Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

What are your thoughts on signing Robbie Farah back?

Yeah, that would be great.
59%
Hell no.
41%

Total votes: 292

The Patriot

Re: Wests Tigers sign Robbie Farah for 2018 Official

Post by The Patriot » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:28 am

Id limit his media, instruct him not to talk or do interviews even.

No matter what he has to say people will find fault in it. its the way it works around here.
Its an opinion!

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:44 am

from the Warren
.....Lots of Souths fans are reactive and are like lemmings or sheep.

Many banged on about why did Souths sign Farah for so long. The answer was simple. Rusty Crowe as owner made that decision and private ownership means what Rusty wants he gets.

Now many are banging on about why did Souths release Farah back to the Tigers.

All the while without much fanfare Anthony Siebold gets the best out of Robert Farah’s brain and in doing so transforms Cook from a player who panics and throws passes willy-nilly to a SOO player.

So bang on to your hearts content about Farah but give at least a modicum of respect to the coach of a side that lost their 1st 2 games and won 11 of their next 13. Siebold made an agreement with Farah if he could play some NRL at another club then he would not stand in the way of his release.
--------------------------------
Plus there are a lot more sweet things and thanks to Robbie for his short time over there.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:44 am

Haha., yeah... "you people around here"

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:47 am

another comment from Warren:
I’ve gotta say, I’m happy about how this has all played out.

It was sad to see (or imagine) Farah playing out his last season in reggies, and he belongs back at the Tigpies. Good on the club for granting the release, and I’m sure it will benefit our coffers also, not paying however much (at least a few hundred K?) for a backup in red & black.

During his time in the cardinal & myrtle, I could never fault his effort, dedication or professionalism. Just unluckily for him Damien Cook has hit a real purple patch (or been given the opportunity to, by the coach), otherwise it might have been Farah eyeing off a potential premiership with our great club.

Best of luck to Robbie. He’s been a solid player all his career and a good clubman.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:51 am

for beginners like myself this tidbit from Warren is the best job description I have seen of DH which is why they are special
--------------------------
Clark and Doueihi have a passing game.

Do they? Do they though? There is so much more to it than that. Are their passes consistently on target? How about their ability to pass left to right as well as right to left? And then under pressure? Passes need to be put in front of the intended receiver not behind them, or at their shoulder, knees, head or too far in front of them. Take note Michael Lichaa!

What if the runner is ahead of the pass, do they have the acceleration to dart out from dummy half to put them onside and attract defenders?

What about being able to pass behind a runner to a playmaker when there are bodies in motion? What about cut out passes, face passes, hard face balls and soft hands so that big forwards at short distance don’t spill the pill?

What about their ability to read defensive lapses and take advantage of an opportunity? What about ad lib when there are no options from dummy half? And I haven’t talked about a short or long kicking game or deception, dummy passes, slight of hand and misdirection. The things players like Cam Smith and Damien Cook excel at.

Clark has the defensive demands covered but I am far from convinced about Doueihi.
-----------------------------------------
I think even Russell could learn some of the finer points from the place he despises.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:00 am

What's your user name over there Byron....?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:08 am

magpiecol wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm
foreveratiger wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:00 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
Such a bad decision by the board, No one is buying tickets for the Leichhardt game

Except every man and his dog is. It will be a sell out!
They are selling quick :lol: Bloody Farah the germ look what his done .

I've changed my mind i'll be flying down for it :D Sunday afternoon ,Leichardt , Farah , Mbye , hot doggie stand , Norton street Pub
And people still want to ask how is Leichhardt better than Campbelltown??? Just get to the old girl next game and watch it all unfold
No thanks.
Why?
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:08 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:28 am
Id limit his media, instruct him not to talk or do interviews even.

No matter what he has to say people will find fault in it. its the way it works around here.
Did you ever consider the possibility that what he says tends to have fault in it? Or do you just blindly disagree because "it's the way it works around here"?

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:14 am

Geo. wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:00 am
What's your user name over there Byron....?
The guy who has been copping all the flak there for months - Chess Player, dead give-a-way

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:31 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 7:51 am
for beginners like myself this tidbit from Warren is the best job description I have seen of DH which is why they are special

Do they? Do they though? There is so much more to it than that. Are their passes consistently on target? How about their ability to pass left to right as well as right to left? And then under pressure? Passes need to be put in front of the intended receiver not behind them, or at their shoulder, knees, head or too far in front of them. Take note Michael Lichaa!

What if the runner is ahead of the pass, do they have the acceleration to dart out from dummy half to put them onside and attract defenders?

