Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

goldcoast tiger

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by goldcoast tiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:59 am

sideline eye wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 11:10 pm
Geo. wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:29 pm
You can sue for tortuous conduct..Hi bee sting head...ie trying to induce someone to breach a contract..
In civil law, a tort is an act that brings harm to someone — one that infringes on the rights of others. The adjective tortious therefore describes something related to a tort. Tortious interference occurs when you intentionally harm someone's business.
Clubs would be very reluctant to get into a courtroom in case some of their own skeletons are unearthed, ,
Pity, it could be interesting

TCL
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by TCL » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 8:07 am

Hope he stays, would like his son to come across and partner Brooks.

I don't know why Ivan would go back, based on reports and interviews Gus said Ivan was looking tired and worn, so he was going to sack him. He asked Ivan how he was going to change things and Ivan said he was going to ask Gus for more involvement. So what did Gus do? He sacked him.

Here is a Ivan that Gus clearly notices is struggling. Gus asks him what he wants and Ivan responds, more help from Gus, a man who can't keep his nose out of the coaches business and Gus' response to that is to sack him.

If I was Ivan I would never go anywhere near Gus and the panthers. In fact i wouldnt want want my son there neither.

I just don't get why Ivan would want to go back unless money is the real motivator and not coaching his son.

OldMagpie

Post by OldMagpie » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:29 am

snowleopard

Post by snowleopard » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:30 am

The Patriot wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:17 am
snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
I love a good join the dots but youve lost me here.

Cant see how you can draw a line based on that.
The journos (Reid, Kent, Ikin) asked him about everyone except Ivan when on every other Fox show they continue to question what is really going on with Ivan and Nathan and the Panthers. He is a Director of Penrith and must know what happened or is going tp happen but was never asked.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:49 am

snowleopard wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:30 am
The Patriot wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 7:17 am
snowleopard wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 10:50 pm
Watching both Fox shows tonight with Brandy as a guest talking about the coaching situation at Panthers they never once asked him about Ivan and he never mentioned Ivan at all. What does that say about what is going to happen?
I love a good join the dots but youve lost me here.

Cant see how you can draw a line based on that.
The journos (Reid, Kent, Ikin) asked him about everyone except Ivan when on every other Fox show they continue to question what is really going on with Ivan and Nathan and the Panthers. He is a Director of Penrith and must know what happened or is going tp happen but was never asked.
Yep because they are his mates and he works with them they didn't out him on the spot. But that in itself doesn't tell me anything about what Ivan might do.
Its an opinion!

TopTiger

Post by TopTiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:04 am

OldMagpie wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 10:29 am
This was very well written

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.the ... attle/amp/
Agree, good article!!

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:29 am

Heres the rule

People Who KNOW never talk and People who talk never Know.

Again I will state.

The Tigers need to present themselves as not just a viable but a DESIRABLE destination for Fans, players and staff to be attracted to.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:31 am

First Step, Start making the Semi finals

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:31 am

Tigers17

Post by Tigers17 » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:48 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:29 am
Heres the rule

People Who KNOW never talk and People who talk never Know.

Again I will state.

The Tigers need to present themselves as not just a viable but a DESIRABLE destination for Fans, players and staff to be attracted to.
IMPRESSIVE.

yeti

Post by yeti » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:50 am

Spartan117 wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:31 am
A work in progress Spartan. And you never know, we just might accomplish the first step this year.
The facts are, though, that the Wests Tigers have made enormous strides forward in terms of becoming a financially stable and independent entity. Maybe not quite there yet, but close. Secondly, the Board appears united and appears to be working extremely well with the CEO.
The first steps to finally getting a COE have been taken and is looking extremely positive for the future.
The team is starting to take shape. Still a few players short of a top squad, but no-one can question the work ethic of the team and the efforts being made most weeks.
I don't think that Wests Tigers being a 'go to' destination is that far away as long as next year is a continuation of the improvements made this year.
I'm very bullish about the short term and long term future of this club.

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:44 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm
God youre dense.

