Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Tiger Steve

Re: Relax

Post by Tiger Steve » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:15 pm

Mickeyboy wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:14 pm
Is there any reason why WT's can't match the $ supposedly offered?
But we can’t match the roster or facilities that Nathan may be drawn towards. Therefore Ivan is drawn there as well
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:16 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:13 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:58 pm
formerguest wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:53 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 8:49 pm
What a disgusting situation this scumbag has put has in. The worst possible outcome would have been having his son here, I hope that never happens. Stuff them and their dream, we backed him after Gould humiliated him, and people like me have supported some of his dodgy recruitment and selection calls only to get this.

Best case scenario for the integrity of the game is for us to keep him until Penrith invest in another coach and sack the grub the next day if he is chucking a Moses.

Next best thing, and probably better for us, is to take them to the cleaners in terms of players and cash. Just feeds back into the NRL being a grubby sport though, so I prefer we drag this out and humiliate the Clearys and Gould.

The poor players, probably the most mentally resilient bunch of good blokes who play for each other we've had since Sheens and they have to cop this. I thought Cleary sounded a bit strange saying this group might not be the group we need for success (after he assembled them), now I hope he chokes on a cooked bone like the Dog he appears to be.
Good rant OMT

Beautiful put mate fully support it.
Thanks Fellas
I really hope I'm wrong about him. Ttere are too many conflicting stories for any of us to know, but it does seem very plausible that he has sought a switch with a long way to go on his contract after committing us to a path that the next coach may disagree with. And the poor old Wests Tigers go back to square one.... again....
Yeah mate if the nrl continues like this I will be switching off.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:18 pm

Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:07 pm
smoking gun wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:48 pm
If the situation is true and smoking gun is saying at it is Wests Tigers have NO leverage.

Ivan wants to leave to coach Penrith, we beat our chests say no it is not happening he’s under contract.

If we don’t let him go we have a coach who doesn’t want to be here. So in affect the leader of the football doesn’t want to be at the club which is filter down through all levels like a poison. Penrith will offer the club some half arsed tokenistic deal knowing they are the ones with power and we are screwed.

The only hope we have is that Ivan is a man of his word and is having one over Penrith to lure Nathan here. But let’s be honest from what we know of each clubs facilities, player potential and money Penrith is a stronger club.
The leverage tigers have is he can’t coach another first grade NRL team til 2021. The leverage is Penrith are hell bent on keeping Nathan they are trying to lure his dad there now. If Penrith don’t want to wait they will ha r to give up assets. That’s business
What I am saying is they won’t have to give up much, just a little coin as a token gesture. Do you truely believe that Ivan can continue as coach if he wants to leave? The club can force him to stay but that would be a disaster.
They will give up what tigers want and nothing less. Tigers can release him under the proviso he can’t coach in any facet in NRL until 2021 if he doesn’t want to stay that bad. But I don’t think it will come to that. Like I said before only extremely bad management from Pascoe and go can balls this up if he indeed wants to go

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:19 pm

old man tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:09 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:55 pm
marzie wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:04 pm
Gould/penrith would be loving seeing tigers fans turn on our own coach. Thats probably half the strategy...say bits and pieces to the media in a certain way, leak half truths and make a few things up, let the media run with it and watch tigers fans turn on Ivan and push him out the door.

My take is that Ivan has been told that the head coach position at Penrith is available to him if he wants it for x dollars/years etc. Ivan has informed Pascoe of this off the back of the Griffin sacking yesterday (knowing the media would link him to his son). Pascoe has made comment about the two of them having a frank discussion around the situation - eg Pascoe letting Ivan know theres no way hes leaving here under contract. Also from Pascoes comments it's pretty clear that Ivan has not asked for a release. I actually think there is nothing to worry about at all and the comments from Go and Pascoe are completely reactionary to the intense media speculation and uproar from tigers fans that happened today rather than any concern internally. Pascoes video on our website I saw as a get stuffed to gould/penrith more than anything else.

