Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Spud Murphy

Re: Ivan Cleary - THREAD..

Post by Spud Murphy » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
Back to Clearygate...

I really want to believe that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he is an honourable guy who was just painted badly.

His interview and the subsequent comments by Penrith that he isn't going there kinda poured water on the whole thing.

But, I can't help but wonder why he went to meet with Penrith in the first place. It's so suss. It's too suss.

I just don't buy that he went there to talk about Nathan.
Couldn't they have a phone call about that?
What could be that important that they need a face-to-face?
I mean, Ivan is no dummy. He would know that going to meet a competitor is a no-no and would be highly scandalous due to it being so unconscionable.

Yes, I think he made an incredibly bad decision to go meet Penrith.
But I don't subscribe to believing that he didn't know the true agenda. It was shady.

This point just nags on me and I can't help being upset that our coach would do that. More than upset.

He just isn't that revered guy to me anymore.

And there is just no way that the players don't feel similarly - at least a bit.

PS: I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the preceding 156 pages. Sorry for the repetition if so.
Wasn't he just meeting up with his good mate, O'Neill to chat about the house he is selling? Reminds me of all the hoo ha over Woods having a coffee with Klemmer and co whilst he was still playing for us. That ended up being more than just a cup of coffee, maybe Ivan's meeting will too. Certainly hope not though, hope it really was just good friends catching up in this instance, but I ain't naive.

west#67

Post by west#67 » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:08 pm

Can i start a Barrett to West Tigers rumor?

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:24 pm

If Ivan wanted to put this saga to bed he needed to speak a lot earlier and in more depth. Far to many question remained unanswered.

Bee-Em

Post by Bee-Em » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 8:29 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:59 pm
bigsiro wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 7:46 pm
Back to Clearygate...

I really want to believe that the whole thing was blown out of proportion and he is an honourable guy who was just painted badly.

His interview and the subsequent comments by Penrith that he isn't going there kinda poured water on the whole thing.

But, I can't help but wonder why he went to meet with Penrith in the first place. It's so suss. It's too suss.

I just don't buy that he went there to talk about Nathan.
Couldn't they have a phone call about that?
What could be that important that they need a face-to-face?
I mean, Ivan is no dummy. He would know that going to meet a competitor is a no-no and would be highly scandalous due to it being so unconscionable.

Yes, I think he made an incredibly bad decision to go meet Penrith.
But I don't subscribe to believing that he didn't know the true agenda. It was shady.

This point just nags on me and I can't help being upset that our coach would do that. More than upset.

He just isn't that revered guy to me anymore.

And there is just no way that the players don't feel similarly - at least a bit.

PS: I'm sure this has been mentioned before somewhere on the preceding 156 pages. Sorry for the repetition if so.
Wasn't he just meeting up with his good mate, O'Neill to chat about the house he is selling? Reminds me of all the hoo ha over Woods having a coffee with Klemmer and co whilst he was still playing for us. That ended up being more than just a cup of coffee, maybe Ivan's meeting will too. Certainly hope not though, hope it really was just good friends catching up in this instance, but I ain't naive.
Hard to imagine Ivan has taken on the role he has with the Tigers, virtually having full autonomy with football operations, to then within 12 months suddenly feel that..." hey, I would like to coach Nathan". SURELY him coaching his son has been on Cleary drawing board long before this, and with Ivan taking on the role he has with West Tigers a little over 12 months ago, maybe his plans included bringing Nathan over to the Tigers?

Hard to believe he has taken this role on with all associated responsibilities, only to go back to an organisation that punted him just a few years ago.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm

Spud Murphy wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:28 am
Chris wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 9:33 am
While we have Ivan here with this cloud of mystery over his time here, we'll never be able to buy any quality players. Ivan will meet with a player and the only question they'll ask is "Will you be here past 2020?" That will be the end of the conversation.
Yes and this is what stinks about the whole situation! It's put Wests Tigers between a rock and a hard place, as if it wasn't difficult enough for us to attract quality players already.

No one will want to commit to coming here while there is still so much speculation and uncertainty hanging over our coaching situation. It needs to be put to bed NOW, not in November when it will be too late to begin negotiations with the really good players off contract. They will have signed elsewhere before then.
How do we know Ivan isn't going to commit longer term with us? As far as we know it could already taken care of in the background by tigers management. There is poteneitally nothing going on here.

The media started this mess cause Ivan stupidly met with penrith to discuss his son. If only to discuss Nathan, which im led to believe is the truth, the whole things a farce.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm

Some of you people must be running out of Kool-aid and tin foil hats by now.

Build a bridge, get over it and give the rest of us some peace.

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm

mtd wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 10:55 pm
How do we know Ivan isn't going to commit longer term with us? As far as we know it could already taken care of in the background by tigers management. There is poteneitally nothing going on here.
Oh but there is. Everyone knows there is.
Smoke = fire
mtd wrote:
The media started this mess cause Ivan stupidly met with penrith to discuss his son. If only to discuss Nathan, which im led to believe is the truth, the whole things a farce.
Getting behind our coach is one thing (all for it!), but with all due respect, no-one can be expected to believe that wholeheartedly.
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

bigsiro

Post by bigsiro » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:34 pm

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm

After years of dealing with troubled water we all thought we were walking that bridge already.

PS if you don't like the thread maybe simply don't read it?
Make Wests Tigers Great Again

mtd

Post by mtd » Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:40 pm

bigsiro wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:24 pm
mtd wrote:
Smoke = fire
mtd wrote:
Getting behind our coach is one thing (all for it!), but with all due respect, no-one can be expected to believe that wholeheartedly.
Really?

