Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:12 pm

i think when u apply the pub test to this whole debacle, if it smells like a panther walks like a panther, then it surely is a panther. he may be here for 2 more years but does that really benefit the tigers in the long run, people need to pull there heads out of the sand if he stays we are looking at zero signing as players will know what is going on and although i think ivan will give it a good go, but really is his heart in signing us a decent side knowing hes leaving at the 1st chance. time for to look out side the square.


TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm

We have plenty of cap room and probably 5-6 positions left.
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
If they ain’t coming by he ain’t staying.

bp tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2433
Joined: Sun 19 Jun, 2011 6:35 pm

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm
We have plenty of cap room and probably 5-6 positions left.
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
If they ain’t coming by he ain’t staying.
ur right ,only way to fix the mess is to offer ivan a 2 year extention and if he takes it then players will come.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2137
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm
TYGA wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm
We have plenty of cap room and probably 5-6 positions left.
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
If they ain’t coming by he ain’t staying.
ur right ,only way to fix the mess is to offer ivan a 2 year extention and if he takes it then players will come.
Agree 2 year extension with a massive upgrade on the remaining 2 years if he says no plan for the future. I want him to stay he’s a good coach and for his legacy building something at the Tigers will mean more than going back to the Panthers.

magpiecol
Member
Member
Posts: 3144
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by magpiecol » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:25 pm

So, professional league players don't play for money anymore, they play for coaches.

Wow, who knew.


User avatar
Tigerdave
Member
Member
Posts: 11041
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:04 am
Location: Lismore

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

all kinda weird if he's going then in 2 years time, why Nathan hasn't signed with the Panthers, don't understand why he's still waiting to decide what he's going to do

snowleopard
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Thu 08 Sep, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Syney NZ Manila

Post by snowleopard » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm

Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 988
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:59 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:36 pm
tigerap wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:16 pm
tigerap wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:12 pm


Humorous though
Maybe if the average reader is 12 years of age.
is that so....an articulate lot we are for average of 12 years old
Its not so much the age of people on here who are 12 that worry me its the people who have the IQ of 12.Thankfully its only a few that believe the "fake news" that news ltd peddle
Yay!!!!!!! Somebody wrote "peddle" instead of "pedal"! I was starting to wonder where all the bikes were going to come from.

User avatar
sideline eye
Member
Member
Posts: 988
Joined: Fri 07 Mar, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by sideline eye » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
You can sue for tortuous conduct..Hi bee sting head...ie trying to induce someone to breach a contract..
In civil law, a tort is an act that brings harm to someone — one that infringes on the rights of others. The adjective tortious therefore describes something related to a tort. Tortious interference occurs when you intentionally harm someone's business.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2241
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:18 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:57 am
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan? obviousl,, Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best chance of him coaching Nathan Would be at Penrith. You will find, Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned at that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.
If Nathan wants to stay at Penrith why do they need to sweeten the deal with Ivan..?
.....from what I understand, Nathan & Mum have plenty of pull in the Cleary household. Ivan just wants to make his family happy. That’s all ! He will definitely be going to Penrith & don’t be surprised when Gus pulls the pin on being the GM when Ivan arrives as part of the deal.
In 2 years time.,, it will be back to the old drawing board with a new coach for Wests Tigers And their long suffering supporters.
Gus has a contract with Penriff till end of 2023...he ain’t going nowhere beforehand

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5340
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:32 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
I got a feeling he's going. His replacement will dictate how I feel about it.

Nucky Thompson
Member
Member
Posts: 1320
Joined: Sun 09 Oct, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:15 am

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
Yep

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6105
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:00 am

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:12 pm
i think when u apply the pub test to this whole debacle, if it smells like a panther walks like a panther, then it surely is a panther. he may be here for 2 more years but does that really benefit the tigers in the long run, people need to pull there heads out of the sand if he stays we are looking at zero signing as players will know what is going on and although i think ivan will give it a good go, but really is his heart in signing us a decent side knowing hes leaving at the 1st chance. time for to look out side the square.
Players will know that he’s here for two years officially,
Which is about as far ahead as anyone can predict in the NRL,
By the look of things Barrett has broken his contract, the Broncs are trying to get Bennett to break his,
Griffins got the chop, and I’m surprised how he lasted this long.
Who knows what will happen in two years
We’re turning into a bunch of nervous nellies

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6105
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:02 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:15 am
snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
Yep
That there also tired of talking about Ivan.

Byron Bay Fan
Member
Member
Posts: 4825
Joined: Sat 17 Oct, 2015 2:14 pm

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:05 am

Ivan could have done better by bringing His Royal Highness back to Tigers earlier if legally possible. Once Liddle was injured and we knew it was serious Ivan should have been putting out the feelers for Farah to keep the team on track. If you have got to do something then you do it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 6105
Joined: Sat 12 Apr, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:10 am

TYGA wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm
We have plenty of cap room and probably 5-6 positions left.
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
If they ain’t coming by he ain’t staying.
We’ve hardly ever been able to sign those sort of top players, so how come we blame Cleary if the same thing happens now.?

User avatar
The Patriot
Member
Member
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri 16 Feb, 2018 8:39 am

Post by The Patriot » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:17 am

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
I love a good join the dots but youve lost me here.

Cant see how you can draw a line based on that.
Its an opinion!

Elderslie Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 302
Joined: Fri 28 Apr, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Elderslie Tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:53 am

Coaching merry go round try this
Siebold to Broncos
Bennett to Souffs
Barrett to Raiders (Ricky to head of football)
Griffen to Manly ( Old school coach to a club that being run old school)
Mary McGregor to ?????

Post Reply