Lolohea off the bus - Official

magpiecol

Re: Lolohea off the bus - Official

Post by magpiecol » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 10:50 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:28 pm
Yep just like the plethora of past players who asked for a release. ..we didn't pay for any of them either to play elsewhere :roll:
Not if they asked for a release.

;)

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't know either way, but the first part of any of any potential movement involves the club giving the player permission to negotiate. Whether or not in this case that included a hand tapping on the shoulder at the same time is up for debate, but my thoughts are leaning that way and particularly post Mbye boarding.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:17 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 9:31 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 5:50 pm
Harvey wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:56 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:17 pm
Good to see Cleary making moves with players who aren’t performing. As he is going to super league and has asked for a release we won’t be paying any of his wages.
That is not quite how it works. We will be paying the difference between what he was owed and his Leeds contract. Hopefully they are paying him plenty
Yes it is how it works. He has been released from his contract at his request to take up a contract in super league. We don’t have to top up anything.
Moses Mbye requested an early release from his Buldogs contract to take one up with us so I guess that means they don't have to top up anything either..he was also released from his contract. .

Each cas is different true given Lolohea torm who to say he wasnt given permission to look elsewhere

Idk if we are or are not topping up any of his salary just to assume we aren't because he asked d for a release is not the case...
I think your a bit off here. Mbeye did not leave the bulldogs of his own accord, if it was up to him he would have stayed their this year as well. Bulldogs cap situation meant they had to offload some players. That is why they are topping up his contract, because they needed him gone not because he wanted out.

steve-o

Post by steve-o » Thu 12 Jul, 2018 11:24 pm

I doubt we will be paying Lolohea anything once he starts with Leeds - we signed him from warriors reserve grade so based on that I wouldn’t think we signed him for a huge contract.... I reckon his Leeds contract would be more than what we were paying him.
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Storm, Roosters, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:56 am

Haha this thread just highlites that no one really knows what's going on and people that need to be seen as being in the know have some insecurity issues lol lol lol

Chicken Faced Killa

Post by Chicken Faced Killa » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:30 am

The real question is, if we are topping up part of his salary do we only need 29 players next year?

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 6:40 am

I was always under the impression that if a player decided to play in a non NRL competition after being released at the players request that the old club was not liable to pay any difference in pay.This i always thought was completely different to going to another NRL club where you can be liable to pay the difference.
I could be totally wrong in this but would like some clarification.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 7:27 am

A little common sense?

A number of posters have now said that topping up only applies if you go from NRL club to NRL club. Going to Super league means a complete release of your current contract.

Makes perfect sense and whats more i'd say his Super League contract would be 1.5 to 2 x what we were paying him anyhow.
Its an opinion!

Nelson

Post by Nelson » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 8:14 am

The Patriot wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 7:27 am
A little common sense?

A number of posters have now said that topping up only applies if you go from NRL club to NRL club. Going to Super league means a complete release of your current contract.

Makes perfect sense and whats more i'd say his Super League contract would be 1.5 to 2 x what we were paying him anyhow.
Thinking about it in terms of contracts I doubt it makes any difference where the player is going, be it ESL or NRL. There is a playing contract in place between club and player. If they want to end it (other than in the case of a breach) then they need to negotiate a release. A release could involve just a complete end to the relationship with no ongoing obligations (if it's in the mutual interests of the parties) or it could involve an ongoing payment from club to player. Which of those it involves will depend on the reasons for the release. Where a club is moving a player on against the player's will then the player is not likely to agree to a release that sees them financially worse off, so the release is probably going to involve some ongoing payment from the club as consideration for the player moving on to a worse financial situation (if they're going from a $300Kpa contract to a $200Kpa contract). It shouldn't matter whether that worse financial situation is here, or the ESL or in Rugby Union.

The caveat to that is how the NRL treats any payments made to players who are no longer playing in the NRL and, given club funding by the NRL, whether they allow clubs to make payments to players that go to different codes/leagues. I don't know anything about that.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:28 pm

I think Ivan's recruitment of Tui has worked out perfectly well. He brought him to WT's to fill a hole that appeared when Moses jumped ship- how many other potential utility backs were available pre 30 June to do this?? He had a connection with Tui and I am sure presented him with an opportunity to play NRL at 5/8 with a further chance to play fullback this season. The rest was up to Tui.
Personally, as much as I was hopeful that he might show some of his early career form, I though after watching him that he didn't have the qualities that were needed at 5/8. Much to the horror of many posters I often questioned all the hype around him. I rarely saw all the "X Factor" that some were spruiking. In the end it seemed to be attitude and hunger (for success) more than ability that let him down and forced Ivan to relegate him.
Realising that he was falling well down the pecking order he has found a gig in the ESL that will suit him better and requested a release from the Club. The WT's have obliged requiring no payment or top up.
I can't see how it could have gone any better really!

