Tigers17 wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:08 pm
Harvey wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 5:29 pm
momo&medo wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:06 pm
Wests Tigers announce 2019 Development Players
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Tue 9 Oct 2018, 12:34 PM

Wests Tigers have today confirmed the club's development players for 2019.

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Jock Madden, Tommy Talau and Kane Bradley, as well as the promotion of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg player Alex Seyfarth.

The NRL initiative allows clubs to sign a maximum of six development players each year; the players train full-time with the NRL squad but are not eligible to play first-grade.

Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager David Warwick said the club was looking forward to watching the players take the next step in their rugby league careers at Wests Tigers.

All of these young men possess excellent talent and we're delighted to have them join the club," Warwick said. "Training full-time for the year is a great challenge, but it will certainly see them progress a long way as a result of being around the senior squad.

"As we saw with the success of our Development players this year, having that time with the NRL squad is greatly beneficial to their growth on and off the field, and we're excited to see how this year's group progresses throughout the 2019 season and beyond."

Alex Seyfarth was a part of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg squad in 2017 and 2018, and represented New South Wales in the U/18's State of Origin match against Queensland.

Seyfarth is a tireless forward who is possesses great power in both attack and defence, who was recently named by the club's coaching staff as the Jersey Flegg Player of the Year for 2018.

Australian Schoolboy and New South Wales junior representative playmakers Jock Madden and Tommy Talau will both join Wests Tigers development squad in 2019 — Madden joins the club from the Newcastle Knights while Talau arrives from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Wests Tigers fourth development player is Kane Bradley — a dynamic back-rower who stands at 195cm and 102kg and was named in the NSW U/18's squad earlier this year.

In addition to the four Development players, Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of Australian Schoolboy representative Zac Cini for the next three years. Cini will join the club in 2019 and begin his development contract with Wests Tigers in 2020. All four 2019 Development players will begin full-time pre-season training when the NRL squad returns in November ahead of the 2019 NRL season.

WESTS TIGERS 2019 DEVELOPMENT SQUAD

Alex Seyfarth (Back Row/Lock)

Kane Bradley (Back Row)

Jock Madden (Halfback)

Tommy Talau (Five-Eighth/Halfback)
What success did we see from the development players this year?

They didn’t (and can’t) play first grade. Our flegg side ran last and our ISP team limped into the finals before being eliminated early.

The only success was they were promoted to the top 30 because we can’t sign anyone else.

I will happily eat my words if they play a dozen nrl games next year and out perform incumbents.

You can spray paint a turd gold, but don’t expect $1600 an ounce for it.
What you don't rate Tom Mikaele ?
Injury-free this kid will make his make on the NRL.
Best young forward prospect this club has had since Woods.
And I won't have to eat my words.
Never has a truer word been spoken , we got spoilt with Woods and to a lesser extent Fifita

How often do young players like these make their marks at such a young age as they did

We compare every young prop to Woods and when they don't quite measure up they become plodders .....

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:25 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Harvey wrote:
momo&medo wrote:

The club is pleased to announce the signing of Jock Madden, Tommy Talau and Kane Bradley, as well as the promotion of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg player Alex Seyfarth.

The NRL initiative allows clubs to sign a maximum of six development players each year; the players train full-time with the NRL squad but are not eligible to play first-grade.

Wests Tigers Recruitment Manager David Warwick said the club was looking forward to watching the players take the next step in their rugby league careers at Wests Tigers.

All of these young men possess excellent talent and we're delighted to have them join the club," Warwick said. "Training full-time for the year is a great challenge, but it will certainly see them progress a long way as a result of being around the senior squad.

"As we saw with the success of our Development players this year, having that time with the NRL squad is greatly beneficial to their growth on and off the field, and we're excited to see how this year's group progresses throughout the 2019 season and beyond."

Alex Seyfarth was a part of Wests Tigers Jersey Flegg squad in 2017 and 2018, and represented New South Wales in the U/18's State of Origin match against Queensland.

Seyfarth is a tireless forward who is possesses great power in both attack and defence, who was recently named by the club's coaching staff as the Jersey Flegg Player of the Year for 2018.

Australian Schoolboy and New South Wales junior representative playmakers Jock Madden and Tommy Talau will both join Wests Tigers development squad in 2019 — Madden joins the club from the Newcastle Knights while Talau arrives from the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs.

Wests Tigers fourth development player is Kane Bradley — a dynamic back-rower who stands at 195cm and 102kg and was named in the NSW U/18's squad earlier this year.

In addition to the four Development players, Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm the signing of Australian Schoolboy representative Zac Cini for the next three years. Cini will join the club in 2019 and begin his development contract with Wests Tigers in 2020. All four 2019 Development players will begin full-time pre-season training when the NRL squad returns in November ahead of the 2019 NRL season.

Kane Bradley (Back Row)

Jock Madden (Halfback)

They didn’t (and can’t) play first grade. Our flegg side ran last and our ISP team limped into the finals before being eliminated early.

The only success was they were promoted to the top 30 because we can’t sign anyone else.

I will happily eat my words if they play a dozen nrl games next year and out perform incumbents.

Agreed on Mikaele...Smith also showed enough IMO to deserve a spot ..

