Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

NT Tiger

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by NT Tiger » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 6:40 am

Tigertail wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:58 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:42 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:16 am
Every thread ,lets buy back an Ex Wests Tigers player

Let me guess , self sabotage ??
We love being underdogs.
Well look at ex Tigers we let go Tapau, Addo Carr, Fifita, Woods, Tedesco, Tatola, Brown, Martin and we currently need a decent low cost hooker, ie Cherrington. Would any of these be sabotage.
I have to admit, from that list there are a few I would like to see in Tigers colours. There are also some I wouldn't, or they wouldn't come here.
"Quality Stupidity"

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 8:04 am

Tigertail wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 12:58 am
NT Tiger wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 6:42 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 10:16 am
Every thread ,lets buy back an Ex Wests Tigers player

Let me guess , self sabotage ??
We love being underdogs.
Well look at ex Tigers we let go Tapau, Addo Carr, Fifita, Woods, Tedesco, Tatola, Brown, Martin and we currently need a decent low cost hooker, ie Cherrington. Would any of these be sabotage.
Let's not start this again - the correct terminology for most of these players is "they left" - we did "not let them go."

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:03 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:10 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 05 Jun, 2018 1:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 7:34 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Mon 04 Jun, 2018 10:29 am

Long long long bow there. I appreciate the effort but don't think many people are following you on this Dr Mahathir analogy.
Well aware of who they are. Just don't think it is in the same galaxy.
As you say, I think most people have heard of Dr Mahathir, but how on Earth that has anything to do with football...
You have to remember jirskyr,we are dealing with BBF here.....anythings possible when he enters the conversation.... :ugeek:
To prove the point Sharapova is also saying that when she and Serena finish their careers she hopes they can become friends - this is after Sharapova accused Serena of shagging her coach!!! Robbie seems all reasonable at the Bunnies - Ivan should be able to achieve the same with the same person. The latest at Bunnies is that many of them have changed and now want to keep RF as back up.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:43 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
If Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad can come charging out of retirement at age 92 years to set Malaysia on the right track, after he reconciled with Anwar Ibrahim, then bringing Robbie back is chicken feed. Sometimes the greater interest takes over and you do what you have got to do.
I didn't know Malaysia had a rugby league team - good on Mahathir for making a successful comeback after a long layoff. What position did he play?

Bags71

Post by Bags71 » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:58 am

I’d much prefer we stick solid with Liddle,once he gets over his mental demons of 2 shoulder surgeries he will be the one. If we are going to sign anyone from outside before June 30, I personally would target 🎯 young Levi from the knights!! Just saying!!😉

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:00 am

Bags71 wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:58 am
I’d much prefer we stick solid with Liddle,once he gets over his mental demons of 2 shoulder surgeries he will be the one. If we are going to sign anyone from outside before June 30, I personally would target 🎯 young Levi from the knights!! Just saying!!😉
There are no mental demons - he has a sterum injury - that is why he is coming back slowly.

barra

Post by barra » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:11 am

Russell wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:00 am
Bags71 wrote:
There are no mental demons - he has a sterum injury - that is why he is coming back slowly.
They are real sternum demons too. Every time a 100kg forward lands on him...

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Wed 06 Jun, 2018 11:53 am

barra wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
Russell wrote:
Bags71 wrote:
Look how many times RF had to face Gallen lat game, RF was deliberately targeted just like at SOO. Knowing Liddle has a "weak jaw" opposing forwards will definitely be targeting him from now on. I think Russell you have to cast your net on the other side of the boat to find a guy who is going to walk on water.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:35 am

diedpretty wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 9:43 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Sun 03 Jun, 2018 11:38 am
If Dr. Mahathir bin Mohamad can come charging out of retirement at age 92 years to set Malaysia on the right track, after he reconciled with Anwar Ibrahim, then bringing Robbie back is chicken feed. Sometimes the greater interest takes over and you do what you have got to do.
I didn't know Malaysia had a rugby league team - good on Mahathir for making a successful comeback after a long layoff. What position did he play?
He was captain/coach for yonks and just like Jason in banishing good folk to the permanent Sin Bin. But as we all know you can't keep a good person down - no matter on what island in the Pacific - pacific means peace, so it is contagious.

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 9:50 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 11:53 am
barra wrote:
Wed 06 Jun, 2018 10:11 am
Russell wrote:
Bags71 wrote:
Look how many times RF had to face Gallen lat game, RF was deliberately targeted just like at SOO. Knowing Liddle has a "weak jaw" opposing forwards will definitely be targeting him from now on. I think Russell you have to cast your net on the other side of the boat to find a guy who is going to walk on water.
I am fine on this side of the boat thanks - Jake will do me for a DH.

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm

Interesting comments from Robbie after the game. Joey interviewed him and asked what his plans are for next year? Robbie said he’ll just see what happens, but it’s not much fun running around in ISP. Joey asked if he’d consider going before June 30 and Robbie said he’s enjoying getting the game time while Cook’s playing origin, but if a start elsewhere came up he’d consider it. Did go on to say that he’s enjoying his time at the club though.

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:17 pm

tigertye wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm
Interesting comments from Robbie after the game. Joey interviewed him and asked what his plans are for next year? Robbie said he’ll just see what happens, but it’s not much fun running around in ISP. Joey asked if he’d consider going before June 30 and Robbie said he’s enjoying getting the game time while Cook’s playing origin, but if a start elsewhere came up he’d consider it. Did go on to say that he’s enjoying his time at the club though.
No way anyone's offered him anything. Sounded like he'd be keen to go to a 1st grade squad but is respectful of how he's been treated at Souths. 35 next year doubt there'd be any interest.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:24 pm

Playing better than anyone we've offered up as hooker this season that's for sure.

hsvjones

Post by hsvjones » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:25 pm

I would take him for the rest of the and a club option for next year depending on behaviour.. Has to be better than our current 9 who cannot pass and run from DH..

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:33 pm

tigertye wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:03 pm
I really want him back and confident we will make 8 if he does and wont if he doesn't

Russell

Post by Russell » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm

The trouble is - when you burn your bridges........

No thanks.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:45 pm

Farah played virtually errorless and was vital in tackling at crucial times. Seems to have not missed a beat. Seems he would really appreciate being back in first grade and doubt he would abuse any chance. This is re-enforced by his respect for Souths for taking him on.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:47 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm
The trouble is - when you burn your bridges........

No thanks.
This round we have the worst hooker and fullback in the nrl. With any luck Mbye will arrive sooner rather than later to address one of those problems, but as long as Liddle is injured having Taylor at hooker is a major concern. I’m not saying Farah is the answer but he’s a big step up on Taylor.. and for the rest of this year only (while Liddle recovers from his injuries) we could do worse.