Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

izotope

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by izotope » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:00 pm

Sounds like a lot more truth to PK's comments on 360 then.

If true how can we let Ivan stay, he initiated this whole fracas.

What could possible say to our team to not sound like a total turncoat?
"Yes Nathan could come to WT in a year but id rather jump ship and go to the panthers as they are a better club with superior facilities, so my son will have more chances to succeed. but lets get to training chins up"

Pretty disappointed not the man i thought he would be, could of at least just said sure at the end of this contract id love to come over and coach Nathan
tigers!

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:01 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:54 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm
Ivan Cleary addressed the Wests Tigers players on Wednesday morning for the first time since news broke of Penrith's plan to lure him back.

NRL.com understands he couldn't guarantee where he would be next season. He couldn't lie to his players, admitting he had a tough family decision to make.

The Tigers have called an extraordinary board meeting on Wednesday night to discuss the future of the organisation, however as it stands Cleary has not yet asked for a release and is not expected to front the board.

Ivan Cleary addresses players as Wests Tigers discuss compensation option NRL.com

Also fox sports are reporting that Nathan has just resigned till 2024 with Penrith.If this IS the case were screwed.
Why are we screwed?

Ivan’s a crap coach !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:06 pm

Kerry Cogger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:54 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 12:24 pm
Ivan Cleary addressed the Wests Tigers players on Wednesday morning for the first time since news broke of Penrith's plan to lure him back.

NRL.com understands he couldn't guarantee where he would be next season. He couldn't lie to his players, admitting he had a tough family decision to make.

The Tigers have called an extraordinary board meeting on Wednesday night to discuss the future of the organisation, however as it stands Cleary has not yet asked for a release and is not expected to front the board.

Ivan Cleary addresses players as Wests Tigers discuss compensation option NRL.com

Also fox sports are reporting that Nathan has just resigned till 2024 with Penrith.If this IS the case were screwed.
its Hooper, pulling a story from nothing

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

dazza65 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:58 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm
Eye of the Tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:07 pm
Six Tackles with Gus.

Very interesting to listen too

https://omny.fm/shows/six-tackles-with- ... s-round-22

Thanks for the link.

It sounds like Pamfers were sounding him out for 2 years time and Ivan suggested next season. Panthers didn't expect this and fast tracked the firing of current coach to facilitate.

Take Gus with a grain of salt but if what he says is even half truths than Ivan has really done a low act to Wests.

Regarding Nathan, well gus flat out lies stating that Ivan coming back has nothing to with nathan staying at the club.

Wouldn’t trust fat head Gould as far as I could throw him. Why sound out an under contract coach for 2 years time? What, were hey going to tread water with another coach until then?
Rubbish
This is all a desperate ploy to get Nathan to stay and snr is an idiot if he doesn’t see this. And if IC did suggest next year bad luck, he can see out his contract and when Penrith find another coach we can let him go at our convenience not his.
Ooh aah.
What I don't get, listening to the podcast, is Phil Gould is saying "well Panthers didn't exactly approach Ivan and I certainly didn't, it was his mate and our chairman Dave who did it. They are good mates, they talk about houses and golf and Nathan, and last week the conversation got around to coaching. Dave asked Ivan if he would consider ever going back to Panthers, Ivan smiled and said "show me the money and anything's possible" and here we are 1 week later, talking about it."

Then Gould says "and I knew this would get out in the media and Hooks' position would no longer be tenable, so we had a meeting with the board and they instructed me to hook Hook".

OK... but where does Phil Gould, General Manager, fit in this? It was the board's decision to punt Hook, it was Dave's decision to approach Ivan, Phil Gould had no personal involvement or knowledge of the Ivan Cleary item.

Even if you believe Old Beesting, it doesn't change the fact that Gould is GM and how could this stuff possibly go on without his involvement or say-so, and how can he not be responsible for the other representatives of his club?

Let me assure you I don't have a senior role like Phil Gould, but I am senior enough in my job that I have to account for the actions and performances of about 50 other staff at any given time. I don't just get to meet with my clients and say "oh yeah that was a controversial decision, but it wasn't me, it was the other guy" and then wipe my hands of it all.

I don't care who spoke to Cleary, a Penrith high-ranking official did, and therefore all of the Panthers are implicated. Unless that official acted without consent, which cannot be the case, because they aren't backtracking.

It's like "hey I didn't blow open the safe myself, but now that it's open, sure I'll help myself to some money".

Oggy

Post by Oggy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm

the funniest thing about that Gus podcast was he picked us to beat Canbeera saying raiders defenc is bad has he seen our attack?? as he seen us play in Canberra lately?? then again Benji doesn't lose in Canberra

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:14 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm
dazza65 wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:58 pm
tigerbalm wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:35 pm
Eye of the Tiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 3:07 pm
Six Tackles with Gus.

Very interesting to listen too

https://omny.fm/shows/six-tackles-with- ... s-round-22

Thanks for the link.

It sounds like Pamfers were sounding him out for 2 years time and Ivan suggested next season. Panthers didn't expect this and fast tracked the firing of current coach to facilitate.

Take Gus with a grain of salt but if what he says is even half truths than Ivan has really done a low act to Wests.

Regarding Nathan, well gus flat out lies stating that Ivan coming back has nothing to with nathan staying at the club.

