Lolohea off the bus - Official

Needaname

Re: Lolohea off the bus - Official

Post by Needaname » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:27 pm

Didn’t think it applied with players going to ESL from NRL.???
Does he start playing 6 until the end of the year?

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:14 pm
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 7:51 pm
He will probably do well at 5/8 in the Super League, hope it works out for him.

Good that he was released so we arnt paying anything as I think he was on a pretty decent contract with us.
Curtis Sironen Robbie Farah and many many others were also released and our now very own Moses Mbye were also released from playing contracts..does not mean the respective former Clubs aren't carrying freight..
Doubt we are paying anything. Writing was on the wall for him he would of kicked stones in ISP all of 2019 and probably lose his Tongan spot and no chance any club would throw 3 years at him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:20 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:16 pm
Geo. wrote:
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 7:51 pm
He will probably do well at 5/8 in the Super League, hope it works out for him.

Good that he was released so we arnt paying anything as I think he was on a pretty decent contract with us.
Curtis Sironen Robbie Farah and many many others were also released and our now very own Moses Mbye were also released from playing contracts..does not mean the respective former Clubs aren't carrying freight..
Leeds got anyone worth swapping with ......................
Haven't followed ESL much this year but probably their entire forward pack...
Joel Moon wants to come back to Australia from what I've heard

I'm guessing he may have played under IC at the Warriors ..............

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:30 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:

He's 30 so it's a hell no!!!
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:38 pm

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:30 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:28 pm
Geo. wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

He's 30 so it's a hell no!!!
Yeah I'd prefer Ryan Hall or Callum Watkins but that ain't gonna happen

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 8:47 pm

Makes sense but would not be supprised if cleary turfed him.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:01 pm

These short term player stints are getting a bit frustrating.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:23 pm

Can't understand the high level of disappointment, or the expectations.

The guy never cemented a place at the Warriors. Was given all the opportunity at Tigers and couldn't find the form. Why anyone expected him to just slot in as long-term FB or halves replacement is beyond me - he's played a lot of reggies for a reason.

Worth a punt from us and filled a gap we had in 2017. Has been more than adequately replaced by Mbye and now cleared from the final year that we might have had to pay him.

Neat and tidy IMO; good luck to the guy, he could be an ESL star.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:32 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:23 pm

The guy never cemented a place at the Warriors. Was given all the opportunity at Tigers and couldn't find the form. Why anyone expected him to just slot in as long-term FB or halves replacement is beyond me - he's played a lot of reggies for a reason.

Worth a punt from us and filled a gap we had in 2017. Has been more than adequately replaced by Mbye and now cleared from the final year that we might have had to pay him.

I suppose getting rid of a guy not even halfway through his contract just doesn't feel right. It means the recruitment was way off doesn't it?

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:36 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:32 pm
jirskyr wrote:

I suppose getting rid of a guy not even halfway through his contract just doesn't feel right. It means the recruitment was way off doesn't it?
At least Ivan is not afraid to make some hard calls.....time to shop McQueen and Rochow around....both duds

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm

tigerap wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:36 pm
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

At least Ivan is not afraid to make some hard calls.....time to shop McQueen and Rochow around....both duds
That doesn't worry you in regards to our recruitment?
We're turning into a transit lounge.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:54 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:39 pm
tigerap wrote:
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

He was a mid-season signing from the reserve-grade side of a bottom 8 team to cover the unexpected quitting of our current 5/8th.

Hardly a development signing IMO, he was a stop gap option and 2018 risk with a decent upside. We've done way worse, and being able to clear him from the roster as soon as he is no longer required - that's not a transit lounge, that's totally in the club's favour.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:54 pm
gallagher wrote:
tigerap wrote:
gallagher wrote:

He was a mid-season signing from the reserve-grade side of a bottom 8 team to cover the unexpected quitting of our current 5/8th.

