Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
171
59%
Hell no.
121
41%
 
Total votes: 292

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2265
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: Farrah

Post by tigerbenji » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:23 am

Farrah back, Dont think so.


Snake
Member
Member
Posts: 4815
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 5:37 pm

Post by Snake » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:49 am

Thanks for destroying my Sunday morning just the mention of that name makes me throw up in my mouth!

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 8:57 am

This article proved that Farah is not the Anti-Christ that he is being accused of and that fanatical and unnecessary opposition to him here could be detrimental to us reaching this year's finals.
-----------------------------------------

Farah still helping NSW with support for Blues contender Cook


The Sydney Morning Herald

Farah still helping NSW with support for Blues contender Cook
By Christian Nicolussi
13 April 2018 — 2:50pm

Even while stranded in reserve grade Robbie Farah is still doing his bit to assist NSW beat Queensland.

Farah is yet to play in the NRL this season as Damien Cook continues to shine in the South Sydney No.9 jersey as an 80-minute player.

But Cook said it was Farah who had pushed his game to the next level that now has him in a ding-dong battle with Manly's Api Koroisau and St George Illawarra's Cameron McInnes to be the Blues' new hooker.

As Cook's season goes from strength to strength Thursday night's rival Jake Friend continues to feel the wrath of Sydney Roosters fans who at one stage of the 26-14 defeat to Souths turned to coach Trent Robinson's coach's box and demanded he be hooked.

Robinson will be under pressure to stick with his co-captain, who ran for just 32 metres on Thursday night, particularly with Victor Radley posing more of a threat when brought off the bench.

Cook, the 26-year-old who poked holes through the Roosters middle for fun and ran for 142m, said he would welcome the Blues call-up, and praised Farah's input behind the scenes.

Farah, a 16-game Blues veteran who is unlikely to play beyond this season, has regularly given Cook some pointers in the sheds at half-time.

One nugget of advice from the 34-year-old on Thursday allowed Cook to spot daylight in the second half.

"He's always coming into the sheds and letting me know what's going on and ways to attack teams and what to improve on,'' Cook said.

"On Thursday night he gave me a tip on one of the players and what the defence was doing and it almost came off, but I knocked on during an offload.

"He's a smart guy and I will milk everything out of him while he's here.

"He's passionate about (NSW). He's still filthy about last year when we lost. He's very proud to play for NSW and will do what he can t make sure NSW get that trophy.''

Cook said he was in two minds when Souths signed Farah at the start of last season when he was the incumbent NSW rake, having already bided his time behind Michael Ennis at Canterbury.

Souths coach Anthony Seibold said he had told Cook to work on a few things over the summer and he had deserved first shot at the starting role.

Cook later admitted defence was a key area Seibold wanted him to improve and he could not be faulted when stopping Roosters giant Dylan Napa on the tryline late in the game on Thursday.

Meanwhile, the Roosters forwards were again dominated, with the blowtorch on Friend. A fifth-tackle kick that sailed down the throat of Alex Johnston late in the game set the Chooks' faithful right off.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 6976
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:03 am

Super coach Farah...
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 5491
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:18 am

I'm so glad for Cookie having Robbie there in the sheds to give him regular tips.


goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am

Harvey wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
Would rather get Lovett back.
We’ve already got enough plodders in the team already,.

Anyhow we don’t a player who can actually help to win a game for us. We don’t want anyone that wants to win and is in great form at the moment ,

Farah is , unlikely to be bought back , which is a pity as he probably would’ve enjoyed playing for a Coach who isntfull of B/S and excuses,hecertainly had to put up with couple o f Neville’s in his last few yrs here.

Telltails
Member
Member
Posts: 2323
Joined: Fri 18 Apr, 2014 3:24 pm

Post by Telltails » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am

The media like writing good Robbie Farah stories now. Interesting.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am

Has he tipped him into how to organise a rally?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:42 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am
Harvey wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
Would rather get Lovett back.
We’ve already got enough plodders in the team already,.

Anyhow we don’t a player who can actually help to win a game for us. We don’t want anyone that wants to win and is in great form at the moment ,

Farah is , unlikely to be bought back , which is a pity as he probably would’ve enjoyed playing for a Coach who isntfull of B/S and excuses,hecertainly had to put up with couple o f Neville’s in his last few yrs here.
We don’t want a player who used another player’s suicidal thoughts as a weapon to use against the club. It’s got nothing to do with what he can do on field, his off field actions blew his bridges up here with C4.

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:18 am

Of course We don’t want a player who has any talent , more likely.

After all , we have Elijah Taylor ,who is beyond a doubt, , one of the Rugby League worlds most sought after hookers , playing for us,
And a much mooted junior that the jury is well and truly still out on,
We are set , for years to come,
Why worry,
Also!
Maybe you should take another look through the names in our team,
You might find some names who were proved to be less than perfect in past times,
This wasn’t just someones opinion, their transgressions were proven,
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
Of course We don’t want a player who has any talent , more likely.