Wouldn’t trust fat head Gould as far as I could throw him. Why sound out an under contract coach for 2 years time? What, were hey going to tread water with another coach until then?
Rubbish
This is all a desperate ploy to get Nathan to stay and snr is an idiot if he doesn’t see this. And if IC did suggest next year bad luck, he can see out his contract and when Penrith find another coach we can let him go at our convenience not his.
Ooh aah.
What I don't get, listening to the podcast, is Phil Gould is saying "well Panthers didn't exactly approach Ivan and I certainly didn't, it was his mate and our chairman Dave who did it. They are good mates, they talk about houses and golf and Nathan, and last week the conversation got around to coaching. Dave asked Ivan if he would consider ever going back to Panthers, Ivan smiled and said "show me the money and anything's possible" and here we are 1 week later, talking about it."

Then Gould says "and I knew this would get out in the media and Hooks' position would no longer be tenable, so we had a meeting with the board and they instructed me to hook Hook".

OK... but where does Phil Gould, General Manager, fit in this? It was the board's decision to punt Hook, it was Dave's decision to approach Ivan, Phil Gould had no personal involvement or knowledge of the Ivan Cleary item.

Even if you believe Old Beesting, it doesn't change the fact that Gould is GM and how could this stuff possibly go on without his involvement or say-so, and how can he not be responsible for the other representatives of his club?

Let me assure you I don't have a senior role like Phil Gould, but I am senior enough in my job that I have to account for the actions and performances of about 50 other staff at any given time. I don't just get to meet with my clients and say "oh yeah that was a controversial decision, but it wasn't me, it was the other guy" and then wipe my hands of it all.

I don't care who spoke to Cleary, a Penrith high-ranking official did, and therefore all of the Panthers are implicated. Unless that official acted without consent, which cannot be the case, because they aren't backtracking.

It's like "hey I didn't blow open the safe myself, but now that it's open, sure I'll help myself to some money".

I agree, but I honestly think Gus is smart enough to not allow himself get caught out in a lie. I believe they were sounding the waters for 2021 and Ivan floated the idea of 2019. I think that comment not only caught Wests off guard but also the panthers and started the chain of events we see now. Gus is not innocent in all this but Ivan is the real scum bag in this sad tale.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm

Someone is a liar. Gould claims no one from Penrith has offered Ivan Cleary anything remotely resembling a contract, for next year or otherwise.

He tried to save Griffin but the board made him do it.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

tigerbalm

Post by tigerbalm » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm

Oggy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:07 pm
the funniest thing about that Gus podcast was he picked us to beat Canbeera saying raiders defenc is bad has he seen our attack?? as he seen us play in Canberra lately?? then again Benji doesn't lose in Canberra

He had to right? he couldn't say "given the week Wests have had, i suspect them to be distracted from the game".

Tiger tone

Post by Tiger tone » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm

Time to say goodbye to Cleary. Since contracts mean nothing take reagan campbell-gillard and bring in Geoff Toovey to coach us. Time to move on from this grub

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:22 pm

Ali’s Latest NRL Rumours
12 mins ·

BREAKING NEWS!!!!

*IVAN CLEARY ON THE BUS TO PENRITH*

The Penrith Panthers are set to announce the signing of Ivan Cleary as head coach of the Penrith Panthers from 2019 and beyond for the next 4 years. A transfer fee will be paid to compensate the Tigers.

This now results in the Wests Tigers going after former South Sydney Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire for 2019 and beyond.

Thoughts?. People criticised me when I first posted it and now it's a reality, thanks 👍.

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm

A reality because Ali posted it. Oh man this is the greatest thread ever

andrew 474

Post by andrew 474 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:26 pm

Maybe Ivan tried to buy some more quality players and they all said no thanks , so he thinks , Nathan won't come here with this lot I needed coup,e more quality players and none want to come , so il slip up to Penrith , Nathan can Stay and I get a pretty good site and also o good reserve grade side as well

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:27 pm

It is, was, and always will be about Nathan- the whole circus.
Lucky the kid seems to have a good head on his shoulders because he will be wearing the repurcussions of this.
If he turns out to be the super star as expected it will be worth what the Panthers went through, and if he doesnt well he will be judged more harshly than any other current player in the game - and Ivan will have to own some of that burden.
As for us the sooner we get what we are owed from this debacle - go for the jugular like they did to us - and never have to deal with the Dreary Clearys and their special family bond again, the better.

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:28 pm

Ivan has a family decision to make.

1. see out his contract and earn an income

2. Stand down, be in breach of contract which prevents him signing anywhere for the next 2 years and gives the tigers the right to cease payment until he meets the terms of his contract.

He can coach Nathan in the backyard with teddy bears as stand in defenders and the other kids acting as goalposts

tigermac88

Post by tigermac88 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:31 pm

Like another grub once said... “It is what it is”

pdenny77

Post by pdenny77 » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:31 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm
A reality because Ali posted it. Oh man this is the greatest thread ever
Who said it was reality?

Harvey

Post by Harvey » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:32 pm

How many clubs did Ivan play for? Has always been willing to sell himself for his own self interest.

Somehow post playing career has managed to market himself as a man of integrity and a victim despite following the same traits

vlad

Post by vlad » Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:32 pm

Swordy wrote:
Wed 08 Aug, 2018 4:16 pm
Someone is a liar. Gould claims no one from Penrith has offered Ivan Cleary anything remotely resembling a contract, for next year or otherwise.

He tried to save Griffin but the board made him do it.
That contradicts the article from Andrew Webster today ...

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/if-cle ... 4zw2s.html

Meanwhile, Penrith is looking to appoint their third coach in four years.

Only in this beautifully mad sport could a club even consider chasing down a coach they sacked three years ago (after paying out the final year of his deal), to make way for a coach who they have now sacked (whose contract they extended by two years at the end of last season), to make way for the coach they sacked in the first place.

There's some serious Jedi mind flipping, right there.

Greg Alexander could see the insanity of it a few months ago when Gould fronted the Penrith board and said he wanted to sack Griffin.

—————

😂