Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Telltails

Re: Ivan Cleary

Post by Telltails » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:16 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:45 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:22 am
Interesting tweet from Gould earlier after someone said that he should apologize to the Tigers members...which Gus 'liked'

Its an interesting tweet alright.

Could mean a number of things though. My first thought is that he is saying Cleary went to them.
David ONeill chairman of Penrith - Ivan's very good mate- reportedly got the ball rolling with this whole scenario.
Gus may not have been the catalyst in this move however he is shouldering the blame

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:17 am

swag tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:21 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:16 pm
old man tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:13 pm
Nucky Thompson wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:58 pm

Beautiful put mate fully support it.
Thanks Fellas
I really hope I'm wrong about him. Ttere are too many conflicting stories for any of us to know, but it does seem very plausible that he has sought a switch with a long way to go on his contract after committing us to a path that the next coach may disagree with. And the poor old Wests Tigers go back to square one.... again....
Yeah mate if the nrl continues like this I will be switching off.
I used to love Rugby but at the ripe age of 18 i am starting to give up on the sport.
Me too. Too bad this is a rugby league forum mate
Let's make the Tigers great again!

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:19 am

The Queen wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:54 am
swag tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:10 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:54 pm
magpiecol wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:41 pm

Have you ever heard of punctuation?

:brick: :brick:
Who's Clearly? :lol: I expected better English from the Queen!
That is one long sentence.

We all suspected it, but now we finaly have the empiricial proof – grammar nazis are assholes.

Researchers at the university of michigan have drilled down into the minds of the obnoxious pedants whom feel the need to correct everyones grammar all the time.

As part of their study they asked 83 people to analyse an email full, of erors and then evaluated their personality traits.

The results were frankly unsurprising to.

Gramar police scored low on levels of agreeability and openmindedness, and high on levels of neuroticism and conscientiousness.

The study also found that extraverts are more likely to overlook typos when judging a person, while introverts would negatively evaluate someones character if they’re email was full of mistakes.

Are you an English teacher, marking a students paper? Strike while the lion is hot, and correct that grammar!
Wrong forum dude
Let's make the Tigers great again!

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:26 am

If Ivan visited the Panthers to hear out there offer , it takes the gloss of him but he has said he wants to coach his son , if Ivan come back and met with Jutin and told him about the offer , I'm ok with that as its honest , But if he asked for a release that changes everything
2.5 years to go on a contract put simply if Penrith want him bad enough and he wants out no problem

$ 5000,000 Dollars compensation to Tigers From Penrith and off he goes OR

We say no , and move Hodgo to head coach and let CLEARY run reserve grade for 2.5 years , that way Penrith will need a coach to come in for 2.5 years knowing he is dead in the water after 2020

Option 3 , and I'm hearing this today , Nathan has told Ivan he wants to stay at Penrith and Ivan approached Penrith , Hence 2 meetings at the Tigers , first one to ask for a release , second meeting where he got told no release , This will play out for a couple of weeks and then Ivan will be released

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:27 am

th-1.jpg
th-1.jpg (73.79 KiB) Viewed 365 times
Ivan take your dam bus with you

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:29 am

The poor players.

trafford10

Post by trafford10 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:35 am

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 6:45 am
Tweed Tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 1:22 am
Interesting tweet from Gould earlier after someone said that he should apologize to the Tigers members...which Gus 'liked'

Its an interesting tweet alright.

Could mean a number of things though. My first thought is that he is saying Cleary went to them.
Cleary's suggestion 2019.
Penrith sounded him out about if possible and when. Clearly's wanted to drive the bus straight to Penrith certainty had zero interest in seeing out his contract with West Tigers.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:47 am

Nathan wants to stay at Penrith.
Ivan really needs to let go of the reigns and let him forge his own path. He is doing fine.

Flash089

Post by Flash089 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:50 am

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:19 am
The Queen wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:54 am
swag tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:10 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:54 pm

Who's Clearly? :lol: I expected better English from the Queen!
That is one long sentence.

We all suspected it, but now we finaly have the empiricial proof – grammar nazis are assholes.

Researchers at the university of michigan have drilled down into the minds of the obnoxious pedants whom feel the need to correct everyones grammar all the time.

As part of their study they asked 83 people to analyse an email full, of erors and then evaluated their personality traits.

The results were frankly unsurprising to.

Gramar police scored low on levels of agreeability and openmindedness, and high on levels of neuroticism and conscientiousness.

It's extrovert not extravert. And the expression is: "strike while the iron is hot" , not: "strike while the lion is hot". It's called English posters. Not lazy, incoherent, unpunctuated, misspelt gibberish.

The study also found that extraverts are more likely to overlook typos when judging a person, while introverts would negatively evaluate someones character if they’re email was full of mistakes.

