Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

AnnandaleTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 661
Joined: Fri 31 Mar, 2017 9:49 am

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 9:13 am

Or long term visitors that decided to be less passive


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29569
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 9:17 am

People can't help themselves, they troll.... Get banned, say "I don't care" yet go to all the trouble of registering a new acct/new name... But they're easy to spot.
It's pretty sad really

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33102
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:05 am

Moving forward, it would be appreciated if people can stick to the topic at hand.

81Tiger
Posts: 23
Joined: Sat 02 Jul, 2016 7:20 pm

Post by 81Tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:08 am

Last night at end of the footy show Freddy slipped into a sentence “when Ivan joins the Panthers next year” then kind of paused and tried to imply he meant “if”... hope it’s nothing but it didn’t seem like he was trying to make a joke, more a slip of the tongue. I assume he is very tight with Gus and privy to what he knows. Make of it what you will.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5974
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:34 am

innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 4:11 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm
God youre dense.

Panthers approaching Cleary, a contracted coach...is illegal

Weve been thru all this 6 days ago...try to keep up
What are you talking about. Ask mr Gould, no offer was made to Ivan. They were having coffee discussing old times. The whole thing was a media beat up, and it took us 5 days to let Ivan hose it down because he was super busy .

How’s your who will the tigers next coach thread going? Lol lol
Ask Gould? :roll
You must be the only fool that believes that BS artist

Now you reckon the whole things a media beat up...yet you still believe Ivans position here is untenable???

Make up your mind
This wasnt a beat up, the panthers made a move behind closed doors and they haven't been able to pull it of just yet.

Ultimate call is to retain Cleary Jnr even if its coupled with hiring the coach the same management thought he wasn't good enough at the time.


User avatar
fibrodreaming
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by fibrodreaming » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:04 pm

Spartan117 wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:34 am
innsaneink wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 4:11 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:44 pm
innsaneink wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 5:26 pm
God youre dense.

Panthers approaching Cleary, a contracted coach...is illegal

Weve been thru all this 6 days ago...try to keep up
What are you talking about. Ask mr Gould, no offer was made to Ivan. They were having coffee discussing old times. The whole thing was a media beat up, and it took us 5 days to let Ivan hose it down because he was super busy .

How’s your who will the tigers next coach thread going? Lol lol
Ask Gould? :roll
You must be the only fool that believes that BS artist

Now you reckon the whole things a media beat up...yet you still believe Ivans position here is untenable???

Make up your mind
This wasnt a beat up, the panthers made a move behind closed doors and they haven't been able to pull it of just yet.

Ultimate call is to retain Cleary Jnr even if its coupled with hiring the coach the same management thought he wasn't good enough at the time.
I'd suggest that the "Ivan is a done deal to the Panthers" is a beat up. Otherwise, why did Ivan categorically and unambiguously deny he had received an offer and say that he intended to see out his contract.

Sounds like a beat up to me.

User avatar
851
Member
Member
Posts: 6428
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by 851 » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:11 pm

81Tiger wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Last night at end of the footy show Freddy slipped into a sentence “when Ivan joins the Panthers next year” then kind of paused and tried to imply he meant “if”... hope it’s nothing but it didn’t seem like he was trying to make a joke, more a slip of the tongue. I assume he is very tight with Gus and privy to what he knows. Make of it what you will.
Girdler said why would Manly sign Hasler, he was sacked from there, Freddy said well Penrith did with Cleary. Then when called on it said "supposedly".
I think from his expression he let that slip, the story wont go away, there is something to this
Go hard or go home

Tcat
Member
Member
Posts: 147
Joined: Wed 08 Aug, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Tcat » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:20 pm

851 wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:11 pm
81Tiger wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Last night at end of the footy show Freddy slipped into a sentence “when Ivan joins the Panthers next year” then kind of paused and tried to imply he meant “if”... hope it’s nothing but it didn’t seem like he was trying to make a joke, more a slip of the tongue. I assume he is very tight with Gus and privy to what he knows. Make of it what you will.
Girdler said why would Manly sign Hasler, he was sacked from there, Freddy said well Penrith did with Cleary. Then when called on it said "supposedly".
I think from his expression he let that slip, the story wont go away, there is something to this
Poor old Freddy isn't the sharpest tool. Probably good for a laugh, but cringe worthy to watch behind a camera.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm

I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.

pdenny77
Member
Member
Posts: 181
Joined: Sat 16 Feb, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by pdenny77 » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:05 pm

Demps wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 7:38 am
willow wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 6:46 am
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 5:55 pm
willow wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 5:25 pm
Quit the trolling guys - that's you TIGERPOWER or this thread will close.
Why have all my recent posts been deleted? Did the truth upset a few people?
Your posts are trolling other users - don't be daft or you can take a hike. I cannot be any clearer than that.
We don't even take notice of users with sign up dates after 2015

Keep up the good work Willow,
Legend!
Just made me check my profile. 2013. BOOYAH!

hsvjones
Member
Member
Posts: 305
Joined: Wed 02 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

Post by hsvjones » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm

TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this as it would of been put to bed properly by actually talking to the media.

