Father and son broncos or roosters

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Re: Father and son broncos or roosters

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sun 08 Jul, 2018 11:07 pm

Most knew this year was going to be tough with Ivan doing the ground work. But our first 2 months we really overachieved and got our hopes up. I will still be very disappointment if we don't make the 8 but wont be calling for the coaches head year 1 into his rebuild, doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he does.

Some really tough games coming up but hopefully we can cause some upsets and bolster our team. Very small chance we can make the 8 this year but it is still possible.

I agree with most people and our engine room needs work and the people that need surgery should get it done now if they are struggling.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 5:34 am

colmcd wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:30 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
Yep those 2 wins from our last 10 must have rival clubs salivating at the thought of getting Ivan.
Did anything need to be said beyond this!
Roosters, NO. Trent Robertson is doing good there.
Cowboys, will stick with Green who gave them a premiership.
Penrith, will only consider Ivan to keep Nathan. Or if the Broncos buy Anthony Griffin.

If we were still in the top 4. I would believe Brisbane or Gold Coast or someone with money would be after Ivan.
Our team has problems. Ivan is trying to work through them. Ivan is not succeeding yet, but give him a year.

All said and done, Ivan is no Supercoach. He is a decent coach, that can make the finals. Lets see how the team transforms.
Thoes 2 wins from 10 will hopefully be telling IC more about what he needs for the future than those 5 wins from 6 earlier on

bathursttiger

Post by bathursttiger » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:30 am

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 5:34 am
colmcd wrote:
Sun 08 Jul, 2018 10:30 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Fri 06 Jul, 2018 8:34 am
Yep those 2 wins from our last 10 must have rival clubs salivating at the thought of getting Ivan.
Did anything need to be said beyond this!
Roosters, NO. Trent Robertson is doing good there.
Cowboys, will stick with Green who gave them a premiership.
Penrith, will only consider Ivan to keep Nathan. Or if the Broncos buy Anthony Griffin.

If we were still in the top 4. I would believe Brisbane or Gold Coast or someone with money would be after Ivan.
Our team has problems. Ivan is trying to work through them. Ivan is not succeeding yet, but give him a year.

All said and done, Ivan is no Supercoach. He is a decent coach, that can make the finals. Lets see how the team transforms.
Thoes 2 wins from 10 will hopefully be telling IC more about what he needs for the future than those 5 wins from 6 earlier on
Hey Ink

You been to a health retreat, amazing transformation, can you tell me which clinic you went to I need help too.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:42 am

So roosters out of the running with Robbo extending for four years.....

Broncos? Penrith? Or tigers for the Clearys?
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am

Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:42 am

My money is on tigers.
Danny Weidler’s Sunday SMH article seems to point to that outcome. Mentions also that decision will be made in next few weeks.

Demps

Post by Demps » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:58 am

momo&medo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Demps wrote:

My money is on tigers.
Danny Weidler’s Sunday SMH article seems to point to that outcome. Mentions also that decision will be made in next few weeks.
Weidler has no idea.
Hasn't Nathan said for ages now he isn't making a choice till his birthday in November?

I hope this is the case tho.
Brooks can play the background (#6) and let nate dawg run the ship.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 10:15 am

Ivan will still go to the Rorters as Assistant and Nathan handler on $4 million a year..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Mon 09 Jul, 2018 1:06 pm

Demps wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:58 am
momo&medo wrote:
Mon 09 Jul, 2018 9:56 am
Demps wrote:

My money is on tigers.
Weidler has no idea.
Hasn't Nathan said for ages now he isn't making a choice till his birthday in November?

I hope this is the case tho.
Brooks can play the background (#6) and let nate dawg run the ship.
If it happens I’d say Robbie and Benji retire Cleary and Brooks are half’s and Reynolds and Little share hooking role. Reynolds and Gamble backup half’s.

Elderslie Tiger

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm

Do we need a million dollar plus player on our books what will it do to team balance and harmony/ culture they are building.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 3:47 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm
Do we need a million dollar plus player on our books what will it do to team balance and harmony/ culture they are building.
YES!!!!!!!!!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 3:52 pm

If you’ve paid attention to what was said in the Wilder article. It mentioned Nathan’s future will be sorted out within the next 2 weeks.
Doesn’t that point to signing an extension with the club?
If it’s anything else, he or the club can’t announce it until he is officially on the open market re: November.
Correct me if I’m wrong...
Anyone else see Nathan extending his contract a year so that him and Ivan can move on at the same time?

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 5:31 pm

Elderslie Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 12:19 pm
The last ten weeks are a pretty strong indication that the harmony/culture we've built sucks. We need some decent players.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 5:46 pm

I don’t think Nathan is coming. I know Ivan is wearing two hats as a coach and a father but I think this is how he will see it. As a father, he’ll want Nathan to look after himself and get th best possible deal at the club that best suits him. As a coach, as great as the kid is, he isn’t a necessity for us, when you look at our forwards. He might be a player we want, but he isn’t one we need.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 5:55 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 5:46 pm
I don’t think Nathan is coming. I know Ivan is wearing two hats as a coach and a father but I think this is how he will see it. As a father, he’ll want Nathan to look after himself and get th best possible deal at the club that best suits him. As a coach, as great as the kid is, he isn’t a necessity for us, when you look at our forwards. He might be a player we want, but he isn’t one we need.
He’s also overrated.
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:07 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Very measured post.
I feel the same, although we don’t know exactly how Ivan is feeling about all this your post sums it up in the most logical way possible.
Some of Ivan’s past quotes have backed up this line of thinking.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:09 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 5:55 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
He’s also overrated.

Ash Taylor Over rated or just over rated..?
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:09 pm
hobbo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
He’s also overrated.

#maloney
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:18 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:12 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 6:09 pm
hobbo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:
He’s also overrated.

#maloney
Nathan won't be coming until he sees the basis of a forward pack that can get the job done EVERY week