Jnr Development Signings

User avatar
momo&medo
Member
Member
Posts: 1548
Joined: Fri 20 May, 2016 9:48 am
Location: NSW central coast

Re: Jnr Development Signings

Post by momo&medo » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 11:40 am

Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
Beerwah Queensland Bulldogs Senior Rugby League
October 2 at 7:32 PM ·

A Big Congratulations to Aidan Young who has agreed to join NRL club , The Wests Tigers on a 2 Year Contract starting in November for the 2019 + 2020 seasons..

Aidan is an 18 Year Old Beerwah Bulldogs Junior who played with the clubs A Grade side throughout the 2018 Sunshine Coast season.. Aidan has been a Bulldog since starting in Under 7s


bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm

Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.

ALX22
Member
Member
Posts: 387
Joined: Mon 25 Jan, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by ALX22 » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:58 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
Pretty handy goal kicker as well.

bathursttiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2933
Joined: Thu 02 Dec, 2010 5:21 pm

Post by bathursttiger » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 4:57 pm

ALX22 wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:58 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
Pretty handy goal kicker as well.
Sounds good hope he kicks on.

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:21 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
And a bit of pace.. Definitely not the type we sign :lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:


Sunnycoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri 04 Mar, 2011 9:45 am
Location: SunshineCoast

Post by Sunnycoast tiger » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:39 pm

bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 4:57 pm
ALX22 wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:58 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
Pretty handy goal kicker as well.
Sounds good hope he kicks on.
We have signed a few good young kids, hope we sign a few more and they all kick on.Would like the club us updated with all signings.

Tigerdon
Member
Member
Posts: 4162
Joined: Mon 07 Apr, 2014 11:07 am
Location: Manly

Post by Tigerdon » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:51 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
And a bit of pace.. Definitely not the type we sign :lol:
We have been consistent in finding fastest wingers around and debuting them in the NRL, however they tend to end up at Melbourne after a year.
in Ivan we distrust

User avatar
WT2K
Member
Member
Posts: 4267
Joined: Thu 04 May, 2017 5:18 pm

Post by WT2K » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:06 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:51 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 5:21 pm
bathursttiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 3:10 pm
Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
A tall winger that doesn’t sound like he fits our description of a winger.
And a bit of pace.. Definitely not the type we sign :lol:
We have been consistent in finding fastest wingers around and debuting them in the NRL, however they tend to end up at Melbourne after a year.
I still get annoyed seeing jac in storm colours..
No more plodders!
:sign:

User avatar
Harvey
Member
Member
Posts: 3823
Joined: Mon 22 Jun, 2015 10:01 pm
Location: Leumeah

Post by Harvey » Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm

I want Obeid back

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33170
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 8:38 am

Harvey wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 6:28 pm
I want Obeid back
Eddie has gone to a far better place :lol:

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41555
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 10:35 am

Sunnycoast tiger wrote:
Sun 07 Oct, 2018 8:20 am
Sorry if this is in post but just letting you all know we have signed a player from Beerwah Bulldogs, Aiden Young 18 years old a tall winger with a bit of pace. Played A grade this year.
Sunnycoast , sounds like you know a bit about the kid

He's not Arthur Young's boy is he ??

If he is , we got a good un , if he has the same work ethics as his Dad , we are on a winner

Before someone says there are a million Youngs on the planet , when we were down at my Mum's read an article about this young kid and they had his Dad picture as well and I recognised him .....

If he has his old man's speed we are laughing as well , Arthur was around a 10.7 for the 100 m runner , worked his butt off , gave 150 % every time , utilized every single bit of his talent and a top bloke to boot

Lauren
Member
Member
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun 06 May, 2018 4:07 am

Post by Lauren » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:06 pm

Not sure where to post.........


Wests Tigers announce 2019 player movements
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Mon 8 Oct 2018, 02:58 PM

Wests Tigers have today confirmed three player movements with Dylan Smith, Sam McIntyre and Thomas Mikaele to join the club's Top 30 NRL squad in 2019.

All three players were part of the club's Development squad in 2018, which sees the players train full-time with the NRL squad but are not eligible to play first-grade.

With their promotion to the Top 30 NRL squad from the Development squad, all three players will be eligible for first-grade selection from the 2019 season onwards.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated the trio on their hard work and development throughout the year.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom have been a great success as Development players in their first year at Wests Tigers," said Pascoe. "They have all worked extremely hard since arriving at the club last year and have progressed a long way both on and off the field.

"We are pleased to welcome them in to the Top 30 squad now as eligible first-grade players and look forward to seeing them contributing in the future for Wests Tigers."
Wests Tigers General Manager – Football Kelly Egan said Smith, McIntyre and Mikaele would be an asset for the club's NRL squad in the coming season.