After all , we have Elijah Taylor ,who is beyond a doubt, , one of the Rugby League worlds most sought after hookers , playing for us,
And a much mooted junior that the jury is well and truly still out on,
We are set , for years to come,
Why worry.?
Completely missed the point

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
Of course We don’t want a player who has any talent , more likely.

After all , we have Elijah Taylor ,who is beyond a doubt, , one of the Rugby League worlds most sought after hookers , playing for us,
And a much mooted junior that the jury is well and truly still out on,
We are set , for years to come,
Why worry.?
Completely missed the point
No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post, Sorry
Last edited by goldcoast tiger on Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:32 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
Of course We don’t want a player who has any talent , more likely.

After all , we have Elijah Taylor ,who is beyond a doubt, , one of the Rugby League worlds most sought after hookers , playing for us,
And a much mooted junior that the jury is well and truly still out on,
We are set , for years to come,
Why worry.?
Completely missed the point
No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post,
If you are talking about guys like Packer, its a totally different kettle of fish.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:36 am

Harvey wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 9:40 am
Has he tipped him into how to organise a rally?
Just give me the nod, I am an expert at such with proven record. Would you sit down arrests with that? Chained around trees? Taking the cops on like Artie Beetson? Burning truck tyres as per Palestinians? And decked in what teams guernseys?
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Bags71
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:51 am

Post by Bags71 » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:32 am

TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:52 am
I don't see a need to bring him back to compliment Benji in the future, as I don't want Benji to remain in a playing role in the future. Robbie is poison, his ego would derail WT's team-first mentality faster than Mitchell Moses and his uncle Isaac did.

A mentor for Liddle would be good, yes, but not Robbie, or he will wreck Liddle altogether.
Couldn’t agree more with TigerTigers post ,the bloke was the reason (IMO)why Benji was shown the door all them years ago. The then administration of the club should’ve listened to Potter when he was coach ,only ever wanted to sign Farah for 2 but the mayor of Leichhardt ( Farah) got his way and that is when the rot set in and the cast was set for the so called big four to try and have their chance to hold the club at ransom and demand ludicrous deals that would of killed the club!! So back to Farah IMO does not deserve a final year to finish where it all began.. That ship 🚢 has sailed ..... NEEXXTTT!! :supporter:

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm

Bags71 wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 11:32 am
TigerTiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:52 am
I don't see a need to bring him back to compliment Benji in the future, as I don't want Benji to remain in a playing role in the future. Robbie is poison, his ego would derail WT's team-first mentality faster than Mitchell Moses and his uncle Isaac did.

A mentor for Liddle would be good, yes, but not Robbie, or he will wreck Liddle altogether.
Couldn’t agree more with TigerTigers post ,the bloke was the reason (IMO)why Benji was shown the door all them years ago. The then administration of the club should’ve listened to Potter when he was coach ,only ever wanted to sign Farah for 2 but the mayor of Leichhardt ( Farah) got his way and that is when the rot set in and the cast was set for the so called big four to try and have their chance to hold the club at ransom and demand ludicrous deals that would of killed the club!! So back to Farah IMO does not deserve a final year to finish where it all began.. That ship 🚢 has sailed ..... NEEXXTTT!! :supporter:
Hasn’t hurt Cook at all , that’s come straight from the Coach and from Cook himself, unlike most of the drivel that’s has been printed about RF
It seems that half this forum sat in on every conversation that Farah ever had here
They all know every word :lol:

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 5838
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:23 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:18 am
Of course We don’t want a player who has any talent , more likely.

After all , we have Elijah Taylor ,who is beyond a doubt, , one of the Rugby League worlds most sought after hookers , playing for us,
And a much mooted junior that the jury is well and truly still out on,
We are set , for years to come,
Why worry.?
Completely missed the point
No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post,
If you are talking about guys like Packer, its a totally different kettle of fish.

Of course it’s different, mainly because his name isn’t Farrah.

So you’d obviously rather have people here who have been, without a doubt , pretty anti social ( to put it VERY kindly) And average players as well
Rather than someone who is outplaying any hooker, ithat we have in this club,
We’ve got plenty of plodders, what we want is some people who can push themselves hard enough to be a winner

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:30 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 12:23 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:32 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:29 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Mon 11 Jun, 2018 10:20 am

Completely missed the point
No I didn’t.
I edited my post above , but it didn’t come up on this post,
It’s in the previous post,
If you are talking about guys like Packer, its a totally different kettle of fish.

Of course it’s different, mainly because his name isn’t Farrah.

So you’d obviously rather have people here who have been, without a doubt , pretty anti social ( to put it VERY kindly) And average players as well
Rather than someone who is outplaying any hooker, ithat we have in this club,
We’ve got plenty of plodders, what we want is some people who can push themselves hard enough to be a winner
Push themselves hard & push coaches out the door. He should never be welcomed back to this club after he childish outbursts when leaving. How many players in league are moved on, how many carry on like the precious one?

Post Reply