Are you an English teacher, marking a students paper? Strike while the lion is hot, and correct that grammar!
Wrong forum dude

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:50 am

andrew 474 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:26 am
If Ivan visited the Panthers to hear out there offer , it takes the gloss of him but he has said he wants to coach his son , if Ivan come back and met with Jutin and told him about the offer , I'm ok with that as its honest , But if he asked for a release that changes everything
2.5 years to go on a contract put simply if Penrith want him bad enough and he wants out no problem

We say no , and move Hodgo to head coach and let CLEARY run reserve grade for 2.5 years , that way Penrith will need a coach to come in for 2.5 years knowing he is dead in the water after 2020

Option 3 , and I'm hearing this today , Nathan has told Ivan he wants to stay at Penrith and Ivan approached Penrith , Hence 2 meetings at the Tigers , first one to ask for a release , second meeting where he got told no release , This will play out for a couple of weeks and then Ivan will be released
I can understand why Nathan would want to stay at Penrith:

1) better squad than WT's
2) better facilities than WT
3) Plays with his mates
4) better chance of retaining his SOO jumper...

But hey, both Cleary's should be professional about this, they are not in an U9's competition. They should not be so selfish with their personal desires to the detriment of their careers....Nathan if you want to be coached by your old man....follow him...not the other way around.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

If we play our cards right, we'll have Gus paying the salary of our next coach.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:55 am

tigerap wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:50 am
andrew 474 wrote:

3) Plays with his mates

But hey, both Cleary's should be professional about this, they are not in an U9's competition. They should not be so selfish with their personal desires to the detriment of their careers....Nathan if you want to be coached by your old man....follow him...not the other way around.
Lets be fair. We were fine with what they wanted when it suited us. We even wanted to see Nathan break his contract to come here next year. We were cool with that. Suddenly its turning against us and they are slimeballs.

Flash089

Post by Flash089 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:56 am

It's extrovert, not extravert. And the expression is: "strike while the iron is hot" not, "strike while the lion is hot." It refers to blacksmithing and uses that as an allusion to the need to be decisive and back your decisions. Every forum is the right forum to call out lazy , incoherent, unpunctuated, misspelt gibberish. It's called good communication, in English. Dude.

smoking gun

Post by smoking gun » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:01 am

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:57 am
happy tiger wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 11:36 pm
smoking gun wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
Chicken Faced Killa wrote:
Tue 07 Aug, 2018 10:48 pm
If the situation is true and smoking gun is saying at it is Wests Tigers have NO leverage.

Ivan wants to leave to coach Penrith, we beat our chests say no it is not happening he’s under contract.

If we don’t let him go we have a coach who doesn’t want to be here. So in affect the leader of the football doesn’t want to be at the club which is filter down through all levels like a poison. Penrith will offer the club some half arsed tokenistic deal knowing they are the ones with power and we are screwed.

The only hope we have is that Ivan is a man of his word and is having one over Penrith to lure Nathan here. But let’s be honest from what we know of each clubs facilities, player potential and money Penrith is a stronger club.
The leverage tigers have is he can’t coach another first grade NRL team til 2021. The leverage is Penrith are hell bent on keeping Nathan they are trying to lure his dad there now. If Penrith don’t want to wait they will ha r to give up assets. That’s business
Well SG I have my list for Gus

You keep IC and NC

We will have

Tamou
RCG
Maloney
Mansour
Kikau

and 1.2 million in compensation

Sorry what was that Gus ??

Sorry Gus , I can't understand you .......oh sorry your gagging on it

My apologies
Yeah right and the NRL would say oh yeah that fine, contracts registered. :brick:
Even allowing for your exaggeration and we were looking at only 2 Penrith players paid under pnriths cap as SG suggests... Do we really thing THE NRL would allow this can of worms to become a precedent and usual practise?
It's effectively Penrith with 28 man squad paying for 30 and WTs with 32 man squad paying for 30... it would not happen
That’s the power wests tigers have in this scenario. And they should use it. Like I said just because it hasn’t been done doesn’t mean in can’t be done. Cleary is an asset. Tigers can use him how they want if he wants out. Tigers have invested a lot in Ivan. A lot. So to think they would just let him walk out for a couple hundred thousand is ridiculous. And I’d hope that’s pascoes mentality as well. He doesn’t seem to be the kind of bloke who would do Penrith any favours. I’d expect cash and 2 players if they want Cleary like reported would be the minimum.

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:03 am

If Ivan does leave, I will be so hurt :( Please Ivan, the bus needs you!!

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:09 am

You know what?

This has all started only since Farah returned...

#Justsayin

:mrgreen:

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:16 am

:roll:
Flash089 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:56 am
It's extrovert, not extravert. And the expression is: "strike while the iron is hot" not, "strike while the lion is hot." It refers to blacksmithing and uses that as an allusion to the need to be decisive and back your decisions. Every forum is the right forum to call out lazy , incoherent, unpunctuated, misspelt gibberish. It's called good communication, in English. Dude.
:roll:

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 8:23 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:55 am
tigerap wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 7:50 am
andrew 474 wrote:

3) Plays with his mates

Lets be fair. We were fine with what they wanted when it suited us. We even wanted to see Nathan break his contract to come here next year. We were cool with that. Suddenly its turning against us and they are slimeballs.
I dont think either are slimeballs. I just think it puts into perspective what is more important to them - and it appears that is being together, and furthering Nathan's career which they seem to think can be best served at Penrith.
Unfortunately for Ivan he signed a contract with us, and we have to now do whats best for us, and that may involve firm retaliation in response to the actions by Penrith to destabilize our club.
How that effects Ivan and his position at the club now remains to be seen - but I cant see how it can work IF in fact he wants to pursue an opportunity at the Panthers.