Hardly a development signing IMO, he was a stop gap option and 2018 risk with a decent upside. We've done way worse, and being able to clear him from the roster as soon as he is no longer required - that's not a transit lounge, that's totally in the club's favour.
So why sign him for 2 and a half years? A reserve grader from a bottom 8 team?
Why buy a bloke as a stop gap solution for half a year? Then do the same again this year?
Its poor recruiting IMO.

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 10:58 pm
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Why buy a bloke as a stop gap solution for half a year? Then do the same again this year?
Its poor recruiting IMO.
Not rocket science really low risk high reward. If he kills it you ha ve him 3 years at a low rate if not no harm done move him on

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:15 pm

gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:
tigerap wrote:

Its poor recruiting IMO.
Who was available to replace Mitchell Moses at short notice in 2017? You don't get mid-year transfer for guys like Gareth Widdop unless their team is under cap pressure. 2.5 years because that's probably what Tui negotiated to agree to move. Would he have moved to us for a 6 month deal?

Moses Mbye is nothing alike, he was an opportune signing from a club in salary-cap pressure, and one of their higher-profile and higher-paid footballers, of which existing club are carrying a significant amount of the freight. Everyone knew the Dogs were in salary cap trouble this year, everyone said to wait and pick the eyes out of that side, and Moses Mbye is the result, the same result that netted Graham to Dragons, Reynolds last year and Woods to Sharks.

Mbye I don't see as a stop-gap, he's a proven first-grader. He is fringe QLD origin selection.

If you preferred we played 2017 out for 14-odd rounds with a halves pairing of Brooks and Littlejohn, so be it, can't convince you.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:23 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:15 pm
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Its poor recruiting IMO.
Who was available to replace Mitchell Moses at short notice in 2017? You don't get mid-year transfer for guys like Gareth Widdop unless their team is under cap pressure. 2.5 years because that's probably what Tui negotiated to agree to move. Would he have moved to us for a 6 month deal?

Moses Mbye is nothing alike, he was an opportune signing from a club in salary-cap pressure, and one of their higher-profile and higher-paid footballers, of which existing club are carrying a significant amount of the freight. Everyone knew the Dogs were in salary cap trouble this year, everyone said to wait and pick the eyes out of that side, and Moses Mbye is the result, the same result that netted Graham to Dragons, Reynolds last year and Woods to Sharks.

Mbye I don't see as a stop-gap, he's a proven first-grader. He is fringe QLD origin selection.

If you preferred we played 2017 out for 14-odd rounds with a halves pairing of Brooks and Littlejohn, so be it, can't convince you.
I was referring to Farah, not Mbye.
I think Lolohea was signed as our long term fullback, but then played at 5/8 in '17.
I didn't see the point in that.
Our season was over when slimey fart left so I didn't see the point in a stop gap. Get someone you see as Long term prospect or go with who you got.
It's terrible recruiting.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:25 pm

hodgo wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:13 pm
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:
gallagher wrote:

Its poor recruiting IMO.
Not rocket science really low risk high reward. If he kills it you ha ve him 3 years at a low rate if not no harm done move him on
Anf if no one else wants him? Your stuck with him like we'll be stuck with Rochow and MacQueen.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:35 pm

gallagher wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:23 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Tue 10 Jul, 2018 11:15 pm
gallagher wrote:
jirskyr wrote:

Its poor recruiting IMO.

I was referring to Farah, not Mbye.
I think Lolohea was signed as our long term fullback, but then played at 5/8 in '17.
I didn't see the point in that.
Our season was over when slimey fart left so I didn't see the point in a stop gap. Get someone you see as Long term prospect or go with who you got.
It's terrible recruiting.
In your opinion.

I thought that Tui would be a good signing. No one really knows what happened to him:- injuries for sure, trouble at home, home sickness, who knows.

He has heaps of talent for sure, however, it didn't work out for him or the team. Everyone will move on and the sun will rise in the morning.