Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

momo&medo

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by momo&medo » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:07 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:25 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:16 pm
Look guys and gals - Paul Kent has joined the forum.
HAha... !
Join the dots
1) Ivan meets Penrith
2)Ivan comes out after 5 days!! later with a nervous press conference and does not justify the mis-information that’s out there.
3) Nathan loves Riff and and the place feels like home!
4) Tyrone Peachey said “I had to leave so they can keep Nathan & RCG”

JOIN THE DOTS !!!!!!

Stop dreaming and trying to convince yourself otherwise, it’s OVER !!!!!!!!!
What’s over? Who knows if we want Cleary as coach in 2 years.
3 years is pretty much standard fare for coaches nowadays.
We just need him focused for next 2 years and continue the rebuild ..... and there is no reason that will not happen. Plenty of good coaches out there.
So really this continued discussion ...... what is this all about? It will be what will be.
:deadhorse:

Tcat

Post by Tcat » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:58 pm
Swordy wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:49 pm
So why isn't the media all over Barrett and Manly? Trent can put all this to bed right now by coming out right now and stating his position.

Oh thats right, different rules for Barrett and Manly. Cleary was hanged, drawn and quartered by this stage.
Because Gus says so :bawling
Maybe take it as a compliment, no one cares that much about Manly atm. I'd also like to think its because the Tigers are more competitive, but really the story of Ivan, Nathan, Gus etc is more juicy to the reporters.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:27 pm

I just watched ICs press conference again reading his statement. Why was he talking with Penrith in the first place?
Let's make the Tigers great again!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:15 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:52 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm

Sorry, I've been at work all day and just read the story about Bennett leaving Broncos at seasons end. He hasn't denied it so That can only mean one thing.....

Cleary to the Broncos!!!!!

I demand a press conference right now with Cleary denying he is going to the Broncos next year !!!!!
Funny how the club didn’t need to come out and say we will take legal action against manly, dragons or Brisbane or anyone else. Funny how the club didn’t come out and say that “we expect Ivan to honour his contract”. Anyone who honestly thinks that Cleary would still be here if the tigers management didn’t kick up a stink is kidding themselves. The only reason it took 5 days for Ivan to speak was because he was trying to wiggle himself out of his contract to get the panthers. Penrith and Ivan would never have thought that our management had the strength to fight back.

A big high five for GO and PASCOE, they come out so much better after this. As for Ivan, think I’ve said enough.
The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?
Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
And I know for a fact , that Ivan was very upset, almost beside himself , that he was unable to
Personally come to your place and calm your doubts,
He fully intended to, but just couldn’t get there, he hopes you will forgive him, as he didn’t want one of his biggest supporters To be left in the dark on his deepest thoughts
You can sleep peacefully now,

fibrodreaming

Post by fibrodreaming » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:36 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:15 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:52 pm
Swordy wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 7:53 pm

Sorry, I've been at work all day and just read the story about Bennett leaving Broncos at seasons end. He hasn't denied it so That can only mean one thing.....

Cleary to the Broncos!!!!!

I demand a press conference right now with Cleary denying he is going to the Broncos next year !!!!!
Funny how the club didn’t need to come out and say we will take legal action against manly, dragons or Brisbane or anyone else. Funny how the club didn’t come out and say that “we expect Ivan to honour his contract”. Anyone who honestly thinks that Cleary would still be here if the tigers management didn’t kick up a stink is kidding themselves. The only reason it took 5 days for Ivan to speak was because he was trying to wiggle himself out of his contract to get the panthers. Penrith and Ivan would never have thought that our management had the strength to fight back.

A big high five for GO and PASCOE, they come out so much better after this. As for Ivan, think I’ve said enough.
The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?
Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
According to the players, while Kent was publishing that Ivan was a done deal to Penrith, Ivan was actually telling the players not to believe the press, he was on the bus.

That is based on what the players have said in interviews. You would have to admit they seemed remarkably jovial in their interviews at the end of the week, especially Benji and the Hooth. They knew all week that Ivan was going nowhere and they played like that on Sunday.

As for why Ivan waited until Saturday to make a statement I don't know. One thing is for sure, the players already knew.

Perhaps he was giving Marina Go an opportunity to give the Panthers a black eye for daring to poach our coach.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:37 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:27 pm
I just watched ICs press conference again reading his statement. Why was he talking with Penrith in the first place?
Parent/ teacher night
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:45 pm

hobbo wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:37 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Parent/ teacher night
:roll
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:56 pm

hobbo wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:37 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Parent/ teacher night
:lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:59 pm

Doesn’t he manage Nathan

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm
Sometimes i think its more jealousy than anything that we dont like some of these guys. You look at the link earlier to Paul Kents live blog. I thought he handled himself well in it and answered the question on many different topics pretty well.

