Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Chris

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Chris » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 am

While we have Ivan here with this cloud of mystery over his time here, we'll never be able to buy any quality players. Ivan will meet with a player and the only question they'll ask is "Will you be here past 2020?" That will be the end of the conversation.

formerguest
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by formerguest » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:45 am

Coaching longevity aside, why on earth was our best back rower sitting on the bench?

foreveratiger

Post by foreveratiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:13 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:43 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:01 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:57 pm

Interesting indeed
Might have been there in case Mary's mob bottled it. I reckon if they bomb out of the finals he'll be on thin ice.
Probably right re Mary. Most likely only there to watch some of the kiwi boys play.
He wouldn't have liked what he saw from our Kiwi boys or the Tigers in general. If he is thinking of coaching in the NRL again I reckon he'll be crossing us off his list, too hard basket!
For your Sanity your best job as a Coach is Origin or the international game , Mal Meninga is one stress free soul
It depends who you talk to on this Forum, if you are Optimistic? it's because your delusional and need a reality check. If you are Pessimistic? Your accused of being a negative Nancy and to go and follow another Club.

Tiger Steve

Post by Tiger Steve » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:20 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:03 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
Oh dear! There’s a fluff piece on the Tigers web site about Matalino. It goes to some length to reassure us that if Ivan was to go to Penrith, matalino would see out his contract.

As I said in an earlier post, I am hanging on to the belief Ivan is a man of his word but everything else is pointing to an early exit.
It feels a bit like they trIed to shut it down last week now begins the slow release of information and stories to break it to us gently.

Just speculation of course but people can no longer take the high ground and dismiss these sort of posts. There is a bit of smoke here.
And where’s there’s smoke there’s ,,,,,,,,,,, oh sorry! Not allowed to say that
“Peanuts! Get ya peanuts - in the shell or sugar coated!” Leichhardt memories.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:28 am

Chris wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 am
While we have Ivan here with this cloud of mystery over his time here, we'll never be able to buy any quality players. Ivan will meet with a player and the only question they'll ask is "Will you be here past 2020?" That will be the end of the conversation.
Yes and this is what stinks about the whole situation! It's put Wests Tigers between a rock and a hard place, as if it wasn't difficult enough for us to attract quality players already.

No one will want to commit to coming here while there is still so much speculation and uncertainty hanging over our coaching situation. It needs to be put to bed NOW, not in November when it will be too late to begin negotiations with the really good players off contract. They will have signed elsewhere before then.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:32 am

The Patriot wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:03 am
Tiger Steve wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 10:39 am
Oh dear! There’s a fluff piece on the Tigers web site about Matalino. It goes to some length to reassure us that if Ivan was to go to Penrith, matalino would see out his contract.

As I said in an earlier post, I am hanging on to the belief Ivan is a man of his word but everything else is pointing to an early exit.
It feels a bit like they trIed to shut it down last week now begins the slow release of information and stories to break it to us gently.

Just speculation of course but people can no longer take the high ground and dismiss these sort of posts. There is a bit of smoke here.
Bit strange for the club to release that kind of thing 'I'll see out my contact even if Ivan goes' , or is it just me thinking that? One things for sure, the off-season is going to be interesting.
No more plodders!
:sign:

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:38 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:28 am
Chris wrote:
Yes and this is what stinks about the whole situation! It's put Wests Tigers between a rock and a hard place, as if it wasn't difficult enough for us to attract quality players already.

No one will want to commit to coming here while there is still so much speculation and uncertainty hanging over our coaching situation. It needs to be put to bed NOW, not in November when it will be too late to begin negotiations with the really good players off contract. They will have signed elsewhere before then.
Iam sure the club knows what’s happening and when it’s happening re Cleary and have a plan in place. Pascoe and Cleary are pretty tight and if Cleary is granted a early release a exit strategy would be planned so the club doesn’t lose face and if he hangs around for another two years it gives them time to groom or find a replacement.

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:48 am

supercoach wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:38 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Chris wrote:

Iam sure the club knows what’s happening and when it’s happening re Cleary and have a plan in place. Pascoe and Cleary are pretty tight and if Cleary is granted a early release a exit strategy would be planned so the club doesn’t lose face and if he hangs around for another two years it gives them time to groom or find a replacement.
I sure hope you're right Supercoach because the silence around our recruitment, while all this is going on, is deafening! Plenty of players leaving, but no one coming.

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:55 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:48 am
supercoach wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Chris wrote:

I sure hope you're right Supercoach because the silence around our recruitment, while all this is going on, is deafening! Plenty of players leaving, but no one coming.
Even the plodders are leaving in droves ..
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 12:21 pm

It may be the perfect time to let Cleary go as his heart does'nt appear to be in it. The problem now is that Tigers have said he is staying for next 2 years. To ask him to go on reflection can cost compensation from Penrith. Either we offer an extension for 2 additional years and he accepts or we cut our losses now & recruit another top coach who can recruit some quality player.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 1:09 pm

goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 9:43 pm
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:10 am
goldcoast tiger wrote:
Sat 18 Aug, 2018 8:05 am
TYGA wrote:
Fri 17 Aug, 2018 1:44 pm

He has to deny any contract has been offered otherwise he would be in court with Gus. He also has to state he will see out his contract he is legally obliged to fulfil it.
This is where it gets murky if he is leaving likely at the end of his deal and has told Pascoe this it’s untenable and he will be released. Oldest trick in the book it will come out as mutual agreement. If Maquire is available I’d waste no time and get it done.
West’s have the cash Cleary can coach the Magpies.
It will be a long time before you see Any NRL club in a court action with any player, or Coach, too many skeletons in their cupboard, they would avoid that at all costs.
Any threats of serious Court action,
Would be just that, Threaths.
He is already coaching Wests.

:righton:

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 2:07 pm

hobbo wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:55 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:48 am
supercoach wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

Even the plodders are leaving in droves ..
If all the plodders left, we wouldn't have a team! :lol:

Droppy

Post by Droppy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:22 pm

Question: If Cleary has got a team of plodders to 9th spot , what could he do we a good team???

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm

Droppy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:22 pm
Question: If Cleary has got a team of plodders to 9th spot , what could he do we a good team???
We'll know when he gets to Penrith.
Madge's Maulers.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 4:02 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 3:25 pm
Droppy wrote:
:lol:
No more plodders!
:sign:

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:41 pm

WT2K wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 4:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Droppy wrote:
Don’t speak your mind, your posts will be deleted.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:21 pm

TonyTiger wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 6:41 pm
WT2K wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 4:02 pm
Cultured Bogan wrote:
Droppy wrote:
Don’t speak your mind, your posts will be deleted.
Not if people follow the rules. You might want to read them.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm

Back to Clearygate...

I really want to believe that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he is an honourable guy who was just painted badly.

His interview and the subsequent comments by Penrith that he isn't going there kinda poured water on the whole thing.

But, I can't help but wonder why he went to meet with Penrith in the first place. It's so suss. It's too suss.

I just don't buy that he went there to talk about Nathan.
Couldn't they have a phone call about that?
What could be that important that they need a face-to-face?
I mean, Ivan is no dummy. He would know that going to meet a competitor is a no-no and would be highly scandalous due to it being so unconscionable.

Yes, I think he made an incredibly bad decision to go meet Penrith.
But I don't subscribe to believing that he didn't know the true agenda. It was shady.

This point just nags on me and I can't help being upset that our coach would do that. More than upset.

He just isn't that revered guy to me anymore.

And there is just no way that the players don't feel similarly - at least a bit.

PS: I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the preceding 156 pages. Sorry for the repetition if so.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again