That they are sourcing the development players from outside our systems is also a good sign..Taau is a good get...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..

ALX22

Post by ALX22 » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:42 pm

Any prop signings for Flegg?

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:09 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:15 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Harvey wrote:
momo&medo wrote:

Kane Bradley (Back Row)

Jock Madden (Halfback)

Never has a truer word been spoken , we got spoilt with Woods and to a lesser extent Fifita

How often do young players like these make their marks at such a young age as they did

We compare every young prop to Woods and when they don't quite measure up they become plodders .....

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:11 pm

Balmain Boy wrote:
Sat 29 Sep, 2018 5:04 pm
Apparently Lambkin is our flegg coach next year. Might explain how we got Talau. If we even have.
Who else were you referring to ALX22?
I like the sound of that. he would have his finger on the pulse.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:12 pm

The best bit of all this is Warren McDonald, we are finally free and showing the benefits while his new club struggles.
Its an opinion!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:19 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 4:58 pm
Pawsandclaws wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 2:12 pm
Some of our supporters are a bit hard to please. We've recruited three current Australian Schoolboys reps and a NSW U18s rep. We also got one up on the Panthers sneaking in to sign Zac Cini. He seems like a genuine try scoring talent.

https://www.stdominics.nsw.edu.au/2018/ ... pionships/
so these kids are going to play next year and get us into the top 8, if not there not what we need at this moment, we need class nrl players not kids at present. yes they may be great down the road but we are all sick of waiting and the B.S that we are always rebuilding.
No they;re not, but when you consider Lawrence, Tedesco, Brooks, Moses, Nofoaluma, Liddle and probably Twal all came through the Aust. Schoolboys system to our NRL team, our strike rate with these players is good., Mikaele and Smith are two more coming through from the Aust Schools system to NRL. For a relatively modest club, it is a smart way of assembling a good team. I don't believe I'll every tire of watching young players transition to the NRL..

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:22 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:09 pm
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 6:15 pm
Tigers17 wrote:
Harvey wrote:

Yeah I'll own up , I thought Groat was going to be a good un :oops:

I still think Groat was pushed into grade too early , just my opinion , but when the Capras release you your career maybe isn't going to hit the heights you originally hoped for

And as for Nathan Milone , he is a just a real slow burner ;)

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm

I'll tire of us relying on gun juniors and recruiting average first graders...

While those players you mentioned are good, they need help from experienced external sources from establised succesful top grade systems

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:25 pm

Mentality is the key to recruitment.

You dont need an official announcement to look at Groat and Malone and realise they just didnt have IT.

The good ones you can see it in the way they hold themselves.
Its an opinion!

Pawsandclaws

Post by Pawsandclaws » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:26 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:23 pm

While those players you mentioned are good, they need help from experienced external sources from establised succesful top grade systems
I think we all agree on the need for good NRL players to come to the club. I guess we have to wait to see what eventuates.

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:27 pm

innsaneink wrote:

You mean like Mbye, Matterson and Farah all of who we signed for 2019

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:33 pm

innsaneink wrote:

Well they all had that (Woods / Fifita /Dwyer)

Blokes like Payten (who had been through the exact same issues haven't been an 18 year old gun in the Canberra system )

And we had experience with Gibbs , Heighington , Ellis etc , you can build juniors around experience

Why we need a really experienced back rower to spend a few years helping these kids , Rowdy is a centre 1st , he can help , but a career back rower to spend 2 years with our boys would help enormously

The question is getting the right bloke who is prepared to take a back seat in the last years of their career and work with these guys on and off field

IF we'd got Lewis at the time , he would have been absolutely ideal

Look at the Roosters Craig Fitzgibbon is helping to build a back row conveyor belt

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:35 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 7:27 pm
innsaneink wrote:

You mean like Mbye, Matterson and Farah all of who we signed for 2019
No, not lke them...Matto yeh
??? Mbye & Farah were here this year, Farah is just about had it...I did mention 'fast' before

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 8:40 pm

Tigers17 wrote:
Harvey wrote:
momo&medo wrote:

Kane Bradley (Back Row)

Jock Madden (Halfback)

He has potential, like Felise (how good was he in the trials), Tatola & Paseka. Let’s see that potential fulfilled before we get too excited.

I think he has a bigger upside than Clark, who we have locked in for the next 3 years (thanks Ivan).

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Tue 09 Oct, 2018 11:53 pm

LOL people on here whinging about development players, seriously?

Clearly we should have signed Sonny Bill to a development contract, disgrace that the club missed out!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 12:03 am

fergiefurr wrote:
Tue 09 Oct, 2018 11:53 pm
LOL people on here whinging about development players, seriously?

Clearly we should have signed Sonny Bill to a development contract, disgrace that the club missed out!
Surely the silliest comment I have read on the forum Fergiefurr

Obviously you didn't read that Cameron Smith , SBW and Thurston have all signed development contracts with the Roosters ;)

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 10 Oct, 2018 11:14 am

We sign the best batch of youngsters the club has had for years and still some people complain? None of them are even in our top 30, it's just building the talent across the club. If they're good enough they'll play first grade in the next few years.
I think Mikaele will be in our round one lineup and Smith will be in on the wing by the end of the year. Talau and Cini will be pushing for first grade by the end of next year too