Russell wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 9:14 am
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:57 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:36 am
The Patriot wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:08 pm

This is exactly what is happening. the Tele boys are sticking solid pushing their agenda, surprised others dont see this.
It’s in their interest to keep this rolling.
If there is no real news about it any more, then they’ll make it up and hope it stokes some embers.
Both Fox and the Tele don’t have to wait for genuine information,, and hardly ever do,
They live in the hope that someone will say or do something that can be made to look bad for anyone involved in the original occurrences,
They’re not paid to be accurate, and all they do is pick a pathway and lean all their stories down that path

Yep its much more tabloid than newspaper.
Much more toilet paper I'd say.
Dean Ritchie tried to get the story rolling again with Cameron Ciraldo in a desperate “interview”
Which he never actually said he was at the “interview”, and while he never said he was there, it sounded like he wanted people to think so
It was a bit strange.
He’s definetly trying to squeeze some more juice out of the lemon but it’s not coming off to well for him .
The story’s losing momentum quickly, be interesting to see what he (Ritchie) will do next to try and get it moving again

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm

Sometimes i think its more jealousy than anything that we dont like some of these guys. You look at the link earlier to Paul Kents live blog. I thought he handled himself well in it and answered the question on many different topics pretty well.

They are very opinionated and strong willed. Its not much different to most of the regular forum members, except they get paid for it.
Its an opinion!

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm

Demps wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 2:21 pm
Don Kershane wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 2:12 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:33 pm
Kent is one of the worst
Seems to be an oversupply of journos hence the desperation to justify existence and of course keep their jobs. My guess is a few are a bit nervous about their employment . Crawley is the most amateurish of the lot . Not a good look to be thin skinned if you are a journo.
Blame the powers that be who allow these gossip mongers and drama queens the platform to push their dishonesty.

Crawley is suckup with a puffy jaw from spreading all his lies and rumours.

Rothfield. I believe... Is an extremely uneducated sports fan doing a job that 95% of this forum could do. Ain't hard to make things up and write an article about it.

Honestly surprised half these gronky journos haven't been slapped more.

Gordo Tallis nearly copped himself a Farah beating (see Anthony Watts YouTube highlights) for pretending to be a journalist.
Oh, I thought Robbie ran away through a hole in the fence.

upper-d

Post by upper-d » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm
Sometimes i think its more jealousy than anything that we dont like some of these guys. You look at the link earlier to Paul Kents live blog. I thought he handled himself well in it and answered the question on many different topics pretty well.

They are very opinionated and strong willed. Its not much different to most of the regular forum members, except they get paid for it.
I don't think anyone here is jealous of Paul Kent mate.

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:57 pm

It seems clear that Paul Kent and the rest of the media have not got a clue. Kent was saying last week that it was a “done deal” – he was spectacularly wrong.

Kent should come clean about who at Penrith told him the deal was done, and provide details of exactly what the deal was supposed to be.

Last week the media had us believe that Cleary was in the process of deciding his future. The media told us that he addressed the playing group and said that he had an important family decision to make.

Marina Go denied that he told the group that in her television interview. As far as she was concerned Ivan would honour his contract.

Ivan’s brother in law essentially confirmed this when he was quoted in the press saying that Ivan would not return to Penrith while Gould was there, and that he would not renege on his contract with the Tigers. (At the time I thought this was a de facto statement from Ivan – given how tight the family is, I assumed that the brother in law would not go public with this if it were not true.)

A couple of interviews with the players finally confirmed that Ivan had not been in the process of making a decision last week, and had no intention of going to the Panthers in 2019.

First, after the match, Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved when Ivan made his statement to the press. Brooks said (something like) ‘not really, we kinda knew that already’.

On Monday morning ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast (thanks for the link Spartan). ET was asked ‘did Ivan get the boys together and say – whatever you read, I’m here until 2020’. ET replied – yes, he spoke to us early in the week – I think it was Monday.

So, Ivan didn’t have a decision to make last week. Either he had no decision to make because, as he claims, Penrith did not make him an offer; or, perhaps Penrith floated the idea with him and he turned it down, with or without the help of Justin Pascoe.

Either way, I don’t care.

This must be one of the biggest beat-ups in the history of NRL journalism.

For those who still believe Ivan will be at the Panthers in 2019 this would mean that:

1. Ivan lied to the public in his statement to the press;
2. Ivan lied to Justin Pascoe and Marina Go;
3. Ivan got a family member to lie in the press on his behalf; and
4. Ivan lied to the playing group in his private meetings with them.

Personally, I think Ivan will be at the Tigers until at least 2020.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 5:16 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 12:10 pm
Until either Panthers announce a long term coach (3 years +) or Nathan signs with Tigers or Ivan actually comes out and answers questions and confirms he is staying long term and not just reading off a prepared statement (sounding nervous also) I believe he is planing on leaving this BUS...