They are very opinionated and strong willed. Its not much different to most of the regular forum members, except they get paid for it.
Kent says whatever he likes, whenever he likes
like all Sports journos he couldnt care less if its true or not, or even if he looks like a dope while hes saying it.
He's his inconsistent self again today, after bucketing on Ivan , Gus , Penrith club, and anyone else that he could vomit on.
Telling us all how terrible it is that CLEARY was supposed to going to break his contract.
While today , hes telling us that Trent Barrett is 'BRAVE" for wanting to break his contract at Manly. No condemnation towards Barrett, everythings is cosy.
Is one broken contract, different from another one? or is Kents mates immume from the type of garbage that he liked to use last week.
One giant Hypocrite!!!!!
I didnt see Kent say anything about how terrible it was that Cleary might break his contract. Do you have any links for that?
Its an opinion!

Cairnstigers

Post by Cairnstigers » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:08 pm

I think it's been put to bed now
It doesnt really matter what happened or what was said
Ivan's here to honor his contract
That's all I can expect and all of us should except that now
If he decides to move on later or stay it doesnt matter
Life goes on
Looking forward to future signings
Trying to make this years finals and kicking butts
And next year ofcourse
All in all
We have beaten the best teams
We have it in us to be right up there in the mix
It's just a matter of everyone believing and performing
Fingers crossed for the next 3 weeks

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:15 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:59 pm
Doesn’t he manage Nathan
He does and he's also mates with a number of Panthers staff, which I believe is not illegal.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:15 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm
It's fairly obvious to me some people here don't know what real news was and how real journos operated... no click bait headlines, no opinions, guesses accusations or veiled threats... Just facts and what happened.
Yes, there were editorials and opinion pieces but everyone knew them for what they were
Thank god you didn’t fall for any of that. Oh wait, did you start the who will be the next tigers coach thread? Lol lol lol
Ohh that is a spectacular catch :lol:

If this forum had a wicket keeper youd be the man.
Its an opinion!

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:19 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:48 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:34 pm
It's fairly obvious to me some people here don't know what real news was and how real journos operated... no click bait headlines, no opinions, guesses accusations or veiled threats... Just facts and what happened.
Yes, there were editorials and opinion pieces but everyone knew them for what they were
Thank god you didn’t fall for any of that. Oh wait, did you start the who will be the next tigers coach thread? Lol lol lol
Ohh that is a spectacular catch :lol:

If this forum had a wicket keeper youd be the man.
Its an opinion!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Because he’s friends with the CEO, and that’s what was said right in the beginning,
Geez Donnie, I’d have thought you’d have all the facts by now, I thought, like you , that you knew everything

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
Because he’s friends with the CEO, and that’s what was said right in the beginning,
Geez Donnie, I’d have thought you’d have all the facts by now, I thought, like you , that you knew everything
I’m pretty good I must say.

I still think the whole thing is fishy and stinks to high heaven.
Let's make the Tigers great again!

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:57 pm

Donald Trump wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:44 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:33 pm
Donald Trump wrote:
I’m pretty good I must say.

I still think the whole thing is fishy and stinks to high heaven.
Well don’t sit near it and you’ll be alright

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:15 pm

The Patriot wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm
Sometimes i think its more jealousy than anything that we dont like some of these guys. You look at the link earlier to Paul Kents live blog. I thought he handled himself well in it and answered the question on many different topics pretty well.

They are very opinionated and strong willed. Its not much different to most of the regular forum members, except they get paid for it.
Kent says whatever he likes, whenever he likes
like all Sports journos he couldnt care less if its true or not, or even if he looks like a dope while hes saying it.
He's his inconsistent self again today, after bucketing on Ivan , Gus , Penrith club, and anyone else that he could vomit on.
Telling us all how terrible it is that CLEARY was supposed to going to break his contract.
While today , hes telling us that Trent Barrett is 'BRAVE" for wanting to break his contract at Manly. No condemnation towards Barrett, everythings is cosy.
Is one broken contract, different from another one? or is Kents mates immume from the type of garbage that he liked to use last week.
One giant Hypocrite!!!!!
I didnt see Kent say anything about how terrible it was that Cleary might break his contract. Do you have any links for that?
The whole

Most of his articles have been attacking ivan For actions that he had no more knowledge than anyone else and mostly attacking Cleary Penrith and Gould.
Griffen has had a whitewash all through this and he’s part of that.
Your right , he never said the word “terrible,” but it’s strange that nothing negative has been said about about Barrett for a similar actions, he’s also called Barrett “Brave”
I don’t keep a scrap book on what hack writers say, 0r a list of links to grubs like him, but I’m sure if you want you will find that most of his stuff is negative about Cleaty, but not so with
Barrett,
Consistent isn’t he.