep on going about injuries - plenty of young blokes go through this. Benji did for one - it comes from playing them too young.He has had the operation on his shoulders, they are good. He picked up a sternum injury which anyone can and is now back - he played 80 min last weekend and will in the next game as well.
I don't doubt he has skill, but if you can't stay on the field no one will buy you, unless you are Canterbury of course, Foran cough, cough
Farah will be a great mentor for Liddle assisting him as he did for Cook. I believe this is a great strategy by Cleary and his professionalism will rub off on the squad.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:06 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm
You can..go for it..as can Byron if done correctly..

And yay Canada..
I said don't read it.

The P man

Post by The P man » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm

Cultured Bogan, Masterton, - that Succulent Chinese meal bloke clip was the funniest thing I've seen for quite a while. Please keep 'em coming.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:38 pm

The P man wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm
Cultured Bogan, Masterton, - that Succulent Chinese meal bloke clip was the funniest thing I've seen for quite a while. Please keep 'em coming.
Been around forever mate, I laugh as hard the 100th time I watched it as I did the first.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:29 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm
Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.
Get off the Juice CB

I was waiting for the penny to drop

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:33 pm

How much did it cost us to actually lose Robbie originally ......................??

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:43 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:02 am
Lets hope the incompetents in charge at the NRL decide the "fairytale" of the return of Benji/Robbie with the resurgance of WT is what they would like to see in 2018.I am not holding my breath but it would be good to see us getting 50/50 calls instead of us being on the wrong end of blatant cheating from the officials like we are
Here here.....but not holding my breathe

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:49 pm

tigerap wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:43 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Lets hope the incompetents in charge at the NRL decide the "fairytale" of the return of Benji/Robbie with the resurgance of WT is what they would like to see in 2018.I am not holding my breath but it would be good to see us getting 50/50 calls instead of us being on the wrong end of blatant cheating from the officials like we are

Our demise against Raiders started with a wrong call "penalty"for ball strip when it was loose carry.
That play saw Lawrence get injured and it was all downhill from that point onwards

Goes to show how the officials can really cost teams games

Then there was that penalty Klien gave to Brisbane in extra time .. we know how that ended
Then against the Roosters for the same thing We DIDNT get a penalty which would have leveled the game

Refs are humans, they will makes mistakes, as long as they are not biased.. which we all know they are

I was sick of hearing refs saying "Robbie Robbie Robbie" when he played for us, no surprises if it happens again

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:15 pm

Love the WestsTigers wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:29 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.
Get off the Juice CB

I was waiting for the penny to drop
It won't drop old mate, yours truly will snatch it before it hits the deck and use it to get the edge on the inner west ALP preselection. My mate who follows Norths and bare knuckle boxes reckons I'm what the area needs but they'll find a way to rig the process. Not unlike Farah, it won't be the first time a good bloke has been wrong done by but like my favourite former Rabbitoh I'm ready to go the full 80 minutes. If there's one thing chess has taught me it's patience.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:18 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:46 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:

Listen mate, that old ex girlfriend of Les Boyd could have been my then missus - did she hang out in Cobba Davis's group? Yours is one of the best Land Down Under posts ever appearing on this board - have a few more drinks and keep them coming! I warn you mate never try straight metho - it's deadly
My dad's cousin used to have a beer chaser with his metho, but only if he could afford the beer. He was the premier wool classer in the land, but did not have many dry times to ply his own trade.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:20 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:38 pm
The P man wrote:
Been around forever mate, I laugh as hard the 100th time I watched it as I did the first.
I’m under what???!!!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:23 pm

Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:49 pm
tigerap wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

Our demise against Raiders started with a wrong call "penalty"for ball strip when it was loose carry.
That play saw Lawrence get injured and it was all downhill from that point onwards

Then there was that penalty Klien gave to Brisbane in extra time .. we know how that ended
Then against the Roosters for the same thing We DIDNT get a penalty which would have leveled the game

Refs are humans, they will makes mistakes, as long as they are not biased.. which we all know they are

I was sick of hearing refs saying "Robbie Robbie Robbie" when he played for us, no surprises if it happens again

:roll

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:20 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:38 pm
The P man wrote:
I’m under what???!!!
Ah yes, I see you know your judo well.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 12:11 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:

It was obvious that Cleary and the Board read those great foreign political analogies and became greatly inspired by them to move the mountain to save the Tigers- that I had been warned on this board had less than a nanosecond chance of success. Next I will have Russell in the Israeli embassy thrashing out a M/E breakthrough. A place where I have been to by the way and completely stripped and had objects shoved up my anus.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 12:15 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:13 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 4:07 pm
Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 12:52 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 11:54 am

Ah Geo I'm going to get you on a technicality here. "Rumours from other forums" are the only text type referenced in S3 as you have posted. Says nothing about opinions, comments, articles, polls etc. from other forums.

Personally I actually disagree with yourself and ink on this one, I have no drama with people on this forum posting tidbits of commentary from other fans. Any opinion is valid, doesn't matter where it comes from, and people will typically only post things related to Tigers subjects anyway.

I certainly haven't observed an avalanche of copy/paste from other forums, to warrant a ban. We still have the foe button for blocking out users who write crap.

I consider this topic it similar to news article grabs - you can argue that people should just post links and have readers visit all websites everywhere. In fact, technically, copying articles from behind media paywalls and distributing on the forum is a breach of copyright.

The Warren, if I'm not mistake, forces users to sign up, which personally I'm not interested in doing, but I can appreciate other users reporting back on what other supporter groups are saying.

Lastly in my opinion, comments from other non-Tigers sources enriches our discussions, comparable to supporters of other clubs occasionally posting on here. Otherwise all we ever hear is Tigers supporters banging on about well-tread Tigers issues.

Ban away if you have to, but I disagree and don't think it causes much damage.
Not if the article is correctly linked and source credited..
Don't read this then:
https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/arti ... ts-paywall

I am guessing we would find SMH, Telecrap have T&Cs for their subscribers that prohibit on-sharing of content to non-subcribers.

Anyhow you didn't directly address my comment as to why posting from other forums meets any prohibited criteria on this forum - can we post such stuff so long as it's correctly linked and credited, even if it's comments from other forum users?
You can..go for it..as can Byron if done correctly..

And yay Canada..
Are we still allowed to give them a really good taunting, , or to throw dead cows at them????

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:51 am

851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:26 pm
851 wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:21 pm
Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:12 pm

Agree - then we'd be stuffed in a stride.
On exposed form, I don't think to many clubs would be lining up to sign a bloke who is injured more often than not.
He is the best of all the young blokes going around.

You keep on going about injuries - plenty of young blokes go through this. Benji did for one - it comes from playing them too young.He has had the operation on his shoulders, they are good. He picked up a sternum injury which anyone can and is now back - he played 80 min last weekend and will in the next game as well.
I don't doubt he has skill, but if you can't stay on the field no one will buy you, unless you are Canterbury of course, Foran cough, cough
Melbourne were after him last time he was off contract and took Papenhuytzen who had hardly played in the last couple of seasons

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:51 am

Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:49 pm
tigerap wrote:
jadtiger wrote:

This post reminds me of the time we played the Dragons at Kograh and got towelled up by 50, looking useless most of the time. (Pretty sure it was 2004)

Sheens comes out post game stating that we would have performed better if we were awarded a try in the first 5 minutes when Jason Moodie had his hand on the dead poor line.

That day Sheens even stated “this might sound stupid but”

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 7:05 am

I may need to change my signature line - a few of those nice words by those appreciative Souths gentlemen could be appropriate. Appropriately attributed of course.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)