I genuinely think Ivan went there to discuss Nathan. What came after we can't blame Ivan for. They dangled a carrot that wasn't on the radar.

Now that carrot is another 2 years away.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:32 am

mtd wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:40 pm
bigsiro wrote:
mtd wrote:
Smoke = fire
mtd wrote:
Really?

I genuinely think Ivan went there to discuss Nathan. What came after we can't blame Ivan for. They dangled a carrot that wasn't on the radar.

And you believe in Santa Too

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:52 am

magpiecol wrote:
Sun 19 Aug, 2018 11:05 pm

You can get all the peace you want by simply not logging onto here, it's your choice. Might give us some peace too.

TonyTiger

Post by TonyTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:00 am

mtd wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
mtd wrote:
Smoke = fire
mtd wrote:
Really?

Dreamer

Spud Murphy

Post by Spud Murphy » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:06 am

mtd wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Chris wrote:
While we have Ivan here with this cloud of mystery over his time here, we'll never be able to buy any quality players. Ivan will meet with a player and the only question they'll ask is "Will you be here past 2020?" That will be the end of the conversation.
Yes and this is what stinks about the whole situation! It's put Wests Tigers between a rock and a hard place, as if it wasn't difficult enough for us to attract quality players already.

No one will want to commit to coming here while there is still so much speculation and uncertainty hanging over our coaching situation. It needs to be put to bed NOW, not in November when it will be too late to begin negotiations with the really good players off contract. They will have signed elsewhere before then.

We don't know anything and that's the problem. Yes the media did start it and are subversively continuing to speculate, but no one from Wests Tigers (especially Ivan) is saying anything to quell this speculation either.

Ftr, I thought he and O'Neill met to talk about Ivan's house on the market, not Nathan. In any case, two friends should be able to meet together without the media making up stories and blowing things all out of proportion, but we know that's impossible.

TrueTiger

Post by TrueTiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:36 am

I can understand the concern most have in regard to Ivan leaving next year or committing to his contractual agreement...
The frenzy which has gone on since last week as well as the speculation surrounding his situation is mind boggling..
All Im going to do is wait until this season is over and pre season begins before I start giving it more thought,because as far as Im concerned,and I do hold Ivan in high esteem,he has told us that he is going to see out his current contract with us and coach the team for the next 2 years..
I will trust that he has told us the truth,because I don't see him as a 2 faced liar as is Gould known to be...
Whatever situation it was to visit with Penrith,either to sell property or discuss Nathan as we have been told,then there I will let it rest...I will be bitterly disappointed if Ivan and the club know different and are leading us up the garden path..If this is the situation then maybe Ivan isnt the only one that treats the membership base like mushrooms,keeping us in the dark and feeding us bs....

I try to be trusting of everyone until they do wrong....lets see if I end up disappointed in this situation...
You may see me struggle...but you will never see me quit... :D

Telltails

Post by Telltails » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:01 am

You have to question if the Clearys have become like a handbrake on us moving forward, and visa versa for them.
I have gone from being a big fan of Ivan to thinking he has now got his mind elsewhere and under the circumstances making him see out his contract cause we can, may work against us rather than work for us.
We need to recruit and if speculation over Ivans future is impacting on that in anyway then we have to act on it.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:06 am

Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:06 am
mtd wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:
Chris wrote:

We don't know anything and that's the problem. Yes the media did start it and are subversively continuing to speculate, but no one from Wests Tigers (especially Ivan) is saying anything to quell this speculation either.

Ftr, I thought he and O'Neill met to talk about Ivan's house on the market, not Nathan. In any case, two friends should be able to meet together without the media making up stories and blowing things all out of proportion, but we know that's impossible.
Okay he went to Penrith to have a friendly chat about selling his house and Nathan’s progress with his buddy Dave. Dave than tells Ivan they would be interested in his services when ever he became available. No contract was offered and Ivan did not agree to anything but he felt obligated to let Pascoe know of the meeting and what was discussed. Pascoe and Go than come out with a very strong press release saying the club will not release Ivan without a fight.

Gus the mouth of the mountains has given a slightly different account..saying Ivan when talking to his mate Dave, said he would talk to Pascoe about trying to join the club next season.

Anyway if you actually think this is just a media beat up and Ivan is not covering something up and both Penrith and the Tigers have been transparent and honest IMO you life in fantasyland

hobbo

Post by hobbo » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:29 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 9:06 am
Spud Murphy wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 8:06 am
mtd wrote:
Spud Murphy wrote:

Okay he went to Penrith to have a friendly chat about selling his house and Nathan’s progress with his buddy Dave. Dave than tells Ivan they would be interested in his services when ever he became available. No contract was offered and Ivan did not agree to anything but he felt obligated to let Pascoe know of the meeting and what was discussed. Pascoe and Go than come out with a very strong press release saying the club will not release Ivan without a fight.

Gus the mouth of the mountains has given a slightly different account..saying Ivan when talking to his mate Dave, said he would talk to Pascoe about trying to join the club next season.

Anyway if you actually think this is just a media beat up and Ivan is not covering something up and both Penrith and the Tigers have been transparent and honest IMO you life in fantasyland
100 %

That’s why Mr “integrity “ has been a sook in all of his pressers since Pascoe and Go have put a red line through him leaving !
We need mongrel ..
No more plodders !

Russell

Post by Russell » Mon 20 Aug, 2018 10:02 am

supercoach wrote:
Mon 20 Aug, 2018 7:32 am
mtd wrote:
bigsiro wrote:
mtd wrote:
Smoke = fire
mtd wrote:
Really?

And you believe in Santa Too
So do I.