Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

momo&medo

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by momo&medo » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:15 am

Telltails wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 7:54 am
Things have changed big time for Cleary here - and he will need to be made of steel to last the next two years if things don't improve at our club.
He will be critqued harsher than ever after losses and should we have a run of poor performances his commitment and worth will be constantly questioned and dragged threw the coals.
Still not conviced its the best outcome for him to stay with us could create far more problems than he is worth.
The media will use this to create drama even when it may not exist and we have been down that path before. We dont need that when we are trying to move forward all for the sake of retaining Ivan Cleary imo.
Oh! So nothing has changed?
Can’t say that I’ve seen that this place is a retirement home for anyone ...... ever!

Mccarry

Post by Mccarry » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:15 am

Ahhhh

Just logged in for my morning hit of Tigers drama.

I must say, this thread has been more entertaining than ANY that have come before it.

The twists and the turns. But above all I have been so surprised by how many on here have been able to see through the situation and respect the integrity that the Tiges have shown.

Quote of the thread: source? “The TV”
Threads best Cliche: SG joining late pretending he knows something
High point: the 10 pages around Pascoe and Go Vs Gould appearance
Low Point: the pages of despair when so many thought the club would role over

117 pages! 2100 posts.

Despite everything our Tiges fan base is growing and is as passionate as ever

Go the Tiges!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:17 am

Geo and TCL

Now I'm disappointed I have to spell it out 😂

The article suggesting he would stay dropped last night, rather than people thank or congratulate the club for getting a result after that broke all they did for page after page was talk about their worries, fear and anger.

Understand?
Its an opinion!

diedpretty

Post by diedpretty » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:19 am

supercoach wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:41 am
Rumours and gossip will be with us for the next two years and this drama will not go away. Although it gives us some breathing space to find or groom a new coach.

Probably the best out come but it has come at a cost
I would think all the rumours would stop once NC makes a decision. If he resigns at Penrith it would be a given Ivan would be there in 2021. If he signs here we probably extend Ivans contract. And if he signs elsewhere - thats got me stumped.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:20 am

NT Tiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 8:24 am
Telltails wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 7:54 am
Things have changed big time for Cleary here - and he will need to be made of steel to last the next two years if things don't improve at our club.
He will be critqued harsher than ever after losses and should we have a run of poor performances his commitment and worth will be constantly questioned and dragged threw the coals.
Still not conviced its the best outcome for him to stay with us could create far more problems than he is worth.
The media will use this to create drama even when it may not exist and we have been down that path before. We dont need that when we are trying to move forward all for the sake of retaining Ivan Cleary imo.
My read is that this is exactly what gould set out to achieve by sacking griffin. Try to force Ivans hand by creating a media s4!7fight, knowing that whatever gets thrown, some will stick to Ivan. It's probably why gould just got a contract extension.
If that’s the case Nathan would not be impressed that his dad got shafted.
So puts us at bit of advantage I suppose.

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:28 am

Ivan Cleary live on FoxSports in the next hour or so to talk about his coaching intentions.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:31 am

TigerSkins wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:28 am
Ivan Cleary live on FoxSports in the next hour or so to talk about his coaching intentions.
Which channel? 500?

vlad

Post by vlad » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:37 am

Tweed Tiger wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:31 am
TigerSkins wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:28 am
Which channel? 500?
Yes

tw33k

Post by tw33k » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:38 am

yep..channel 500

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:43 am

Covering press conference live on Fox 500
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:43 am

Cheers

Getting close now..

Newtown

Post by Newtown » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:45 am

Report: Ivan Cleary makes decision on coaching future
IVAN Cleary has reportedly made a decision on his coaching future after Penrith sounded him out about leaving the Wests Tigers.

news.com.auAUGUST 11, 20187:36AM

'I'm confident he'll stay'

IVAN Cleary has reportedly decided to reject Penrith and see out his contract with the Wests Tigers as speculation about his coaching future reached fever pitch this week.

According to The Daily Telegraph, Cleary will quash talk about a return to the club he was sacked from three years ago when he addresses the media at 9.45am, easing the fears of Tigers fans who have been bombarded with talk the Panthers were trying to lure him to the foot of the mountains in 2019.

Cleary is contracted to the Tigers until the end of 2020 but was linked with a move to Penrith after Anthony Griffin was axed just a month out from the finals. Cameron Ciraldo has taken the reins as caretaker coach but Penrith’s general manager of football Phil Gould revealed the club didn’t have a definite replacement for Griffin next year.

Panthers chairman Dave O’Neill, a close friend of Cleary’s, gauged his interest in returning to the club last week and the 47-year-old informed his bosses at the Tigers about the chat, reportedly saying he needed to think about his future.

Cleary never asked for a release from his contract with the joint venture club and the Panthers never tabled a former offer but that didn’t stop the rumour mill going into overdrive that he could well be at the helm at Penrith in 2019.

Earlier in the week Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe and chairwoman Marina Go hit out at the Panthers. Go said pursuing a coach with two more years left to run on his contract was unethical, while Pascoe said Wests wouldn’t be bullied into letting Cleary go without a fight. “We’re not going to be pushed aside or bullied or railroaded by anyone,” Pascoe said. “This club, and myself, have to make decisions that are in the best interests of the Wests Tigers and, first and foremost, our fans, our members and our stakeholders.

“Giving our head coach to a rival club is not a decision that is in the best interest of the fans or stakeholders. “I’m bitterly disappointed that a rival club has decided that it’s appropriate practice to try and poach a coach with two-and-a-half years left on his contract. “My message is very simple: Ivan has been a terrific coach, he has shown great character in what we’re trying to build here and we are going to fight tooth and nail.“This is a really strong, proud club with a lot of rich history and it’s a very different club than what it was previously.”

Although Gould denied it was a factor in Penrith’s talks with Cleary, many believed the western Sydney club’s desire to lure him back had plenty to do with his son Nathan, the Panthers’ star halfback.

Nathan is off contract at the end of 2019 and the father-son duo have spoken openly about wanting to one day team up at an NRL club. By signing Ivan, the Panthers would greatly have increased the likelihood of Nathan — this year’s NSW No. 7 — recommitting to the club on a long-term deal.

But with reports Ivan is determined to stay at the Tigers, they will be hopeful he may be able to convince his son to join him at the joint-venture club in the future.

BigUnit

Post by BigUnit » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:50 am

Will honour contract. Just announced.

Tweed Tiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Tweed Tiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:51 am

Staying as I expected. Gus would be fuming

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:52 am

And there it is.

Well he seemed very emotional and has obviously suffered this week.

I was really uptight about this and voiced that. I have learnt out of this to not believe anything the media say. Cleary has probably gone through a lot of unnecessary pain. Sad.

Now let’s kill the Raiders!!
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Coasttiger

Post by Coasttiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:53 am

He looked super agro about what’s been written and said.
I get the feeling he has really got the dirts with Penrith now.
Hope so.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:54 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:52 am
And there it is.

Well he seemed very emotional and has obviously suffered this week.

I was really uptight about this and voiced that. I have learnt out of this to not believe anything the media say. Cleary has probably gone through a lot of unnecessary pain. Sad.

Now let’s kill the Raiders!!
Hopefully he learns a lesson from this

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sat 11 Aug, 2018 9:55 am

NOVEMBER NOVEMBER NOVEMBER and Nathan is a TIger! Whether next year or 2020. Probably 2020 as Cleary's honour contracts!
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.