Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by 851 » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:08 am

Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
Oh dear! There’s a fluff piece on the Tigers web site about Matalino. It goes to some length to reassure us that if Ivan was to go to Penrith, matalino would see out his contract.

As I said in an earlier post, I am hanging on to the belief Ivan is a man of his word but everything else is pointing to an early exit.
I tend to agree, I haven’t had a go at Ivan or his intentions, I like Cleary, he was a blessing after our last coach.
But Ivan has sat through some horrible performances by us, seen some dead set diabolical officiating against us and never looked flustered.
But his press statement was nothing like what we know of Ivan, or expect of him.
I really want him for the long haul, but I just don’t think it will work out like that.
Maybe nothing fazes Ivan when he is being 100% honest, and that wasn’t the case last Saturday, I don’t know.
I still won’t bag the bloke but there are these stories from all around the place that says he is off the bus at the next stop.
I just hope Pascoe has a plan if this is indeed going to happen, we have made a stack of progress this year, we need to keep it going.
Last edited by 851 on Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go hard or go home

AnnandaleTiger

Post by AnnandaleTiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:09 am

He answered a question, the question got made in to the headline. And it goes on.

Donald Trump

Post by Donald Trump » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:09 am

Demps wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:43 am
Donald Trump wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 10:40 pm
Mmmm. Might have a look at league Unlimited
Take care.
Thanks for your concern Demps. Kisses
Let's make the Tigers great again!

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:27 am

851 wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:08 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Oh dear! There’s a fluff piece on the Tigers web site about Matalino. It goes to some length to reassure us that if Ivan was to go to Penrith, matalino would see out his contract.

As I said in an earlier post, I am hanging on to the belief Ivan is a man of his word but everything else is pointing to an early exit.
I tend to agree, I haven’t had a go at Ivan or his intentions, I like Cleary, he was a blessing after our last coach.
But Ivan has sat through some horrible performances by us, seen some dead set diabolical officiating against us and never looked flustered.
But his press statement was nothing like what we know of Ivan, or expect of him.
I really want him for the long haul, but I just don’t think it will work out like that.
Maybe nothing fazes Ivan when he is being 100% honest, and that wasn’t the case last Saturday, I don’t know.
I still won’t bag the bloke but there are these stories from all around the place that says he is off the bus at the next stop.
I just hope Pascoe has a plan if this is indeed going to happen, we have made a stack of progress this year, we need to keep it going.
I can certainly agree with you on this coaching issue and even your first sentence.

I have not attacked him either and will have no major problem as a result of this past month or so if he stays on to see out his contract, or takes off over the summer, but following a half arsed denial and commitment statement, anyone adopting a three monkeys approach to the situation just does not cut it.

oldprop
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by oldprop » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 3:51 pm

Ivan still owns a house in Leonay, near Emu Plains. Just saying.
Need more props.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm

Michael Maguire at the game today... interested spectator.

gallagher

Post by gallagher » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:28 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:24 pm
Run away Madge , the plod will get you.

goldcoast tiger

Post by goldcoast tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:43 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:10 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:05 am
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:44 pm
fibrodreaming wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:24 pm

The problem with your interpretation is that when people in the public eye make categorical, unambiguous statements such as: (a) “I have not received any offer from the Panthers, nor have I asked the Wests Tigers for a release”; and “…. I intend to honour this contract”, I’m inclined to believe them.

The reason is that smart people don’t tell deliberate lies if there is a chance they will be caught out. They certainly don’t tell barefaced lies, which the above statements would prove to be, if he intended to take up a coaching position with the Panthers in 2019.

If Cleary intended to take up a contract with Penrith in 2019 he would not have been so unequivocal in his statement.
He has to deny any contract has been offered otherwise he would be in court with Gus. He also has to state he will see out his contract he is legally obliged to fulfil it.
This is where it gets murky if he is leaving likely at the end of his deal and has told Pascoe this it’s untenable and he will be released. Oldest trick in the book it will come out as mutual agreement. If Maquire is available I’d waste no time and get it done.
West’s have the cash Cleary can coach the Magpies.
It will be a long time before you see Any NRL club in a court action with any player, or Coach, too many skeletons in their cupboard, they would avoid that at all costs.
Any threats of serious Court action,
Would be just that, Threaths.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:57 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Interesting indeed
No more plodders!
:sign:

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:57 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Interesting indeed
Might have been there in case Mary's mob bottled it. I reckon if they bomb out of the finals he'll be on thin ice.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Needaname

Post by Needaname » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:12 pm

In case anyone was interested....

