Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

GNR4LIFE

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 5:25 pm

Got a feeling there would have been more intricicies to it than a text from Marshall. Journos dumbing it down for us simpletons.

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:02 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:43 am
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:08 am
Souths released Farah because, as Souths footy boss Shane Richardson says, “it was the right thing to do”
Puke
Ah you are a cynic. Souths didn't have to release the bloke, many people were saying they shouldn't release him, but they did. Do you reckon Roosters or Broncos would have released Farah?

This move only goes to help the Tigers' season, not Souths', so it is a magnanimous move. We released Drinkwater for similar reasons, but at least that was to ESL and not a rival NRL club.

Just imagine, unlikely as might be, that Farah orchestrates some classic Tigers wins over Souths in the 2 games we still have to play with them, and it costs Souths a Top 4. Or if we jag a Top 8 spot and come up against Souths in the finals.
X2 We always hear that rugby league is a business but it’s good to see that the mighty dollar isn’t necessarily the only issue considered in these types of decisions.

Tigers will be better for the decision so not to disadvantage a future opponent is pretty admirable I think.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:07 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 2:12 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 12:42 pm
jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Puke
Ah you are a cynic. Souths didn't have to release the bloke, many people were saying they shouldn't release him, but they did. Do you reckon Roosters or Broncos would have released Farah?

This move only goes to help the Tigers' season, not Souths', so it is a magnanimous move. We released Drinkwater for similar reasons, but at least that was to ESL and not a rival NRL club.

Just imagine, unlikely as might be, that Farah orchestrates some classic Tigers wins over Souths in the 2 games we still have to play with them, and it costs Souths a Top 4. Or if we jag a Top 8 spot and come up against Souths in the finals.
So I guess everyone here swooning and gushing over Farahs return should be grateful and thankful to souths?
I therefore don't expect to hear a negative thing about them from here on in.
We are in their debt
I'm not swooning or gushing; certainly we are not in their debt either - they made a commitment to the footballer, not Wests Tigers.

But I do tip my hat. Like I said, Roosters or Broncos would not do something like this. A lot of Tigers fans don't like Souths but personally I see a lot of similarities between our clubs, also with us and Newcastle; same kinds of supporters, same lack of general success compared to past heydays.
They made a commitment to CULTURE.

It was about respect and being up front with people. Honoring their word.

It works wonders for culture!

its no surprise they are one of the favorites for the comp.
Its an opinion!

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 8:41 pm

jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Puke

So I guess everyone here swooning and gushing over Farahs return should be grateful and thankful to souths?
We are in their debt
I'm not swooning or gushing; certainly we are not in their debt either - they made a commitment to the footballer, not Wests Tigers.

But I do tip my hat. Like I said, Roosters or Broncos would not do something like this. A lot of Tigers fans don't like Souths but personally I see a lot of similarities between our clubs, also with us and Newcastle; same kinds of supporters, same lack of general success compared to past heydays.
Absolutely spot on .
Souths are the losers in this....Cook gets injured and Richardson will get toasted for releasing Farah .

I respect that the Club put a Personal preference over keeping him in Reserve Grade ,even though there is massive risks attached to that .
Things could of not been that bad for the Wests Tigers Board to approve Farah's reinstatement as they approved JT's actions of playing him in Reserve Grade only for JT to be sacked come Round 3 2017 , i Know where the problem was....ain't Rocket Science .
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:02 pm

It'll be piss funny if Cook gets injured and Farah is not there to fill void.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:16 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:02 pm
Especially if it was against us.
:lol:

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:19 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 12:11 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm
Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.

It was obvious that Cleary and the Board read those great foreign political analogies and became greatly inspired by them to move the mountain to save the Tigers- that I had been warned on this board had less than a nanosecond chance of success. Next I will have Russell in the Israeli embassy thrashing out a M/E breakthrough. A place where I have been to by the way and completely stripped and had objects shoved up my anus.
Yes, I heard some things about you on that tour, still, each to his own, eh?

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:30 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:16 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 9:02 pm
Especially if it was against us.
:lol:
and we go on to beat Souths twice and make the 8 :)

I was a critic of Farahs late in the day and was not unhappy to see him leave but I welcome him back with open arms.

In all honesty I think Farah will fit the current culture fine. In the past he cared too much compared to his teammates and really hated losing.

Hopefully now his teammates care as much as him.

Demps

Post by Demps » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:33 pm

Good to see so many votes.
However all u no voters can hand over your bus passes. 🚍
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:51 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:33 pm
I am sure if this vote was re done or people could change their vote it would be a land slide now

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:51 pm
Demps wrote:
I am sure if this vote was re done or people could change their vote it would be a land slide now
Which way?

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:04 pm

Im.here out mudgee way at a rural property so been mostly of grid and off line.

I was surprised how happy i was when catching up and reading about RF.

Hope.it all works.out for the remainder of the season

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:13 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:02 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:
Which way?
Letting Robbie on the bus

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 22 Jun, 2018 11:18 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Demps wrote:
I especially like how there were stacks of people that voted after the signing was assured.

Landslide!!!!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 12:15 am

They would be pragmatic and wait until his first game like before their first voting preference
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 12:18 am

sideline eye wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 10:19 pm
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 12:11 am
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm
Let me tell you fellas, my mate who barracks for Norths who once sold Craig Coleman half a loaf of bread and an oil filter for his HQ Kingswood reckons Farah will be the orange juice to our methylated spirits. Between his bouts of amateur bareknuckle boxing and trying to court one of Les Boyd's old ex girlfriends he said that while he was no holy Moses Farah would certainly be the closest thing to Jesus since Tommy shuffled along the hallowed turf of Lidcombe. I almost didn't hear him over the sound of me shooting at vagrants camped on top of the MLC Centre, but I did nearly fall off my horse which has a face a long as Justin "Lenny" Pascoe.

This brings to mind some useless and obtuse foreign political reference which has no bearing on this pointless anecdote, but I'll share it anyway.

It was obvious that Cleary and the Board read those great foreign political analogies and became greatly inspired by them to move the mountain to save the Tigers- that I had been warned on this board had less than a nanosecond chance of success. Next I will have Russell in the Israeli embassy thrashing out a M/E breakthrough. A place where I have been to by the way and completely stripped and had objects shoved up my anus.
Yes, I heard some things about you on that tour, still, each to his own, eh?
seeing that you asked, I led a Friends of the Earth delegation to the Israeli Embassy in about 1976 or 1977 complaining about their nuke bombs. They gave me full security treatment in a safe (vault) room near their front door. They were checking that I was not a terrorist. Just a keyboard terrorist at this stage.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 5:50 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 22 Jun, 2018 6:07 pm
jirskyr wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

We are in their debt

They made a commitment to CULTURE.

It was about respect and being up front with people. Honoring their word.

It works wonders for culture!

its no surprise they are one of the favorites for the comp.
So it’s the culture? Some would say if culture determines results the Storm would have gotten the wooden spoon every year since 2003.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 23 Jun, 2018 5:53 am

Don’t get me started on the Roosters.