My main concern is that this happens after season and we miss out on a good coach and have to start all over again..

My Choice would be Michael M or Wayne Bennett (Only if Ivan leaves )

User avatar
swag tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 2618
Joined: Wed 11 Nov, 2015 2:58 pm
Location: tiger island

Post by swag tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:14 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this as it would of been put to bed properly by actually talking to the media.

My main concern is that this happens after season and we miss out on a good coach and have to start all over again..

My Choice would be Michael M or Wayne Bennett (Only if Ivan leaves )
Would Wayne bring Darius?
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2

User avatar
TigerTiger
Member
Member
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue 13 Jun, 2017 4:56 pm

Post by TigerTiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:20 pm

I'm hoping end of season we sign Nathan. I don't think he is the absolute be-all-and-end-all of what we need, but I want him bad to shut the media up about Ivan going.

And how good would it be to stick it up that turnip Gould.
A one eyed supporter, mostly :crazy, always :sign:

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29643
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:23 pm

Sign a player for spite..I like it..

Can we sign Taumalolo to stick it to the Cowgirls..and Taupau to give it to them Manly Scumbags for paying overs to get him..
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

User avatar
fibrodreaming
Member
Member
Posts: 359
Joined: Mon 28 Mar, 2011 4:36 pm

Post by fibrodreaming » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this as it would of been put to bed properly by actually talking to the media.

My main concern is that this happens after season and we miss out on a good coach and have to start all over again..

My Choice would be Michael M or Wayne Bennett (Only if Ivan leaves )
The problem with your interpretation is that when people in the public eye make categorical, unambiguous statements such as: (a) “I have not received any offer from the Panthers, nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release”; and “…. I intend to honour this contract”, I’m inclined to believe them.

The reason is that smart people don’t tell deliberate lies if there is a chance they will be caught out. They certainly don’t tell barefaced lies, which the above statements would prove to be, if he intended to take up a coaching position with the Panthers in 2019.

If Cleary intended to take up a contract with Penrith in 2019 he would not have been so unequivocal in his statement.

TYGA
Member
Member
Posts: 2306
Joined: Sat 23 May, 2015 11:17 pm

Post by TYGA » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:44 pm

fibrodreaming wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm
hsvjones wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this as it would of been put to bed properly by actually talking to the media.

My main concern is that this happens after season and we miss out on a good coach and have to start all over again..

My Choice would be Michael M or Wayne Bennett (Only if Ivan leaves )
The problem with your interpretation is that when people in the public eye make categorical, unambiguous statements such as: (a) “I have not received any offer from the Panthers, nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release”; and “…. I intend to honour this contract”, I’m inclined to believe them.

The reason is that smart people don’t tell deliberate lies if there is a chance they will be caught out. They certainly don’t tell barefaced lies, which the above statements would prove to be, if he intended to take up a coaching position with the Panthers in 2019.

If Cleary intended to take up a contract with Penrith in 2019 he would not have been so unequivocal in his statement.
He has to deny any contract has been offered otherwise he would be in court with Gus. He also has to state he will see out his contract he is legally obliged to fulfil it.
This is where it gets murky if he is leaving likely at the end of his deal and has told Pascoe this it’s untenable and he will be released. Oldest trick in the book it will come out as mutual agreement. If Maquire is available I’d waste no time and get it done.
West’s have the cash Cleary can coach the Magpies.

tigerap
Member
Member
Posts: 2365
Joined: Tue 06 Oct, 2015 10:08 pm

Post by tigerap » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:46 pm

81Tiger wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Last night at end of the footy show Freddy slipped into a sentence “when Ivan joins the Panthers next year” then kind of paused and tried to imply he meant “if”... hope it’s nothing but it didn’t seem like he was trying to make a joke, more a slip of the tongue. I assume he is very tight with Gus and privy to what he knows. Make of it what you will.
Even over on the Matty Johns Thursday night show when they referenced Ivan Cleary and Penriff is was said in a tone that its a "done deal" that Cleary will end up at Penriff in 2021 or earlier and if the Tigers were smart they would take away the recruitment ownership away from Cleary whilst he is there to avoid the new coach inheriting a "Hasler style mess"

gallagher
Member
Member
Posts: 5610
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:18 pm

Post by gallagher » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:51 pm

hsvjones wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:11 pm
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 12:57 pm
I’d be very surprised if Cleary is not released by November. I think it’s more than likely Our management was out manoeuvred by Penrith. I hope he stays but it’s unlikely in my view. It’s probably all denial stuff until the season finishes.
Unfortunately I agree with you on this as it would of been put to bed properly by actually talking to the media.

My main concern is that this happens after season and we miss out on a good coach and have to start all over again..

My Choice would be Michael M or Wayne Bennett (Only if Ivan leaves )
The clubs management will know if Cleary leaving is correct or not. They'll be talking to coaches now.

Locked