TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:52 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:47 pm
News flash........

Cleary to Manly.!!!!!!!

Well, he must be, because he hasn't come out and specifically denied it. He only said he 'intended' to stay.

I demand a press conference IMMEDIATELY and I want Cleary to confirm 100% he is not coaching Manly next year. If he doesn't, it's because he is leaving the door open and where there is smoke, there's fire.
Sorry, I've been at work all day and just read the story about Bennett leaving Broncos at seasons end. He hasn't denied it so That can only mean one thing.....

Cleary to the Broncos!!!!!

I demand a press conference right now with Cleary denying he is going to the Broncos next year !!!!!
Funny how the club didn’t need to come out and say we will take legal action against manly, dragons or Brisbane or anyone else. Funny how the club didn’t come out and say that “we expect Ivan to honour his contract”. Anyone who honestly thinks that Cleary would still be here if the tigers management didn’t kick up a stink is kidding themselves. The only reason it took 5 days for Ivan to speak was because he was trying to wiggle himself out of his contract to get the panthers. Penrith and Ivan would never have thought that our management had the strength to fight back.

A big high five for GO and PASCOE, they come out so much better after this. As for Ivan, think I’ve said enough.
The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:15 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:52 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:47 pm
News flash........

Cleary to Manly.!!!!!!!

Well, he must be, because he hasn't come out and specifically denied it. He only said he 'intended' to stay.

I demand a press conference IMMEDIATELY and I want Cleary to confirm 100% he is not coaching Manly next year. If he doesn't, it's because he is leaving the door open and where there is smoke, there's fire.
Sorry, I've been at work all day and just read the story about Bennett leaving Broncos at seasons end. He hasn't denied it so That can only mean one thing.....

Cleary to the Broncos!!!!!

I demand a press conference right now with Cleary denying he is going to the Broncos next year !!!!!
Funny how the club didn’t need to come out and say we will take legal action against manly, dragons or Brisbane or anyone else. Funny how the club didn’t come out and say that “we expect Ivan to honour his contract”. Anyone who honestly thinks that Cleary would still be here if the tigers management didn’t kick up a stink is kidding themselves. The only reason it took 5 days for Ivan to speak was because he was trying to wiggle himself out of his contract to get the panthers. Penrith and Ivan would never have thought that our management had the strength to fight back.

A big high five for GO and PASCOE, they come out so much better after this. As for Ivan, think I’ve said enough.
The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?
Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.

greatodensraven

Post by greatodensraven » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:28 pm

The players are putting in for Cleary.

That says a lot more than anyone else's assumptions.

Russell

Post by Russell » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm

greatodensraven wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:28 pm

Says it all Mate.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm
It's fairly obvious to me some people here don't know what real news was and how real journos operated... no click bait headlines, no opinions, guesses accusations or veiled threats... Just facts and what happened.
Yes, there were editorials and opinion pieces but everyone knew them for what they were
Thank god you didn’t fall for any of that. Oh wait, did you start the who will be the next tigers coach thread? Lol lol lol
... and what was the result of your poll re: Mr Cleary?

Hypocrite

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:02 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:46 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:
It's fairly obvious to me some people here don't know what real news was and how real journos operated... no click bait headlines, no opinions, guesses accusations or veiled threats... Just facts and what happened.
Yes, there were editorials and opinion pieces but everyone knew them for what they were
Thank god you didn’t fall for any of that. Oh wait, did you start the who will be the next tigers coach thread? Lol lol lol

Hypocrite
I’m not the one preaching about what is real news, fake news and click bait and giving advice about how journos operate. You created the thread about who will be new coach, so either you forgot you did that or your the hyocrite lol.

I’m a hypocrite? How exactly. I said clearys position is untenable in my poll. My position hasn’t changed.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:04 pm

greatodensraven wrote:

✅
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:08 pm

Tiger Steve wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:04 pm
greatodensraven wrote:

✅
Against raiders
win = team putting in for Cleary
Lose= Cleary going to panthers

So then against the bulldogs
Win= team putting in for Cleary
Lose= Cleary meeting with panthers and players didn’t put in for him.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:10 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:02 pm
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:
innsaneink wrote:

Hypocrite
I’m not the one preaching about what is real news, fake news and click bait and giving advice about how journos operate. You created the thread about who will be new coach, so either you forgot you did that or your the hyocrite lol.

I’m a hypocrite? How exactly. I said clearys position is untenable in my poll. My position hasn’t changed.
LOL...preaching...read back and see who I was replying to and you may understand the context...but I doubt it.

Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
Perhaps, as its been alleged, they were considering their legal options...and rather than keep us supporters guessing, maybe it was to not further fuel & feed the trash tabloid journos

LOL fishy

fishy exactly what?

hodgo

Post by hodgo » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:10 pm

Russell wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:38 pm
greatodensraven wrote:

Says it all Mate.
the only real yardstick

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:13 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:10 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:02 pm
innsaneink wrote:
TIGERPOWER wrote:

Hypocrite

LOL...preaching...read back and see who I was replying to and you may understand the context...but I doubt it.

Perhaps, as its been alleged, they were considering their legal options...and rather than keep us supporters guessing, maybe it was to not further fuel & feed the trash tabloid journos

LOL fishy

fishy exactly what?
Why would they need to address their legal options if something fishy wasn’t going on? You would only need to address legal options if Cleary was trying to get out of his contract. Thanks for agreeing on my point.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm

God youre dense.

Panthers approaching Cleary, a contracted coach...is illegal

Weve been thru all this 6 days ago...try to keep up

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm

You can sue for tortuous conduct..Hi bee sting head...ie trying to induce someone to breach a contract..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:32 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
You can sue for tortuous conduct..Hi bee sting head...ie trying to induce someone to breach a contract..
Good

I'm suing you Geo for your tortuous conduct

Probably guessing this will become a class action :roll

Post by 851 » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:39 pm

Penrith this afternoon have again said Barrett or Cartwright are not going there next year.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/15/pen ... eature1508
So who have Penrith got lined up for next year
Go hard or go home

hank37w

Post by hank37w » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:45 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 8:04 pm
Tarl wrote:
Mon 13 Aug, 2018 5:43 pm
The way I see it, we are in the same boat as a month ago. Ie. Ivan is here at least until the end of his contract. If anything, we have more certainty with Ivan saying as much.
WRONG ! Everything is not the same. It’s changed si :sign: gnificantly. The fact that it took Ivan 5 days to respond shows his mind may be be somewhere else! The seed has been planted.
Maybe Ivan was too busy preparing for a must win game against Canberra, which unless I'm mistaken,we actually won despite the trend of recent seasons.

Swordy

Post by Swordy » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm

So why isn't the media all over Barrett and Manly? Trent can put all this to bed right now by coming out right now and stating his position.

Oh thats right, different rules for Barrett and Manly. Cleary was hanged, drawn and quartered by this stage.
Sunshine Coast resident.
Tigers fan since birth in 1969.
Fond memories of Leichhardt Oval every home game as a kid with my Dad!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm

Swordy wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm
So why isn't the media all over Barrett and Manly? Trent can put all this to bed right now by coming out right now and stating his position.

Oh thats right, different rules for Barrett and Manly. Cleary was hanged, drawn and quartered by this stage.
Because Gus says so :bawling