Cant knock Ivan for receiving another job offer, have faith in Ivan that he will have come to the right decision. Everything the media is saying completely contradicts the character of the man we've gotten to know over the last 2 years. Just old mate Gould back at it again - causing a stir
Thanks Marzie. I was thinking I'd be on my own in this regard. Innocent until proven guilty? Not on this forum, the assumptions are sharpening the pitchforks for the masses.
It appears that many here have made the assumption that Pascoes talk about the legal side of things was in response to a request to leave from Cleary. I don't read it that way. Pascoe has said that Cleary has not asked for a release from either himself or Marina Go. I think the legal stuff was either to shut the Panthers offer down completely, or to set up proceedings following an attempt to coerce Ivan out of his contract, or both.
You are right NT, and often are.
However I felt great after a big rant and will be happy to be wrong as I usually am according to my wife, daughter and son (who is due in a week.)
Intent is enough for me the cleary and their big heads can go to hell

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:21 pm

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:16 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:13 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:58 pm
formerguest wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:53 pm

Good rant OMT

Beautiful put mate fully support it.
Thanks Fellas
I really hope I'm wrong about him. Ttere are too many conflicting stories for any of us to know, but it does seem very plausible that he has sought a switch with a long way to go on his contract after committing us to a path that the next coach may disagree with. And the poor old Wests Tigers go back to square one.... again....
Yeah mate if the nrl continues like this I will be switching off.
I used to love Rugby but at the ripe age of 18 i am starting to give up on the sport.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

Go Moltzen

Post by Go Moltzen » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:22 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:52 pm
Go Moltzen wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:49 pm
Hope there is a big law firm helping the Tigers get maximum Panthers pokies dollars compensation for Ican Nearly's early release.
Brydens
Yeah, given their personal & commercial interest in the Tigers they will make sure we won't be railroaded.
As long as we are compensated & somehow manage to sign a decent coach I am happy for Ivan Cleary to drive his bus back to the mountains.

westy81

Post by westy81 » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm

I hate to be the negative Nancy here but I don’t see us being the winners after all this

If IC leaves after this year I will lose all respect for him, I’ve always liked IC as a coach and wanted him to coach The Tigers and when he signed with the Tigers it was a dream I never thought would happen
GO THE TIGERS !!!!

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm

The roster is Ivan's to build. Agreed the facilities we can't compete with, yet. Hopefully the future planning for WT's has been discussed over the dinner table.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:25 pm

Around 11 hours and 28 pages later

Has Benji killed Ivan with the corner post in the kitchen yet ??

Where are we at ??

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:28 pm

yeti wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm
Well, Pascoe was adamant that Wests Tigers "would not be granting a release to Ivan Cleary". So by that quote, one might assume that ... 1) Ivan asked for a release, and, 2) Was told 'no'.
If that assumption is correct, then I am really disappointed in Ivan. But am very pleased in Pascoe's and Go's stance.
And I am particularly aggrieved at Penrith's attack on our club - and that is what it amounts to. So screw Penrith and screw Gould!
He also said that neither Ivan or his manager have approached the club for a release.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:30 pm

Geo. wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:34 pm
Great minds think alike

Getting along with your new cellmate ??

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:31 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:28 pm
yeti wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm
Well, Pascoe was adamant that Wests Tigers "would not be granting a release to Ivan Cleary". So by that quote, one might assume that ... 1) Ivan asked for a release, and, 2) Was told 'no'.
If that assumption is correct, then I am really disappointed in Ivan. But am very pleased in Pascoe's and Go's stance.
And I am particularly aggrieved at Penrith's attack on our club - and that is what it amounts to. So screw Penrith and screw Gould!
He also said that neither Ivan or his manager have approached the club for a release.
Maybe he is speaking the truth or maybe he is hiding the fact Ivan wants out.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:32 pm

Gould is desperate. He set the wheels in motion when he claimed that he wouldn't get in the way of Nathan leaving to join his Dad. DUH? That's cos he can't! Cos NC has the Get Out Clause in his contract! I can't help but think that IC & Pascoe have set this up to unsettle Penriff. Both Men sacked by Gould! NC can't be approached until November. We need a top 8 side to collapse. What a coup by IC & Pascoe if they managed to remove Griffen & unsettle Penriff. BTW the Tigers had the day off today according to Josh Reynolds 360. Coincidence? No players around to comment? ... But then I woke up!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

Mickeyboy

Post by Mickeyboy » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:32 pm

Just wondering how many Journo's have got their info correct in this case. Pretty sure it was a Cleary double deal at both the chooks and horses a couple of weeks ago.