These are just my thoughts but I am not convinced by his actions and delay in even talking..
He did confirm he is staying long-term - until end 2020 which is the remainder of his contract. Any more "long term" than that is at the discretion of the Tigers and frankly I don't think we'd should be extending him at this time either.

Answering questions or not, reading off a prepared statement or not, he said it out loud, in public and unambiguously. I don't know what else you want? Him to take you by the hand, pull you close, look you deep in the eye and whisper to you he's seeing out his contract?

Balmainian

Post by Balmainian » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 5:52 pm

upper-d wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:56 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm

I don't think anyone here is jealous of Paul Kent mate.
Haha jealuos...........of what exactly.
Jealous that some people out there are hated by the fans of the game and for what......because the art of journalism was lost when it didn't matter what story you published as long as you were first , doesn't matter if its true just gotta be first, doesn't matter who it hurts who it affects just gotta be first.
Go and watch a clip of Denzel Washington slay a reporter for speaking dribble to him and asking for his response.
Journalism is not a profession that's widely respected anymore and i for one am not jealous of people who spend their careers trying to destroy others with complete lack of information.
Happy to take criticism from any sheep out there.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:04 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:27 pm
From Kents live blog

Is it true that IC was signing with the Panthers until J.Pascoe intervened with legal action, and then the Panthers come out and said that he wouldn’t be combining 2019??

-James

PK: Close to the mark.

As a Tigers fan I am happy with the way the club has dealt with the dramas of last week as well as Cleary. What evidence does the media have to say Ivan was lying when he said he intends to honor his contract.

-Daniel

PK: The fact Penrith say the deal is done.

Read more: http://livesports.foxsports.com.au/Even ... z5O7TQKHdy
Yet he said on 360 last night "If cleary isnt at Penrith next year, Bennett will be"
Deal done eh?

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:08 pm

i really dont give a s***, as long as the club stick to there guns. BUT WHAT really worries me, is are ability to sign players for next year and beyond. ivans failure to nip the story in the bud early on does not look good to prospective recruits. really there has been no rumors at all and we may not see any signings at all, or at best MORE FRINGE PLAYERS and that is the last thing we need. the club needs to sign him to a extention to but this to bed for once and for all, or mark my words the club will struggle to sign any gun players.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:18 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:08 pm
i really dont give a s***, as long as the club stick to there guns. BUT WHAT really worries me, is are ability to sign players for next year and beyond. ivans failure to nip the story in the bud early on does not look good to prospective recruits. really there has been no rumors at all and we may not see any signings at all, or at best MORE FRINGE PLAYERS and that is the last thing we need. the club needs to sign him to a extention to but this to bed for once and for all, or mark my words the club will struggle to sign any gun players.
Nice post BP, thats the reality of it.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:23 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:04 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 1:27 pm
From Kents live blog

Is it true that IC was signing with the Panthers until J.Pascoe intervened with legal action, and then the Panthers come out and said that he wouldn’t be combining 2019??

-James

PK: Close to the mark.

As a Tigers fan I am happy with the way the club has dealt with the dramas of last week as well as Cleary. What evidence does the media have to say Ivan was lying when he said he intends to honor his contract.

-Daniel

PK: The fact Penrith say the deal is done.

Read more: http://livesports.foxsports.com.au/Even ... z5O7TQKHdy
Yet he said on 360 last night "If cleary isnt at Penrith next year, Bennett will be"
Deal done eh?
Why is everyone just about the hate for the guy and not using any common sense. It is fairly obvious to me that he is saying that if Pascoe and the Wests Tigers refuse to budge then Penrith will have to go to plan B.

His position seems to be Ivan has agreed to join Penrith but he didnt expect the Wests Tigers to stand so firm. It put Penrith in their place and they might need to consider other options, ie Bennett/ Barrett.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:25 pm

Its just hard for these guys to give this club a compliment.
Its an opinion!

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:27 pm

With the Cleary story running low on fuel atm, Kent needs another horse to whip

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:32 pm

Trent Barrett has quite Manly. I wonder where he is off to?
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:34 pm

Tigerdon wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:32 pm
Centrelink
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tigerdon

Post by Tigerdon » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:37 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:34 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Centrelink
Source. P Kent.
Ivan "Billy Beane from Moneyball" Cleary!
It's the Ivan of the tiger, It's the thrill of the fight...

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:43 pm

This is great news for our club.

Fantastic result for Pascoe and Go and the strength they have shown. Ivan only has the Roosters and Broncos now
Its an opinion!

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:45 pm

hobbo wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 6:34 pm
Tigerdon wrote:
Centrelink
Penrith centrelink probably be his local one now.
No more plodders!
:sign: