Tim Simona

tsjonathan

Re: Tim Simona

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 2:51 pm

We all make mistakes, he's shown contrition.

matchball

Post by matchball » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:13 pm

I forgotten about this yesterday's hero.
I have no sympathy. He knew what he was doing. He is only sorry he got caught.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:22 pm

The NRL has given plenty of people a second chance for some pretty horrendous things. What TS did, was it worse than Lodge...

What he did he will have to live with for the rest of his life and to me that is enough punishment to fit the crime. I would let him back into the NRL even as a player..Call me soft but I just dont see what you achieve by banning him from the game

Demps

Post by Demps » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:25 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 3:22 pm
The NRL has given plenty of people a second chance for some pretty horrendous things. What TS did, was it worse than Lodge...

What he did he will have to live with for the rest of his life and to me that is enough punishment to fit the crime. I would let him back into the NRL even as a player..Call me soft but I just dont see what you achieve by banning him from the game
Same.
But I will never cheer for him. He lost me as a fan. Disgrace.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:19 pm

supercoach wrote:

A little thing called consequence- sadly a long forgotten word
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:19 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 4:19 pm
supercoach wrote:

Agreed, but we have to be consistent, we can not be giving a blokes like Lodge or Packer a second chance and locking the door on a guy like Tim. I dont want him at the Tigers, but if he could get a gig elsewhere I am okay with that

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:49 pm

supercoach wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:19 pm
Tiger Steve wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Agreed, but we have to be consistent, we can not be giving a blokes like Lodge or Packer a second chance and locking the door on a guy like Tim. I dont want him at the Tigers, but if he could get a gig elsewhere I am okay with that
I'm ok with him coming back to play, but not just yet, It's too soon. I think he needs a little more time out of the game to reflect on what he did and try to make up for it in other ways in the community. Ftr, I don't think Lodge should be playing at all after what he did. He has done no time and still shows no remorse for his actions, which were way worse than betting on teams and throwing matches, imo.

Spacecub

Post by Spacecub » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:52 pm

Dont think gus would touch him with a 10ft pole....grub of the highest order

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:55 pm

NEVER EVER

willow

Post by willow » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 5:58 pm

Panthers boss Phil Gould is out to give disgraced former Tiger Tim Simona a lifeline
JUNE 20, 20187:50AM

PANTHERS General Manager Phil Gould has formally approached the NRL integrity unit on behalf of disgraced former player Tim Simona, according to the Daily Telegraph.

Simona, who was exiled from the game over fraud, betting, and drugs offences, is seeking to participate in some of the Panthers’ extensive school outreach and community programs.

The disgraced former Tigers player wants to return as a welfare officer and Gould believes he should get a second chance, just not on the field.

“Regardless of any future opportunity to return to the NRL, Tim is doing his best to make up for his mistakes of the past,” Gould said.

“He has been quite proactive.

“Tim approached us about allowing him to be involved in our community and schools programs.

“He has been doing community work of his own, but wants to do more. He wants to assist and believes others can learn from his story.”

Gould has also spoken to the Panthers board about supporting Simona, however the final decision on his return to the game will ultimately come from the NRL.

“Part of this is obviously wanting to prove to the NRL he is worthy of another chance,” Gould said on Tuesday.

“I have spoken to the NRL integrity unit and Panthers board about the possibility of assisting Tim.”

“We have the resources and programs to allow Tim to prove himself,” Gould said.

“If the NRL thinks this is a good opportunity to rehabilitate Tim, we can assist.

“Whether he returns to the game is irrelevant at this stage.”

Simona played 79 NRL matches for the Tigers from 2011 to 2016.

The outside back was deregistered by the NRL last year after he was found guilty of betting on matches, while representing the Tigers.

He was placed on an 18-month good behaviour bond after pleading guilty to “dishonestly obtaining property by deception”.

Simona kept money from the sale of jumpers which had been promised to children’s charity Camp Quality. He then used it to gamble and buy drugs.

The NRL is yet to make a comment.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:32 pm

If it helps makes him a better person in the long run, then its a good thing.

Many ex addicts and alchos work in that area in counselling...good luck to him.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 6:38 pm

Was a big fan and just didnt want to believe any of it. Glad to hear that he is sorting himself out..and if and when the time is right would be happy to see him get another crack.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
supercoach wrote:

I'm not - anyone who rips off charities should have faced goal time imo.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:59 pm

Some charities rip off the public more so than what Tim has done. eg. raising millions only to keeping 80% of that in house to cover 'expenses & wages'.

He's already been subject to public humiliation and his wrongs have resulted in him losing a great gig which has most likely resulted in losing millions of potential earnings over his career.
That is enough punishment on the young kid. No need to have a negative mindset on something which was trivial to begin with.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:16 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 20 Jun, 2018 7:17 pm
supercoach wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
supercoach wrote:

I'm not - anyone who rips off charities should have faced goal time imo.
Did he actually rip off a charity? He got people to give him money for his possessions while suggestion the money they paid would go to charity, when in fact he kept it. I would suggest he ripped off those people that purchased the goods and perhaps paid overs thinking it was going to a good cause rather than coke & gambling.

It is like when you are signed up by one of the charity hawkers that now stalk public areas. The money you donate is paying them a wage and commission, paying a board, accountants and various other hangers on, while the people the charity supposedly supports are lucky to get 40c in every $ donated.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 8:51 pm

Hope he gets a chance to redeem himself, sounds like he's making an effort, good luck to him

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:11 pm

supercoach wrote:
Tiger Steve wrote:
supercoach wrote:

Can’t argue against that SuperCoach. Good point.
I get sick of idiots being rescued (cue Suli) but what’s good for one is good for another as you say.
I just feel that there is so much arrogance with these young guys because there’s no accountability
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Wed 20 Jun, 2018 9:26 pm

I would say let him play NRL again in time but not at our club. Big no thanks.