"This is an exciting time at Wests Tigers and we're looking forward to seeing how these three can continue their development and contribute throughout the year," Egan said.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom each bring something different to the squad, and having another full pre-season under their belts will certainly help them in the season ahead."

All three players will begin pre-season training with the NRL squad in November.
PLAYER PROFILES

Dylan Smith

Date of Birth — 23rd April, 1999

Position — Fullback

Junior Club — Endeavour Sports High School

Rep. Honours — Australian Schoolboys (2017)


Sam McIntyre

Date of Birth — 20th March, 1998

Position — Second Row, Lock, Centre

Junior Club — Port Macquarie Sharks


Thomas Mikaele

Date of Birth — 11th January, 1998

Position — Front Row, Lock

Junior Club — Goodna Eagles

Rep. Honours — QLD U/20's Emerging Maroons (2018), QLD U/20's (2017), AUS Schoolboys (2015-16)

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29733
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:14 pm

So is that it?
Ryan Matterson our only recruit of note?

User avatar
tiger_one
Member
Member
Posts: 1661
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 11:20 pm

Post by tiger_one » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:21 pm

Lauren wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:06 pm
Not sure where to post.........


Wests Tigers announce 2019 player movements
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Mon 8 Oct 2018, 02:58 PM

Wests Tigers have today confirmed three player movements with Dylan Smith, Sam McIntyre and Thomas Mikaele to join the club's Top 30 NRL squad in 2019.

All three players were part of the club's Development squad in 2018, which sees the players train full-time with the NRL squad but are not eligible to play first-grade.

With their promotion to the Top 30 NRL squad from the Development squad, all three players will be eligible for first-grade selection from the 2019 season onwards.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated the trio on their hard work and development throughout the year.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom have been a great success as Development players in their first year at Wests Tigers," said Pascoe. "They have all worked extremely hard since arriving at the club last year and have progressed a long way both on and off the field.

"We are pleased to welcome them in to the Top 30 squad now as eligible first-grade players and look forward to seeing them contributing in the future for Wests Tigers."
Wests Tigers General Manager – Football Kelly Egan said Smith, McIntyre and Mikaele would be an asset for the club's NRL squad in the coming season.

"This is an exciting time at Wests Tigers and we're looking forward to seeing how these three can continue their development and contribute throughout the year," Egan said.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom each bring something different to the squad, and having another full pre-season under their belts will certainly help them in the season ahead."





And the elephant in the room - NO mention of the currently contracted coach!

yeti
Member
Member
Posts: 1444
Joined: Tue 08 Nov, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by yeti » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 4:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:14 pm
So is that it?
Ryan Matterson our only recruit of note?
Hugely disappointing if that's the case.
Hopefully McQueen and Rochow move on to open up another couple of places.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 4:48 pm

tiger_one wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:21 pm
Lauren wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:06 pm
Not sure where to post.........


Wests Tigers announce 2019 player movements
Author Dan Talintyre Timestamp Mon 8 Oct 2018, 02:58 PM

Wests Tigers have today confirmed three player movements with Dylan Smith, Sam McIntyre and Thomas Mikaele to join the club's Top 30 NRL squad in 2019.

All three players were part of the club's Development squad in 2018, which sees the players train full-time with the NRL squad but are not eligible to play first-grade.

With their promotion to the Top 30 NRL squad from the Development squad, all three players will be eligible for first-grade selection from the 2019 season onwards.
Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe congratulated the trio on their hard work and development throughout the year.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom have been a great success as Development players in their first year at Wests Tigers," said Pascoe. "They have all worked extremely hard since arriving at the club last year and have progressed a long way both on and off the field.

"We are pleased to welcome them in to the Top 30 squad now as eligible first-grade players and look forward to seeing them contributing in the future for Wests Tigers."
Wests Tigers General Manager – Football Kelly Egan said Smith, McIntyre and Mikaele would be an asset for the club's NRL squad in the coming season.

"This is an exciting time at Wests Tigers and we're looking forward to seeing how these three can continue their development and contribute throughout the year," Egan said.

"Dylan, Sam and Tom each bring something different to the squad, and having another full pre-season under their belts will certainly help them in the season ahead."





And the elephant in the room - NO mention of the currently contracted coach!

oh no does that mean Kelly Egan is our coach next year!...Clearly, Cleary still has his dummy stuck in his mouth!

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2410
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 4:49 pm

yeti wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 4:36 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Mon 08 Oct, 2018 3:14 pm
So is that it?
Ryan Matterson our only recruit of note?
Hugely disappointing if that's the case.
Hopefully McQueen and Rochow move on to open up another couple of places.
No club wants them!..... :-(

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2517
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Mon 08 Oct, 2018 5:03 pm

THEY GOT TO BE KIDDING, the 3 of them really didnt set the isp on fire, come to think of it they were very ordinary, and this is what the club dishes up as major signings, we deserve every thing we get, which is nothing.

Post Reply