Just planting the seed... but if things don't improve in a big way for Reynolds next season, I can see the same thing happening with him.

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:30 pm

P.S. Sorry further to the above... The idea of playing Tui at Fullback while we still had Teddy would have been just ridiculous!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:59 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 5:56 am
Haha this thread just highlites that no one really knows what's going on and people that need to be seen as being in the know have some insecurity issues lol lol lol
Thanks for highlighting people who make no input in a thread whatsoever but need to put their 5 cents for fear they will be forgotten or not mentioned. If you have nothing of note to add to a thread then just walk along and save us that 5 seconds we just wasted reading your post.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 3:44 pm

Hook, line & sinker

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:00 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 2:28 pm
I think Ivan's recruitment of Tui has worked out perfectly well. He brought him to WT's to fill a hole that appeared when Moses jumped ship- how many other potential utility backs were available pre 30 June to do this?? He had a connection with Tui and I am sure presented him with an opportunity to play NRL at 5/8 with a further chance to play fullback this season. The rest was up to Tui.
Personally, as much as I was hopeful that he might show some of his early career form, I though after watching him that he didn't have the qualities that were needed at 5/8. Much to the horror of many posters I often questioned all the hype around him. I rarely saw all the "X Factor" that some were spruiking. In the end it seemed to be attitude and hunger (for success) more than ability that let him down and forced Ivan to relegate him.
Realising that he was falling well down the pecking order he has found a gig in the ESL that will suit him better and requested a release from the Club. The WT's have obliged requiring no payment or top up.
I can't see how it could have gone any better really!

Just planting the seed... but if things don't improve in a big way for Reynolds next season, I can see the same thing happening with him.
In that case it was a short sighted recruitment that was sealed with a much longer contract

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:07 pm

At the height of the JT/Robbie round 1 drama Robbie requested a release. That would have been perfect as we would not have had to pay 700k for him to play at Souths.

It normally works like this
Player is entitled to his contracted amount
Player and club realise it is not working out
Club tells player to look around
Player comes back and says they can get a gig at club X for Y $ per year

It is then a decision of whether the club is happy to pay the difference and release him, or keep the player until there is a better offer

madunit

Post by madunit » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:31 am

Harvey wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:56 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 12 Jul, 2018 4:17 pm
Good to see Cleary making moves with players who aren’t performing. As he is going to super league and has asked for a release we won’t be paying any of his wages.
That is not quite how it works. We will be paying the difference between what he was owed and his Leeds contract. Hopefully they are paying him plenty
Nope. Tui asked for a release because he got offered huge coin in the UK. Tigers aren't paying him out.

There were two clubs fighting for him in England. The one that lost out had a 500k (AUD) deal in front of him and Leeds topped it. No idea what they offered.

madunit

Post by madunit » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 2:37 am

Harvey wrote:
Fri 13 Jul, 2018 4:07 pm
At the height of the JT/Robbie round 1 drama Robbie requested a release. That would have been perfect as we would not have had to pay 700k for him to play at Souths.

It normally works like this
Player is entitled to his contracted amount
Player and club realise it is not working out
Club tells player to look around
Player comes back and says they can get a gig at club X for Y $ per year

It is then a decision of whether the club is happy to pay the difference and release him, or keep the player until there is a better offer
From what I heard, the Tigers paid out the backended part of Farah's old contract (which was money owed to him from his previous deal, where he agreed to a pay cut to help the club stay under the cap, in return they backended his contract. He just wanted that old contract paid out, as that was his money he should have already had. That's fair enough.)

The extension he signed after that deal he waived, to go and play at Souths.

Farah's contract was much trickier. Probably not the best one to use as an example.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 19 Jul, 2018 6:47 am

We paid a motza to have farah leave. One of the Worst decision the club ever made did it to supposedly give players control who left the club anyway.

You have to just shake your head and thank god for ivan.

As buzz said taylor you are a goose.