goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 8:15 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 7:02 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:55 pm
The Patriot wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 4:33 pm
Sometimes i think its more jealousy than anything that we dont like some of these guys. You look at the link earlier to Paul Kents live blog. I thought he handled himself well in it and answered the question on many different topics pretty well.

They are very opinionated and strong willed. Its not much different to most of the regular forum members, except they get paid for it.
Kent says whatever he likes, whenever he likes
like all Sports journos he couldnt care less if its true or not, or even if he looks like a dope while hes saying it.
He's his inconsistent self again today, after bucketing on Ivan , Gus , Penrith club, and anyone else that he could vomit on.
Telling us all how terrible it is that CLEARY was supposed to going to break his contract.
While today , hes telling us that Trent Barrett is 'BRAVE" for wanting to break his contract at Manly. No condemnation towards Barrett, everythings is cosy.
Is one broken contract, different from another one? or is Kents mates immume from the type of garbage that he liked to use last week.
One giant Hypocrite!!!!!
I didnt see Kent say anything about how terrible it was that Cleary might break his contract. Do you have any links for that?
The whole

Most of his articles have been attacking ivan For actions that he had no more knowledge than anyone else and mostly attacking Cleary Penrith and Gould.
Griffen has had a whitewash all through this and he’s part of that.
Your right , he never said the word “terrible,” but it’s strange that nothing negative has been said about about Barrett for a similar actions, he’s also called Barrett “Brave”
I don’t keep a scrap book on what hack writers say, 0r a list of links to grubs like him, but I’m sure if you want you will find that most of his stuff is negative about Cleaty, but not so with
Barrett,
Consistent isn’t he.

Sorry i just dont see the point you are trying to make. I understand it but i just dont see it.

For me he has shown no double standards or hypocricisy. He said many things about the Cleary and Gould situation but i didnt read one piece where he was critical of Ivan in the way you are describing.

As i said show me a link.
Its an opinion!

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:12 pm

i think when u apply the pub test to this whole debacle, if it smells like a panther walks like a panther, then it surely is a panther. he may be here for 2 more years but does that really benefit the tigers in the long run, people need to pull there heads out of the sand if he stays we are looking at zero signing as players will know what is going on and although i think ivan will give it a good go, but really is his heart in signing us a decent side knowing hes leaving at the 1st chance. time for to look out side the square.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm

We have plenty of cap room and probably 5-6 positions left.
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
If they ain’t coming by he ain’t staying.

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm

TYGA wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm
If we can’t sign the likes of Taupau, Kelly, Feki, Cleary, Tupou etc the Market is telling you Ivan is leaving. I don’t believe rumour merchants but Ivan was ranked second best coach to play for in a NRL players poll.
ur right ,only way to fix the mess is to offer ivan a 2 year extention and if he takes it then players will come.

TYGA

Post by TYGA » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:54 pm

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:46 pm
TYGA wrote:
ur right ,only way to fix the mess is to offer ivan a 2 year extention and if he takes it then players will come.
Agree 2 year extension with a massive upgrade on the remaining 2 years if he says no plan for the future. I want him to stay he’s a good coach and for his legacy building something at the Tigers will mean more than going back to the Panthers.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:25 pm

So, professional league players don't play for money anymore, they play for coaches.

Wow, who knew.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

all kinda weird if he's going then in 2 years time, why Nathan hasn't signed with the Panthers, don't understand why he's still waiting to decide what he's going to do

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm

Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:59 pm

jadtiger wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 10:36 pm
tigerap wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:43 pm
willow wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:16 pm
tigerap wrote:
Tue 14 Aug, 2018 8:12 pm

Humorous though
Maybe if the average reader is 12 years of age.
is that so....an articulate lot we are for average of 12 years old
Its not so much the age of people on here who are 12 that worry me its the people who have the IQ of 12.Thankfully its only a few that believe the "fake news" that news ltd peddle
Yay!!!!!!! Somebody wrote "peddle" instead of "pedal"! I was starting to wonder where all the bikes were going to come from.

sideline eye

Post by sideline eye » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:10 pm

Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
You can sue for tortuous conduct..Hi bee sting head...ie trying to induce someone to breach a contract..
In civil law, a tort is an act that brings harm to someone — one that infringes on the rights of others. The adjective tortious therefore describes something related to a tort. Tortious interference occurs when you intentionally harm someone's business.

tigerap

Post by tigerap » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:18 pm

OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:12 pm
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 12:06 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:57 am
OldMagpie wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:11 am
You can forget Nathan ever coming to the Wests Tigers. Why do you think Penrith have tried hard to sign Ivan? obviousl,, Ivan knows that his son wants to stay at Penrith. So the best chance of him coaching Nathan Would be at Penrith. You will find, Ivan will bide his time for two years and then Off he goes. The reason he mentioned at that press conference, that he still wants the coach his son, is so he can justify it when he leaves us. Make no mistake about it.
If Nathan wants to stay at Penrith why do they need to sweeten the deal with Ivan..?
.....from what I understand, Nathan & Mum have plenty of pull in the Cleary household. Ivan just wants to make his family happy. That’s all ! He will definitely be going to Penrith & don’t be surprised when Gus pulls the pin on being the GM when Ivan arrives as part of the deal.
In 2 years time.,, it will be back to the old drawing board with a new coach for Wests Tigers And their long suffering supporters.
Gus has a contract with Penriff till end of 2023...he ain’t going nowhere beforehand

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:32 pm

snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
I got a feeling he's going. His replacement will dictate how I feel about it.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:15 am

snowleopard wrote:
Yep

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:00 am

bp tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 9:12 pm
i think when u apply the pub test to this whole debacle, if it smells like a panther walks like a panther, then it surely is a panther. he may be here for 2 more years but does that really benefit the tigers in the long run, people need to pull there heads out of the sand if he stays we are looking at zero signing as players will know what is going on and although i think ivan will give it a good go, but really is his heart in signing us a decent side knowing hes leaving at the 1st chance. time for to look out side the square.
Players will know that he’s here for two years officially,
Which is about as far ahead as anyone can predict in the NRL,
By the look of things Barrett has broken his contract, the Broncs are trying to get Bennett to break his,
Griffins got the chop, and I’m surprised how he lasted this long.
Who knows what will happen in two years
We’re turning into a bunch of nervous nellies

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:02 am

Nucky Thompson wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 6:15 am
snowleopard wrote:
Yep
That there also tired of talking about Ivan.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:05 am

Ivan could have done better by bringing His Royal Highness back to Tigers earlier if legally possible. Once Liddle was injured and we knew it was serious Ivan should have been putting out the feelers for Farah to keep the team on track. If you have got to do something then you do it.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:10 am

TYGA wrote:
We’ve hardly ever been able to sign those sort of top players, so how come we blame Cleary if the same thing happens now.?

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:17 am

snowleopard wrote:
I love a good join the dots but youve lost me here.

Cant see how you can draw a line based on that.
Its an opinion!