Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
171
59%
Hell no.
121
41%
 
Total votes: 292

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Post by Russell » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:54 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:47 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm
The trouble is - when you burn your bridges........

No thanks.
This round we have the worst hooker and fullback in the nrl. With any luck Mbye will arrive sooner rather than later to address one of those problems, but as long as Liddle is injured having Taylor at hooker is a major concern. I’m not saying Farah is the answer but he’s a big step up on Taylor.. and for the rest of this year only (while Liddle recovers from his injuries) we could do worse.
Personally I don't think we could do worse. Let's look forward, not backwards Avo.

Names have been bandied around - anyone except imo.


Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4244
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:56 pm

It all depends if we REALLY want to be in the finals or not. By Farah taking on duties this year it will give a perfect opportunity for Liddle to recover and build up. would be win-win-win
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

User avatar
avocadoontoast
Member
Member
Posts: 1090
Joined: Fri 11 Sep, 2009 10:53 am
Location: Parts Unknown

Post by avocadoontoast » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:57 pm

Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:54 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:47 pm
Russell wrote:
Fri 08 Jun, 2018 10:34 pm
The trouble is - when you burn your bridges........

No thanks.
This round we have the worst hooker and fullback in the nrl. With any luck Mbye will arrive sooner rather than later to address one of those problems, but as long as Liddle is injured having Taylor at hooker is a major concern. I’m not saying Farah is the answer but he’s a big step up on Taylor.. and for the rest of this year only (while Liddle recovers from his injuries) we could do worse.
Personally I don't think we could do worse. Let's look forward, not backwards Avo.

Names have been bandied around - anyone except imo.
Fair enough, I can understand why you’d have reservations about bringing him back. I really hope we’re looking for someone though, even just as a stop gap for this season.

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2049
Joined: Mon 29 Aug, 2016 8:52 am

Post by TCL » Fri 08 Jun, 2018 11:07 pm

I would have him back for this year and next.

Hasn't burnt any bridges as a footballer. He always put in when he was on the park. Made some bad calls sure, overplayed his hand at times but never dogged it on the field.

The political mumbo jumbo who cares, water under the bridge. It's a sport/business. If we could use him on the park and the coach thinks it's good why not we could do worse. Like Taylor or godno.

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3229
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm

Would rather get Lovett back.


User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:03 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
Would rather get Lovett back.
And probably more realistic too.

InBenjiWeTrust
Member
Member
Posts: 1955
Joined: Mon 12 Mar, 2012 2:59 pm

Post by InBenjiWeTrust » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:10 pm

Harvey wrote:
Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:00 pm
Would rather get Lovett back.
even better, how about this powerful troyka: John Hapoate/Terry Hill/John Ellias ?
Solves quite a few problems, wing, center and utility :)
They would not cost much !

on the hill
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu 07 Jun, 2018 6:14 pm

Post by on the hill » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:10 pm

Would Farah’s personality fit in with our team and culture?

User avatar
oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 270
Joined: Tue 24 Nov, 2015 4:06 pm
Location: Springwood

Post by oldprop » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:23 pm

Still 2 to 1 against.
Need more props.

Nelson
Member
Member
Posts: 3053
Joined: Sat 31 Oct, 2015 11:17 am

Post by Nelson » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:42 pm

It's never going to happen so just give up on it...

kingbrooks
Member
Member
Posts: 249
Joined: Sun 09 Apr, 2017 9:15 am

Post by kingbrooks » Sat 09 Jun, 2018 12:46 pm

If it stops Godinet, McWillrick and Taylor going near number 9 then definitely.

Liddle is the future and it depends on his fitness and how much game time he will play.

User avatar
hugh1954
Member
Member
Posts: 389
Joined: Fri 17 May, 2013 10:10 pm
Location: Maitland

Post by hugh1954 » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:48 am

I would really like Robbie back at a real good price, to compliment Benji in the future. Farrah's last two games i have seen for souths have been outstanding in attack and defence. Liddle would benefit greatly from having an experienced hooker for next season. 1 year contract why not ?

User avatar
GNR4LIFE
Member
Member
Posts: 21040
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 5:57 pm

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 am

Whose Farrah?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:51 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 am
Whose Farrah?
Fawcett

She was a hottie from the 70's GNR

Didn't think she played league or a hooker at any stage

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 410
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:52 am

I don't see a need to bring him back to compliment Benji in the future, as I don't want Benji to remain in a playing role in the future. Robbie is poison, his ego would derail WT's team-first mentality faster than Mitchell Moses and his uncle Isaac did.

A mentor for Liddle would be good, yes, but not Robbie, or he will wreck Liddle altogether.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
westTAHger
Member
Member
Posts: 4677
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm
Location: North of Hexham Bridge

Post by westTAHger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:05 am

happy tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 am
Whose Farrah?
Fawcett

She was a hottie from the 70's GNR

Didn't think she played league or a hooker at any stage
She was hotter than the lava in Hawaii..
Smokin..... :righton:
Image
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39127
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:06 am

westTAHger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:05 am
happy tiger wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:51 am
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Sun 10 Jun, 2018 10:49 am
Whose Farrah?
Fawcett

She was a hottie from the 70's GNR

Didn't think she played league or a hooker at any stage
She was hotter than the lava in Hawaii..
Smokin..... :righton:
OOOO YEAHHHHH

Russell
Member
Member
Posts: 4355
Joined: Sat 10 Dec, 2011 6:46 pm

Post by Russell » Sun 10 Jun, 2018 11:13 am

It seems these threads and posts never end.

No, No, No, from me again.

Wouldn't let him within five miles of Liddle.

Post Reply