Wests Tigers announce player movements

Ivan cleary
Member
Member
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue 30 May, 2017 4:46 pm

Re: Wests Tigers announce player movements

Post by Ivan cleary » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:44 pm

TYGA wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:39 pm
FOD001 wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
The word is Robbie is killing it at training and the team is looking sharp. I’d keep him for one more year and then go after Someone like Havili as backup to Liddle
I have no doubt Farah will get an extension if he plays well this year.

He suits the way this team is constructed we have a running half, 5/8 and fullback. We need creativity. He also will tackle the house down and you will see Mats and Packer run for many more metres with him. He is good at bringing forwards into the ball.
I think with Farah and ET in the middle they will make 90tackles a game between them.
.


Pawsandclaws
Member
Member
Posts: 3095
Joined: Sat 20 Jun, 2015 5:53 pm

Post by Pawsandclaws » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 2:05 pm

supercoach wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:13 am
Probably been asked before but is Garner a relative of Frog Eyes garner x Manly and Balmain winger???

Also I expect garner will now get a run in the top grade if and when our season is done and dusted and I get the feeling that could be sooner rather than latter
No that was Russell Gartner. Garner is a Qld product
.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 3:39 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:44 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:39 pm
FOD001 wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
The word is Robbie is killing it at training and the team is looking sharp. I’d keep him for one more year and then go after Someone like Havili as backup to Liddle
I have no doubt Farah will get an extension if he plays well this year.

He suits the way this team is constructed we have a running half, 5/8 and fullback. We need creativity. He also will tackle the house down and you will see Mats and Packer run for many more metres with him. He is good at bringing forwards into the ball.
I think with Farah and ET in the middle they will make 90tackles a game between them.
.

Wise words ivan.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1403
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 3:43 pm

Ivan cleary wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:44 pm
TYGA wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 1:39 pm
FOD001 wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 11:35 am
The word is Robbie is killing it at training and the team is looking sharp. I’d keep him for one more year and then go after Someone like Havili as backup to Liddle
I have no doubt Farah will get an extension if he plays well this year.

He suits the way this team is constructed we have a running half, 5/8 and fullback. We need creativity. He also will tackle the house down and you will see Mats and Packer run for many more metres with him. He is good at bringing forwards into the ball.
I think with Farah and ET in the middle they will make 90tackles a game between them.
.
Agree however signing the sharks bench 9 from png might prevent this. Cant remember name.

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33022
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 6:59 pm

Good moves by the club on both fronts IMO. Pleased for Garner and good luck to McIlwrick.


User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:30 pm

barra wrote:
Fri 29 Jun, 2018 2:59 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 29 Jun, 2018 2:07 pm
Great to see Garner upgraded. Surprised it didn’t happen earlier but have a feeling this has been on the cards for a while.

Liddle the only hooker on the books for next year now.
The plot thickens...
We have ET 8-)

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2506
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 8:03 pm

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 7:30 pm
barra wrote:
Fri 29 Jun, 2018 2:59 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Fri 29 Jun, 2018 2:07 pm
Great to see Garner upgraded. Surprised it didn’t happen earlier but have a feeling this has been on the cards for a while.

Liddle the only hooker on the books for next year now.
The plot thickens...
We have ET 8-)
Oh god no :o
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2770
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 9:59 pm

RF for this year only, mentioning role for Liddle next year.

Donald Trump
Member
Member
Posts: 454
Joined: Tue 15 Nov, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Donald Trump » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:18 pm

Hopefully people don’t forget Taylor was never brought here to play hooker. He’d play wherever he’s told.

I love the way this guy plays. 100% heart.

He is a great lock
Let's make the Tigers great again!

User avatar
Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 2937
Joined: Thu 06 Apr, 2017 2:57 pm
Location: Tweed Heads

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:26 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Sat 30 Jun, 2018 10:18 pm
Hopefully people don’t forget Taylor was never brought here to play hooker. He’d play wherever he’s told.

I love the way this guy plays. 100% heart.

He is a great lock
Yeah I was just having a laugh I rate him at lock.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:47 pm

Garner will benefit from a good off season ...he shows promise ,but got knocked about pretty regularly in the top grade

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29264
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:50 pm

damn...just a bump

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 4055
Joined: Fri 07 Jun, 2013 7:33 pm

Post by formerguest » Tue 18 Sep, 2018 7:57 pm

Yeah, a short burst of anticipation, then nothing. Well, nothing new.

Post Reply