Don’t believe hype – at least where Madge is concerned
By Adrian Proszenko
18 August 2018 — 8:42pm
At some point this week, Michael Maguire will be spotted at either Penrith or Wests Tigers and the rugby league world will go into meltdown. Maguire is perhaps the best qualified coach not coaching an NRL club, but he is keen to do so.

In the current climate, in which almost no clipboard holder is safe, his appearance at the Panthers or Tigers will fuel the rumour mill.

New challenge: A premiership with Souths in 2014 gives Michael Maguire the right pedigree in a bull coaching market.
New challenge: A premiership with Souths in 2014 gives Michael Maguire the right pedigree in a bull coaching market.
Photo: Brendan Esposito
Maguire is scheduled for a series of club visits in his capacity as the New Zealand coach, so he can touch base with existing and prospective Kiwis players.

Given the madness that is the coaching carousel, people are likely to misread the situation.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Interesting indeed
Might have been there in case Mary's mob bottled it. I reckon if they bomb out of the finals he'll be on thin ice.
Probably right re Mary. Most likely only there to watch some of the kiwi boys play.
No more plodders!
:sign:

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
Interesting indeed
Probably right re Mary. Most likely only there to watch some of the kiwi boys play.
He wouldn't have liked what he saw from our Kiwi boys or the Tigers in general. If he is thinking of coaching in the NRL again I reckon he'll be crossing us off his list, too hard basket!

TIGERPOWER

Post by TIGERPOWER » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:38 am

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 11:03 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Thu 16 Aug, 2018 12:47 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 6:28 pm
TIGERPOWER wrote:
Wed 15 Aug, 2018 4:25 pm

Hold on. So Cleary told the club and the players on Monday that he wasn’t going anywhere. Yet they decided to pull him out of the Tuesday conference and keep him quiet till Saturday just to keep us guessing. Does that actually make sense to you? I’ve been one of clearys biggest supporters but something fishy went on last week.
And I know for a fact , that Ivan was very upset, almost beside himself , that he was unable to
Personally come to your place and calm your doubts,
He fully intended to, but just couldn’t get there, he hopes you will forgive him, as he didn’t want one of his biggest supporters To be left in the dark on his deepest thoughts
You can sleep peacefully now,
Damn you got me good. Tell Ivan since you know him personally, why did he make me lose 5 nights of sleep when he was staying all along. Also apologise on my behalf to him that as a paying member of the club that I had to put with 5 days of uncertainty because Ivan’s pride wouldn’t let him answer the questions about his future.
Arrrrrr, youre slipping!!
Nowhere did I say that I know Ivan personally.
But Id be pretty right in saying that, Ivan would think it pretty wacko for a person to get no sleep for five days, because He refused to be dictated to, by less than honest media, and the odd neurotic club club member( who hes probably never heard of, and probably never will) who are wetting their daks, because Ivan doesnt think that the world revolves around them.
Well buddy, It doesnt!! Get used to it
No buddy I think your slipping lol. You don’t know him personally but you started your reply by saying “ you know for a fact that Ivan this and Ivan that and seemed to talk alot on his behalf. So you’d have to assume you knew him personally. Once again another one on here done by sarcasm. I’m running a course you know, bring some of the other boys with you. I stopped losing sleep over footy in 2005 after we won the grand final. I will try to not be too literal when I reply to you in future so I don’t hurt your limited IQ.

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:00 am

oldprop wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 3:51 pm
Ivan still owns a house in Leonay, near Emu Plains. Just saying.
Yeah I guess there waiting till season end because they have purchased a mansion on the northern beaches moving end of year.

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:03 am

Tiger Steve wrote:

It feels a bit like they trIed to shut it down last week now begins the slow release of information and stories to break it to us gently.

Just speculation of course but people can no longer take the high ground and dismiss these sort of posts. There is a bit of smoke here.
Its an opinion!

momo&medo

Post by momo&medo » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:14 am

Yep ..... next couple of months before we can see with our own eyes how this plays out.
Still I will be very dissapinted if it’s true and he does move to Panthers .... more so because I have placed a high degree of confidence in the man and his integrity and commitment.
But that’s life and everything happens for a reason and will just go with the flow.
As I said before we would be in good position as there are quite few good coaches currently looking for a gig.

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

Not convinced he is staying while ever Penrith dont announce a replacement for Griffin.