New forwards needed for 2019

WestsBenTigers

Re: New forwards needed for 2019

Post by WestsBenTigers » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:19 am

Demps wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:39 am
So McDud has played two games?
Can anyway tell me he looked interested at any point in either?
Sounds like a McDonalds burger

Demps

Post by Demps » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:28 am

WestsBenTigers wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:19 am
Demps wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 7:39 am
So McDud has played two games?
Can anyway tell me he looked interested at any point in either?
Sounds like a McDonalds burger
Been dropped on the floor a few times.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:30 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 6:57 am
The sad part is these boys were holding their own against the best sides late last season and early this season its sad seeing it go bad again.
We need to find out what the Bugess brothers (Tom and George) did to turn it around. Probably best front row going around this year.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:38 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
The sad part is these boys were holding their own against the best sides late last season and early this season its sad seeing it go bad again.
It seems to me that the team has lost the confidence that they had during the early part of the season,panic plays,trying for the miracle to happen and then digging a bigger hole for themselves that they cant get out of because they lack the intimidation factor that other teams have..
In other words they drop the bundle instead of playing sensible football and doing the basic things right first and foremost...
at this level,losing possesion,bad passing and poor play the balls should all be at a bare minimum or not at all...these errors were a constant against the Titans,they capitalised on them and our guys couldnt recover...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:47 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:38 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
It seems to me that the team has lost the confidence that they had during the early part of the season,panic plays,trying for the miracle to happen and then digging a bigger hole for themselves that they cant get out of because they lack the intimidation factor that other teams have..
In other words they drop the bundle instead of playing sensible football and doing the basic things right first and foremost...
at this level,losing possesion,bad passing and poor play the balls should all be at a bare minimum or not at all...these errors were a constant against the Titans,they capitalised on them and our guys couldnt recover...

I think its a combination of benji being injured and was playing injured. Ive been saying he was the real game manager those first few rounds.

I think the form is lost with all these changes cant see them finding it this season.

We one top line qld front rower short. Who do we target.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:55 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:47 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

I think its a combination of benji being injured and was playing injured. Ive been saying he was the real game manager those first few rounds.

I think the form is lost with all these changes cant see them finding it this season.

I agree with you nucky in regards to Benji being a good game manager,however we have all been told that this is Brooks team,he should be managing and controlling much better than he is...maybe he is lacking confidence because Benji is not there...granted the forwards arent delivering and it makes it slightly more difficult for him to produce good outcomes..but I think his kicking and last tackle options have to improve more for this level of football..
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am

How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:25 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
So what is the problem ,I agree and this overachieving line wears thin especially as you said this team is competitive,could have won 5 games so what is the problem

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am

Geo. wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:16 am
How is the best Half arguably ever going at controlling the game this year behind a pack of plodders...?
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:30 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:
The plodder forward pack had nothing to do with Brooks being caught twice with the ball on the 5 th go figure
Under 10’s crap
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:30 am

Snake wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:28 am
Geo. wrote:

Yeah like that only ever happens to us..twice...OMG
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:39 am

You cant critique a performance by discounting the opposition.
Ash Taylor quality half behind a great pack-so much better man for man than ours - 60% posession lopsided tackle count. They win.
Ryan, Procter, Arrow, Wallace, Hipgrave - please - would take all, or any of them.
Next year they will have Boyd as well!

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:48 am

TrueTiger wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:55 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:47 am
TrueTiger wrote:
Nucky Thompson wrote:

I agree with you nucky in regards to Benji being a good game manager,however we have all been told that this is Brooks team,he should be managing and controlling much better than he is...maybe he is lacking confidence because Benji is not there...granted the forwards arent delivering and it makes it slightly more difficult for him to produce good outcomes..but I think his kicking and last tackle options have to improve more for this level of football..
He struggles with simplifying the game and game management always has and alwsys will by the look of it.

I wish nathan would let everyone know what his doing doesn't look too happy at Panthers

barra

Post by barra » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 10:33 am

Telltails wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 8:30 am
Nucky Thompson wrote:
We need to find out what the Bugess brothers (Tom and George) did to turn it around. Probably best front row going around this year.
Identified that they needed different training because of their personal physical strengths/weaknesses and customised regimes. At least that's the physical side.

Post by 851 » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 4:38 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 9:39 am
Ash Taylor quality half behind a great pack-so much better man for man than ours - 60% posession lopsided tackle count. They win.
Ryan, Procter, Arrow, Wallace, Hipgrave - please - would take all, or any of them.
They were behind us on the ladder before sunday, they are now equal with us, 3 weeks ago they were favourites for the spoon. They are no world beaters
Go hard or go home

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 4:38 pm
Telltails wrote:
They were behind us on the ladder before sunday, they are now equal with us, 3 weeks ago they were favourites for the spoon. They are no world beaters
Not suggesting they are world beaters 851 but they do have a great pack and a very good half. Our pack seems to have hit a brick wall and would have trouble matching them with an even share of posession, let alone having only 40%.
We are going to struggle against every team we play in our current form especially if we end up in a position of having 40% possession and forwards not making metres.
Our backs arnt great but they have a crack.The forwards however just seem to be getting dominated every week of late - and not sure how we combat that. We have tried all the options to little effect. Thats all.

Post by 851 » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:42 pm

Telltails wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm
851 wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Not suggesting they are world beaters 851 but they do have a great pack and a very good half. Our pack seems to have hit a brick wall and would have trouble matching them with an even share of posession, let alone having only 40%.
We are going to struggle against every team we play in our current form especially if we end up in a position of having 40% possession and forwards not making metres.
Our backs arnt great but they have a crack.The forwards however just seem to be getting dominated every week of late - and not sure how we combat that. We have tried all the options to little effect. Thats all.
Granted our forwards are not lighting it up, but the backs dropped plenty of ball that would have given us an even share of possesion, we are not good enough to give away cheap penalties and cheap possession from dropped ball.
And the very good half you mention is not as old or as experienced as Brooks, go figure, our problems are many, Mbye and Farah addressed 2, just hope we can fix the rest mate
Go hard or go home

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:52 pm

851 wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:42 pm
Telltails wrote:
Tue 03 Jul, 2018 5:23 pm
851 wrote:
Telltails wrote:
Granted our forwards are not lighting it up, but the backs dropped plenty of ball that would have given us an even share of possesion, we are not good enough to give away cheap penalties and cheap possession from dropped ball.
And the very good half you mention is not as old or as experienced as Brooks, go figure, our problems are many, Mbye and Farah addressed 2, just hope we can fix the rest mate
Me too - just starting to feel like ground hog day. Same old same old.
Another week off might do some good.