Panthers approaching Cleary, a contracted coach...is illegal

Weve been thru all this 6 days ago...try to keep up
What are you talking about. Ask mr Gould, no offer was made to Ivan. They were having coffee discussing old times. The whole thing was a media beat up, and it took us 5 days to let Ivan hose it down because he was super busy .

How’s your who will the tigers next coach thread going? Lol lol

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:47 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:15 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 2:52 pm

Funny how the club didn’t need to come out and say we will take legal action against manly, dragons or Brisbane or anyone else. Funny how the club didn’t come out and say that “we expect Ivan to honour his contract”. Anyone who honestly thinks that Cleary would still be here if the tigers management didn’t kick up a stink is kidding themselves. The only reason it took 5 days for Ivan to speak was because he was trying to wiggle himself out of his contract to get the panthers. Penrith and Ivan would never have thought that our management had the strength to fight back.

A big high five for GO and PASCOE, they come out so much better after this. As for Ivan, think I’ve said enough.
The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?
Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
And I know for a fact , that Ivan was very upset, almost beside himself , that he was unable to
Personally come to your place and calm your doubts,
He fully intended to, but just couldn’t get there, he hopes you will forgive him, as he didn’t want one of his biggest supporters To be left in the dark on his deepest thoughts
You can sleep peacefully now,
Damn you got me good. Tell Ivan since you know him personally, why did he make me lose 5 nights of sleep when he was staying all along. Also apologise on my behalf to him that as a paying member of the club that I had to put with 5 days of uncertainty because Ivan’s pride wouldn’t let him answer the questions about his future.

Byron Bay Fan

Post by Byron Bay Fan » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:53 pm

Ivan was just getting, like all parents do, the teacher's six monthly report on their child's progress. As innocent as Woodsy and the Bulldog mob having smoko together.
Malcolm Knox: What has happened this week is a pity for the Tigers, a pity for Jason Taylor and a pity for Robbie Farah, who had achieved more than the Big Four put together but was somehow turned into collateral damage. (SMH 25-26 March, 2017)

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:56 pm

He’s Nathan’s manager. Is it a massive conflict of interest =yes. But if he wants to go visit to discuss Nathan and get side swiped with his own coaching what is he supposed to do

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm

Byron Bay Fan wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:53 pm
Ivan was just getting, like all parents do, the teacher's six monthly report on their child's progress. As innocent as Woodsy and the Bulldog mob having smoko together.
Lol oh okay , it’s all good then. So then he’d need to do these parent /teachers pretty often until Nathan goes to Ivan’s school lol or vice versa.

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm

TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:47 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:15 pm

The proposition that Cleary spent last week considering his position has been proved to be garbage by the players themselves.

Sure, Cleary didn't make a public statement until Saturday morning, but when Luke Brooks was asked if the players were relieved at Cleary's statement, he said no, they already knew he was staying.

When ET was interviewed on Big Sports Breakfast on Monday morning he said Cleary spoke to the players early in the week (he thought it was Monday) and told them not to believe what they read in the press, he said he was not going anywhere.

So, given that, why do some still perpetuate the myth that Ivan didn't make up his mind until the end of the week ?
Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
And I know for a fact , that Ivan was very upset, almost beside himself , that he was unable to
Personally come to your place and calm your doubts,
He fully intended to, but just couldn’t get there, he hopes you will forgive him, as he didn’t want one of his biggest supporters To be left in the dark on his deepest thoughts
You can sleep peacefully now,
Damn you got me good. Tell Ivan since you know him personally, why did he make me lose 5 nights of sleep when he was staying all along. Also apologise on my behalf to him that as a paying member of the club that I had to put with 5 days of uncertainty because Ivan’s pride wouldn’t let him answer the questions about his future.
You poor poor petal!
He must have not realized that the world revolves around your wishes!

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 2:04 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:56 pm
He’s Nathan’s manager. Is it a massive conflict of interest =yes. But if he wants to go visit to discuss Nathan and get side swiped with his own coaching what is he supposed to do
Not quite both are managed by Wayne Beavis..
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..