What about being able to pass behind a runner to a playmaker when there are bodies in motion? What about cut out passes, face passes, hard face balls and soft hands so that big forwards at short distance don’t spill the pill?

What about their ability to read defensive lapses and take advantage of an opportunity? What about ad lib when there are no options from dummy half? And I haven’t talked about a short or long kicking game or deception, dummy passes, slight of hand and misdirection. The things players like Cam Smith and Damien Cook excel at.

Clark has the defensive demands covered but I am far from convinced about Doueihi.
I think even Russell could learn some of the finer points from the place he despises.
I could learn absolutely nothing from that scum of a club except how to cheat.

And I don't want to learn that.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:41 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:08 am
magpiecol wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 11:40 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 10:06 pm
foreveratiger wrote:

I've changed my mind i'll be flying down for it :D Sunday afternoon ,Leichardt , Farah , Mbye , hot doggie stand , Norton street Pub
And people still want to ask how is Leichhardt better than Campbelltown??? Just get to the old girl next game and watch it all unfold
No thanks.
Why?
Some just have never embraced the merge steve
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:45 am

larrycorowa wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 5:22 am
foreveratiger wrote:
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:43 pm
Such a bad decision by the board, No one is buying tickets for the Leichhardt game

Except every man and his dog is. It will be a sell out!

Yep all sins forgiven....it’s a good idea. How much are the tiks?
Your pulling my leg , stop being sarcastic :lol: :lol:
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:48 am

Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:31 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

They may have a rookie head coach that is achieving better results than the coach we had a while back. Knows how to press the right buttons with player instead of antagonising them.

the guy who wrote that article may have been a coach and even ex-hooker to be able to go into so much depth.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:02 am

If I wanna read crap from souths fans I will join their forum... Please stop posting other forums comments here

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:04 am

Lets put a couple of things in perspective in relation to LO and CSS...The Balmain Tigers home ground was used by the club from 1934 -1994 and 1997-1999..

CSS was previously Orana Park and was used by Campo teams playing in group six for many years...the Magpies had LIDCOMBE oval and then went to Campbelltown and have only had a brief history with the ground compared to "the fortress"of LO...

In 2005 the CSS hosted a game between WTs and Cowboys...a record crowd of 20,547 attended the game..the ground capacity is listed as 20,000...

If the WTs can start winning consistently and have further stability within its ranks then there is no reason that CSS cant become a popular venue to go and watch the games there..the Railway station is a stones throw from the ground and the facilities are very good..

If the new COE becomes a reality then the CSS will probably become a thing of the past,however in the mean time we should try and go to the games at CSS to help the club as we all like to see it prosper..this is just my personal opinion ….
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:09 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:04 am
Lets put a couple of things in perspective in relation to LO and CSS...The Balmain Tigers home ground was used by the club from 1934 -1994 and 1997-1999..

CSS was previously Orana Park and was used by Campo teams playing in group six for many years...the Magpies had LIDCOMBE oval and then went to Campbelltown and have only had a brief history with the ground compared to "the fortress"of LO...

In 2005 the CSS hosted a game between WTs and Cowboys...a record crowd of 20,547 attended the game..the ground capacity is listed as 20,000...

If the WTs can start winning consistently and have further stability within its ranks then there is no reason that CSS cant become a popular venue to go and watch the games there..the Railway station is a stones throw from the ground and the facilities are very good..

If the new COE becomes a reality then the CSS will probably become a thing of the past,however in the mean time we should try and go to the games at CSS to help the club as we all like to see it prosper..this is just my personal opinion ….
Sorry guys posted in the wrong thread....must be getting Alziemers...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Russell

Post by Russell » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 9:22 am

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:48 am
Russell wrote:
Thu 21 Jun, 2018 8:31 am
Byron Bay Fan wrote:

They may have a rookie head coach that is achieving better results than the coach we had a while back. Knows how to press the right buttons with player instead of antagonising them.

the guy who wrote that article may have been a coach and even ex-hooker to be able to go into so much depth.
You don't get it - do you BBF.

I don't give a rats what they have to offer, individually or as a club and as Ink says if we wanted to read what their pathetic supporters have to say we would go to their site. But we don't.

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 21 Jun, 2018 10:02 am

Lets hope the incompetents in charge at the NRL decide the "fairytale" of the return of Benji/Robbie with the resurgance of WT is what they would like to see in 2018.I am not holding my breath but it would be good to see us getting 50/50 calls instead of us being on the wrong end of blatant cheating from the officials like we are