Lauren

Post by Lauren » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:34 pm

NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:30 pm
Lauren wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:29 pm
NT Tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:21 pm
Lauren wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:13 pm

Kent spoke of a “meeting” that was held 2 weeks ago in which to discuss Nathan’s development. Supposedly, Panthers offered Ivan a contract for 2021/2022 yet Ivan suggested next year. Genuine or not there’s a ring of truth in it all.

Josh Reynold’s reaction to it all was surprising. He spoke more out of concern for his teammates during Kent and Ikin’s questions. But Luke Lewis said it best by stating something like “Why would you want to go back to the same club that sacked you for not being good enough and didn’t believe in you instead of staying with a club that believes in what your building”.

So speculation or not the cat is out of the bag and either way (what happens with Ivan) it’s damaging for us.
Why? When the Club stands strong in the face of rumours
Should’ve clarified more. Very proud of Justin’s efforts no matter what result we get. But If Ivan goes it will definitely have an effect on fans and shareholders. Then if he stays, I’m sure some of the playing group as well as fans would lose a certain level of respect for him. A coach who’s priority was his son over a team would make a lot of people question things.
Well firstly, as a father, I can say without equivocation that my son and daughter come first above all else on this planet and I will venture to say that many fathers will echo my sentiment.
Secondly, why would anyone, other than those buying into media rumours, lose respect for Ivan Cleary? Because Phil Gould wants us to? What has Ivan Cleary done that would make anyone to lose respect for him?
I hope this doesn’t come off as offensive to you.
1) Rightly so. Don’t get me wrong, I for one, actually love how Nathan and Ivan’s close bond is shown in the media. I’m just giving my own opinion as a fan after learning of these recent events, that is all.
2) I don’t really get the first parts of your question, Pascoe has already confirmed that Ivan held discussions with Panthers.
The fact that Ivan had a meeting with the Panthers to discuss Nathan’s development isn’t even the issue but to offer to breach his own contract (that he has with the Tigers)during that meeting, is unprofessional and unethical. Even if untrue, the meeting was solely about Nathan’s development and should never have come to all of this.
If it doesn’t happen, I don’t know how any player who signed at the club under the premises that he’d be coaching them would not lose any respect or trust. Players moved from overseas to fulfill Ivan’s vision meanwhile he considered walking away from it.
And if there are fans who don’t lose respect for him, kudos to them. I know this fan is sick of seeing my club used as a transit centre for players and coaches. I’m over the whole rebuild and it’s hurtful knowing that yet another person didn’t want to commit to this team. But all emotions aside, most fans would start to question his motives, knowing that his heart wasn’t set on staying.

But I understand what you’re saying, Phil Gould’s desire to resign Nathan is the catalyst to it all.
Last edited by Lauren on Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

clokan
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by clokan » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:35 pm

I believe he had the day off. So he should clear this up tomorrow.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:36 pm

smoking gun wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:48 pm
If the situation is true and smoking gun is saying at it is Wests Tigers have NO leverage.

Ivan wants to leave to coach Penrith, we beat our chests say no it is not happening he’s under contract.

If we don’t let him go we have a coach who doesn’t want to be here. So in affect the leader of the football doesn’t want to be at the club which is filter down through all levels like a poison. Penrith will offer the club some half arsed tokenistic deal knowing they are the ones with power and we are screwed.

The only hope we have is that Ivan is a man of his word and is having one over Penrith to lure Nathan here. But let’s be honest from what we know of each clubs facilities, player potential and money Penrith is a stronger club.
The leverage tigers have is he can’t coach another first grade NRL team til 2021. The leverage is Penrith are hell bent on keeping Nathan they are trying to lure his dad there now. If Penrith don’t want to wait they will ha r to give up assets. That’s business
Well SG I have my list for Gus

You keep IC and NC

We will have

Tamou
RCG
Maloney
Mansour
Kikau

and 1.2 million in compensation

Sorry what was that Gus ??

Sorry Gus , I can't understand you .......oh sorry your gagging on it

My apologies